PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady checks in, no new details on knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
No details from Tom Brady - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The condition of the left knee, is the infection cleared at this point?
“Belichick never wants us to talk about any of that. We’re just going to root, the season is not over. I’m on injured reserve, so I can’t do much for the team at this point, other than show my support.”

Impressed with Matt Cassel’s performance so far?
“He’s done incredible. I think he’s had a very tough week. He’s had a lot of support from his teammates. He’s a great person, a great teammate, a great friend, and he’s such a mentally tough person. Just the success that I’ve seen from him and his maturity is exceptional.”

Some nice praise for Cassel.

As for the knee, he may not have any new details, but I think his presence on the East coast is indicative of not having another surgery, of the infection having cleared, of being back on track.

Knock on wood, he'll be ready to participate in mini camp or training camp. The surgery was October, the infection set him back presumably 4-6 weeks. The typical ACL rehab for QBs is within the 6-9 month time frame, in all honesty, coming more on the 6 month side of things (see McNabb, Palmer & Rivers). So we're talking about 7 months from the start of October, which by my count might even get him back by passing camps.

Last edited:
No details from Tom Brady - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Some nice praise for Cassel.

As for the knee, he may not have any new details, but I think his presence on the East coast is indicative of not having another surgery, of the infection having cleared, of being back on track.

Knock on wood, he'll be ready to participate in mini camp or training camp. The surgery was October, the infection set him back presumably 4-6 weeks. The typical ACL rehab for QBs is within the 6-9 month time frame, in all honesty, coming more on the 6 month side of things (see McNabb, Palmer & Rivers). So we're talking about 7 months from the start of October, which by my count might even get him back by passing camps.

FWIW, I read a post at Patriots Insiders, in the insiders lounge claiming that their sources say that Brady will be ready by training camp next year, or as soon as minicamp. Again, FWIW. Until I see Brady running around on the field, I take this stuff with a grain of salt.

looking at that picture, either it was a bad photo or he looks
a lot thinner and not healthy. He looks like he's aged years.
again it could just be a bad picture. IMO

FWIW, I read a post at Patriots Insiders, in the insiders lounge claiming that their sources say that Brady will be ready by training camp next year, or as soon as minicamp. Again, FWIW. Until I see Brady running around on the field, I take this stuff with a grain of salt.

My prediction he will be at minicamp and participating in some way (probably not at everything). Word is he is back on track and rehabbing. If true, there is very little reason to believe that he will not be back practicing day one at training camp. Carson Palmer with the same injury plus a dislocated knee and cartlidge damage was back on the practice field faster than the difference in time from today and the start of training camp next year. So was Philip Rivers.

It looks like there is a light shining on his face. I wouldn't read too much into him "not looking healthy" based on that picture. He was thin this year before his injury. He said that he dropped about 20lbs before the start of this season. So he may be a little lighter than he was before he got injured, but he was already much leaner from the 2007 before he got injured.

Besides, he can easily regain the weight lost by July of 2009. Anyone could put on 10-30lbs of muscle 8-9 months if they worked out like an athlete does.

Could be the lighting. If you look closely, his entire face is illuminated slightly.

It looks like there is a light shining on his face. I wouldn't read too much into him "not looking healthy" based on that picture. He was thin this year before his injury. He said that he dropped about 20lbs before the start of this season. So he may be a little lighter than he was before he got injured, but he was already much leaner from the 2007 before he got injured.

Besides, he can easily regain the weight lost by July of 2009. Anyone could put on 10-30lbs of muscle 8-9 months if they worked out like an athlete does.

You beat me to the punch.

That's a bad picture, there is a light beaming right on his face.

Er.....on a bit of at OT note, who names their kid Abismal?

At that point, Brady told media members he wanted to get going. He was asked one final question if he was healthy enough to play golf. “I wish,” he responded. “Not in this weather, although yesterday I probably could have.”

what do you read:D into this. Can he play or not?

Last edited:
I'm more interested in Ernie Adams developing a force field to protect his holiness come the start of season 2009 ;)

I'm sure TB12's rehab is progressing well and the consumate professional him being, will be ready when called.

OK

Where are our photography experts?

Actually, sign me up for the "Giselle Every Night" weight loss plan.

That's a bad picture, there is a light beaming right on his face.

Er.....on a bit of at OT note, who names their kid Abismal?

It has a different connotation in Spanish. It doesn't mean dreary.

The root is abyss. As in "deep" or "profound."

For some reason in English, the word which comes from the Latin for deep and profound means, basically, you've sunk to the depths.

I'm sure her friends call her Abby.

Brady to Vargas... First Down!

It has a different connotation in Spanish. It doesn't mean dreary.

The root is abyss. As in "deep" or "profound."

For some reason in English, the word which comes from the Latin for deep and profound means, basically, you've sunk to the depths.

I'm sure her friends call her Abby.

OK, that's good to know. I guess I need to brush up on my Spanish!

Tom Brady is da man! You hear me?

Good to see him!

Attachments

• brady.jpg
    brady.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 199
No news is good news as far as Im concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes