PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady checks in, no new details on knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those who think he doesn't look so good, but, let's face it, the only one for whom Tommy should be concerned about looking good is Giselle.

I've posted before that I wish the Pats were being more forthcoming about his rehab and that they were leaving too much of a vacuum for negative speculation by doing so. But, I might have been wrong because, as always, Piolichic has his agenda.

As the season draws to a close and as Franchise, Draft and FA decisions begin to loom on the horizon, I think we can only expect even more silence. As difficult and awkward as it might be, it's possible that they don't even want Matt, with whom they will be negotiating the minute the Pats last game ends, to know exactly where Brady's recovery stands, which could make for some interesting chatter in the training and weight rooms.

They certainly don't want other teams to know exactly where things stand. In fact, leaving room for speculation that TB is not doing well, would strengthen the Pats hand in negotiations with potential trade partners, who could believe that we would only let Matt go for the very best possible deal and otherwise would keep him. If trading partners knew that Tommy was going to be ready for Training Camp and be able to start Exhibition Games, they would probably offer less.

They certainly don't want other teams to know exactly where things stand. In fact, leaving room for speculation that TB is not doing well, would strengthen the Pats hand in negotiations with potential trade partners, who could believe that we would only let Matt go for the very best possible deal and otherwise would keep him. If trading partners knew that Tommy was going to be ready for Training Camp and be able to start Exhibition Games, they would probably offer less.

That's a real good point. And there's also the issue of the NFLPA frowning upon tag and trades - not that Belichick gives a rat's a** what they think, but the issue can largely be avoided if Brady's status remains unknown until closer to the start of the season.

The fact that he's walking around is promising, and he has been walking around for quite some time. I believe the first 4-6 weeks of ACL rehab are on crutches - so even with the delay the infection caused, he's probably a couple of months into the rehab timeline.

It's clear to me that things are going well. And I'm a pessimist.

But when you take what Curran wrote almost a month ago :

"Meanwhile, the current concern is whether the infection may have compromised the repair work done. If it does - and an examination of the knee's repair work will happen in the coming days - the repair work will be undone, the knee will be reflushed, scar tissue caused by the infection (Brady's range of motion is seriously limited) will be removed and -- after a six-week period -- the surgery will be performed again."

Gimpy Brady Tells Boston TV Station Knee Is "Doing Well" - NBC Sports Blogs

Then combine it with him being out in public and looking good with general movement :

"Brady, who moved around the room with ease"

Brady mum on progress - The Boston Globe

I am totally optimistic. According to Curran's timeline, if the repaired ACL was threatened he would have had it removed by now and be awaiting a new one while being in the middle of the knee flushing and scar tissue removal. Yes, I know you can walk with an ACL removed but when you combine him moving well yesterday with Breer saying he had a source extremely close to Brady saying that everything is going well, it's clear to me that he is now in the rehab stage not in the "ACL is threatened by infection" stage.

It's clear to me that things are going well. And I'm a pessimist.

But when you take what Curran wrote almost a month ago :

"Meanwhile, the current concern is whether the infection may have compromised the repair work done. If it does - and an examination of the knee's repair work will happen in the coming days - the repair work will be undone, the knee will be reflushed, scar tissue caused by the infection (Brady's range of motion is seriously limited) will be removed and -- after a six-week period -- the surgery will be performed again."

Gimpy Brady Tells Boston TV Station Knee Is "Doing Well" - NBC Sports Blogs

Then combine it with him being out in public and looking good with general movement :

"Brady, who moved around the room with ease"

Brady mum on progress - The Boston Globe

I am totally optimistic. According to Curran's timeline, if the repaired ACL was threatened he would have had it removed by now and be awaiting a new one while being in the middle of the knee flushing and scar tissue removal. Yes, I know you can walk with an ACL removed but when you combine him moving well yesterday with Breer saying he had a source extremely close to Brady saying that everything is going well, it's clear to me that he is now in the rehab stage not in the "ACL is threatened by infection" stage.

Good stuff - yes, my conclusions exactly: the graft worked, he's back on track.

And for any Californication fans out there, I'd say the sight of Brady walking around a room with ease gives me a "broner". (For those that don't watch the show, you should).

Last edited:
And for any Californication fans out there, I'd say the sight of Brady walking around a room with ease gives me a "broner". (For those that don't watch the show, you should).
You and me both - although I have never watched the show I get the point. As nicely as Cassel has done, it's hard to believe we've made it through almost a complete season without Tommy and after a few more games he should be "on track" to play in the next game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News