PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady back at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it sucks for Matt but I hope he understands that he is not going to be back next year as this year he will take 'em into the playoffs and show teams that he can get starting qb $$. For that reason I want him to play for himself.

Im not sure thats right .. from what i've heard Brady;s been in constant communication with MC (they are friends anyway I think) and advising, helping etc.

Who better to study film with...

Im not sure thats right .. from what i've heard Brady;s been in constant communication with MC (they are friends anyway I think) and advising, helping etc.

Who better to study film with...

No kidding. The last thing this team wants is Matt playing for himself...that's when players go off script and really screw up. Matt is playing for his team, and make no mistake the 2008 NEP through week 10 are HIS team as it has to be. Tom gets that, which is why we won't see him and his work will be done behind the scenes where he can be supportive without being a distraction. Come playoff time, if we make it, I would expect we might see him cheerleading on the sidelines, or sitting in the owners box or even keeping Ernie company. But not before then. And no way he's going to distract from Troy Brown Night either...

Last edited:
GREAT f...... news :woohoo: ... get well Tom ...

sounds like law firm has a little man-crush

He bettter get in line!
wub.gif

Two observations, I'm no doctor, so someone tell me if these make any sense.

1) If the infection weren't down or gone, he probably wouldn't be working out. It would just make the infection worse.
2) Given what happened to the Cleveland Browns, if Brady still had the staph infection, the team probably wouldn't want him around the locker room.

If even 1 of those 2 points is accurate, then we can assume that Brady's knee is where it needs to be, just 5 weeks behind schedule.

I haven't really been following Rodney's injury, but I had thought that he was done for the season and pretty much his career was over...? If thats the case why's he back working out? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Rodney back in action, but from what I gathered his career was over... is that not the case? Can we really hope that he might be back this season or next year?
Anyone who has joint and/or muscle surgery has to rehab or the joint or muscle will atrophy and cause serious problems down the line whether s/he ever plays again. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see RH back at camp next year.

I haven't really been following Rodney's injury, but I had thought that he was done for the season and pretty much his career was over...? If thats the case why's he back working out? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Rodney back in action, but from what I gathered his career was over... is that not the case? Can we really hope that he might be back this season or next year?

Never, ever take at face value the stuff the opinion pundits write.
Did Rodney say he was done? Did BB say it? No, they did not.
Fact is nobody has an inkling. Too soon to say, unless Rodney himself decides to simply pack it in. Sure he's old and may be fataly slowed but premature OPINION definitive judgements about his career are unwarranted.

PFT is Reporting that The Herald is reporting that Brady has a stiff knee.

ProFootballTalk.com - REPORT: BRADY HAS STIFF KNEE

Yep, there goes the media again. How much longer before they start putting "regular" newspapers in the checkout lanes at grocery stores right next to the Enquirer and Weekly World News?

Gee, Brady's knee is stiff, has limited mobility and range of motion, huh? Imagine those symptoms occuring after having 1 major knee surgery and several minor follow-ups....it's shocking!!

That's why doctors estimate 6-9 months for recovery, don't they get it?? :confused:

well, if he does, I sure hope Culpepper will be available :D

LOL:D

* Great news about Tom! The team needs to see him around and I'm sure whatever input he's giving to Matt/them is invaluable. I don't hold much hope for seeing him at games anytime soon but that's ok-at least he's around for the team and we know his actual rehab process has begun :)

Rodney:

Nobody has officially said anything about him. "experts" have said that the kind of injury he suffered is at least a 12month rehab which would not allow him back in camp next year. Nobody knows what will happen, but at best he could come back later in the year.

TB:

He won't show up to Troy Brown night because the media attention would be focussed on him and not on Troy. This is Troy's night, and it's well deserved, and TB won't want to take anything away from that. In addition the Big show guys from WEEI were at a charity event last friday with TB, and all anyone in the room kept saying was: "look at TB, he looks terrible....frail, sick, ect... Now this is expected after major surgery, infection, meds, ect.... but we all know if he made an appearance on the sideline or such the main story would be about how he looks terrible and is his career in jeopardy. TB will stay behind the scenes and continue to mentor MC, which he has been doing all year....it's just in person now. In addition I think that MC is pretty confident in his job right now and would welcome any help from TB that he can get.

PFT is Reporting that The Herald is reporting that Brady has a stiff knee.

ProFootballTalk.com - REPORT: BRADY HAS STIFF KNEE

The obvious response here is:

18613793_350x350_Front_Color-RedWhite.jpg

PFT should find a better source for information about Brady. Um Herald, did you think that he would be walking normally after he just had surgery? This is exactly why I don't waste my time reading anything from them. :rolleyes:

Holy crap, Brady's knee is stiff. Oh well, there's nothing they can do about that in the next 10 and a half months before the 09 season starts. :p

Last edited:
does it mean that we will see him in the playoff game and SB?

i don't see why not? If he recovers quickly, put him back on the field.

He's IR'd - he is not allowed to play again this season. And my sarcasm in the above post aside, its still a 6+ month rehab from an ACL injury. My point was, he's got about 4 months of cushion before the season starts, so the doom and gloom of the Herald, Globe and other media outlets at this time seems unreasonable.

He wouldn't be ready but even if he were he's on IR and ineligible to play again this season.

I found it interesting that Cassel said Brady wasn't at the QB meeting (according to Reiss). I think thats a mistake, and hopefully it was simply an issue of Brady was busy rehabbing, and at some point in the season, Brady will get back to getting in those meetings. His knee might be in rough shape, but Brady's brain is working. The more input Brady has, the more influence he has on Cassel, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back