PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady admits Deion was a distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoonerPatriot said:
But yeah, this is Brady's "dream" WR corps. Sure thing. He's probably not dissapointed at all.
He's probably disappointed that this shabby front office has only provided him with Dillon and Maroney in the backfield to take the pressure off the passing game too.

:rolleyes:

Infinsible said:
Moronic :rocker:

My website has cool people. Your's has crybabies. "Boo hoo, Branch is gone" "Boo hoo, Seymour likes men" Boo hoo. I get a kick out of it. True enjoyment.

If Chambers were traded some of your fans would be upset too.

You're an idiot.

SoonerPatriot said:
I've seen Gabriel play before, yes. He will clearly be our No. 1 (not sayin much). Jackson haven't seen play. Rookie WR track records, not so good in the NFL. Caldwell is a No. 4 NFL WR. Maybe a No. 5. HIs career numbers back that up. Troy is 35 years old and still moderately effective.

But yeah, this is Brady's "dream" WR corps. Sure thing. He's probably not dissapointed at all.

When has he ever had a dream WR corps? Branch was a really good #2 and an average to below average #1. Givens was/is at best a below average #2 or a good #3 but you can live in your little fantasy world and pretend that they were some "dream" tandem. Good luck with that!:cool:

Quick run the sky is falling....the sky is falling! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
LOL, yup, just ask the Washington "We Have WRs Coming Out of Our Ears" Redskins.

Exactly. No team could possibly hold a team like Washington under 21...

Uh, what was that? Oh, they did, did they?

I mean 16.

BelichickFan said:
He's probably disappointed that this shabby front office has only provided him with Dillon and Maroney in the backfield to take the pressure off the passing game too.

:rolleyes:

Nice try to change the subject. What that doesn't change is this WR corps is at best average. Ideally, I don't think any QB, let alone Brady who has enjoyed formidable WRs the past 3 years, would pick this group. I would assume you would agree with that.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
When has he ever had a dream WR corps? Branch was a really good #2 and an average to below average #1. Givens was/is at best a below average #2 or a good #3 but you can live in your little fantasy world and pretend that they were some "dream" tandem. Good luck with that!:cool:

Quick run the sky is falling....the sky is falling! :rolleyes:

Branch and Givens are like Stallworth and Swann or Rice and Taylor compared to this group. Good luck in your little fantasy world where Reche Caldwell is a gamer and Troy Brown is 22 again and Chad Jackson isn't made of Raman Noodles.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Nice try to change the subject. What that doesn't change is this WR corps is at best average. Ideally, I don't think any QB, let along Brady who has enjoyed formidable WRs the past 3 years, would pick this group. I would assume you would agree with that.

I'm not sure if "formidable" is the right word for this. Lets review:

Branch
Givens (missed 4 games)
Brown - also helped out in secondary
blah - Dwight, Johnson, Davis

Branch - missed 8 games
Givens
Patten
Brown - played 2X the amount of D snaps as O
Johnson

Branch - injured for 4-5 games, but only missed one
Brown - injured for 5-6 games, missed 3-4
Givens - was really an afterthough until around game 10
Patten - on IR after week 4
blah - Johnson, Ward, Stokes

Again, do these lineups have more sure things? Absolutely. But they aren't "formidable" by a long shot. Frankly, I would only put them at good when you factor in health and depth.

Oswlek said:
I'm not sure if "formidable" is the right word for this. Lets review:

Branch
Givens (missed 4 games)
Brown - also helped out in secondary
blah - Dwight, Johnson, Davis

Branch - missed 8 games
Givens
Patten
Brown - played 2X the amount of D snaps as O
Johnson

Branch - injured for 4-5 games, but only missed one
Brown - injured for 5-6 games, missed 3-4
Givens - was really an afterthough until around game 10
Patten - on IR after week 4
blah - Johnson, Ward, Stokes

Again, do these lineups have more sure things? Absolutely. But they aren't "formidable" by a long shot. Frankly, I would only put them at good when you factor in health and depth.

You missed the point. Formidable in comparison with THIS group.

SoonerPatriot said:
Nice try to change the subject. What that doesn't change is this WR corps is at best average. Ideally, I don't think any QB, let alone Brady who has enjoyed formidable WRs the past 3 years, would pick this group. I would assume you would agree with that.
I wasn't changing the subject. You're arguing about what the front office has surrounded Brady with and the RB (and TE for that matter) are a big part of that. Arguably as big as the WR.

As for agreeing with your last statement, I don't define Branch, Givens and Andre Davis as formidable. Not close, actually. Above average, OK.

Infinsible said:
Moronic :rocker:

My website has cool people. Your's has crybabies. "Boo hoo, Branch is gone" "Boo hoo, Seymour likes men" Boo hoo. I get a kick out of it. True enjoyment.

You sound just like Squidpain and aquaboy. Your depth of analysis consists of 'boohoo' and 'My website has cool people'.

You bring a lot to the table, chump.

I wish we were all witty and insightful like you.

SoonerPatriot said:
You missed the point. Formidable in comparison with THIS group.

I got the point. And what you are saying is only true if we assume that Jackson and Gabriel do not add anything to the group that started last week.
I let you chew on this post on a different message board. I think it makes the WR issue a little clearer.

Interesting calculation I did. If Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown do nothing more than what they did last year, and the Pats get a modest 25 receptions from rookie Chad Jackson and then guys like Childress or Smith cna combine in some mop up role to add another 16 total receptions. Then this WR squad will have produced 90% of what the 2004 vaunted Patriots WR core achieved (at least in terms of total receptions).

No need for TE Ben Watson to suddenly become a Gates or some dramatic shift in offensive style or anything else.

WRs to the Pats are like RBs to the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back