PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady admits Deion was a distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/09/toms_take_2.html

Quarterback Tom Brady just held a press conference at Gillette Stadium. He was asked several questions about Deion Branch and acknowledged that he was distracted by Branch's situation leading up to the season opener.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/09/more_from_brady.html

How emotional were your conversations with Deion this week and when you realized he was traded?
“They’re always [emotional], like very good friends. He meant a lot to me as a person and as a player he meant a lot to this organization. Part of it is just this crazy deal that we’re associated with. I don’t think I’ve become de-sensitized to it, I think it’s tough every time. For example, last week, I spent a lot of energy thinking about it. You look at the end of the week, it really wasted a lot of my time and a lot of my energy. It was a big mental drain and I think it affected the way I played. I just didn’t feel like I brought as much to the table as I normally could. That’s why I’m excited about this week – hey, I learned a good lesson, I’m going to go out there and try to do the bes I can do.â€

Mayve after seeing how the team played this week the FO realized that they had to deal with the Branch situation NOW.

Would love to hear what he's saying behind closed doors. My guess is he's pissed at Deion but even more pissed at the organization for giving him what's supposed to pass for a WR corps.

These topics are being discussed in the "Brady's take" thread. (I believe that's the one)

EDIT= fixed thread title.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Would love to hear what he's saying behind closed doors. My guess is he's pissed at Deion but even more pissed at the organization for giving him what's supposed to pass for a WR corps.
Not the Patriots' fault that Jackson got hurt. They just need to work hard and get in synch. This year's WR are a more talented group than last year's. It may be later this year, next year or never when they get in synch with Brady but, make no mistake, the talent is there.

SoonerPatriot said:

Have you seen Jackson or Gabriel play yet? Gabriel was the #2 receiver (behind Moss) so that tells me he is pretty good and Jackson looked good in camp, Caldwell caught what was thrown to him and of course Brown is still there so I am not quite sure why you are making assumptions?

How about we reserve our judgments on the WR situation until they actually get healthy and play.

I think he did learn a lesson like he said, "It's tough because you develop relationships with players. Coaches don't have relationships with players and management doesn’t know what guys are like. In that sense, it’s probably tougher for players to see other players go, because we hang out. We’re buddies. It goes far beyond the football field. Like I said, I think part of this process that I learned is to kind of expect the unexpected."

Once again I think Brady gets it. Instead of pulling a Moss and ripping everyone he actually sees all sides of it. Is he upset, sure but as long as he pulls it together next week I think it'll be fine. How many times have we heard "winning cures alot of ills".

I'm a little disappointed that Box didn't call for a thread merge on his own.....;)

mgcolby said:
Have you seen Jackson or Gabriel play yet? Gabriel was the #2 receiver (behind Moss) so that tells me he is pretty good and Jackson looked good in camp, Caldwell caught what was thrown to him and of course Brown is still there so I am not quite sure why you are making assumptions?

How about we reserve our judgments on the WR situation until they actually get healthy and play.

I've seen Gabriel play before, yes. He will clearly be our No. 1 (not sayin much). Jackson haven't seen play. Rookie WR track records, not so good in the NFL. Caldwell is a No. 4 NFL WR. Maybe a No. 5. HIs career numbers back that up. Troy is 35 years old and still moderately effective.

But yeah, this is Brady's "dream" WR corps. Sure thing. He's probably not dissapointed at all.

MoLewisrocks said:
I'm a little disappointed that Box didn't call for a thread merge on his own.....;)

haha.

tencharacters

MoLewisrocks said:
I considered it when I first read BF80's note, but after checking your thread, decided it hadn't been meant to highlight Deion's affect in the team - even if it had been hijacked by you and others. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
I considered it when I first read BF80's note, but after checking your thread, decided it hadn't been meant to highlight Deion's affect in the team - even if it had been hijacked by you and others. :D

I've discovered that if ANY thread stays around for longer than five posts it ends up switching topics at least twice. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:

I think it's very appropriate to have a couple of threads on this subject.

It sure as hell beats having multiple threads going on Jerry Porter and ***** ****.

SoonerPatriot said:
I doubt it. I saw WRs open last week (watch the game again on NFL Network). He just couldn't find the open man, and when he did, his passes were off target. Brady to too good to point the finger. He knows where the blame lies for last week (for those of you that need blame for winning a game, and somebody to be pissed at because we didn't win "pretty"), and it is with No. 12.

SoonerPatriot said:
I've seen Gabriel play before, yes. He will clearly be our No. 1 (not sayin much). Jackson haven't seen play. Rookie WR track records, not so good in the NFL. Caldwell is a No. 4 NFL WR. Maybe a No. 5. HIs career numbers back that up. Troy is 35 years old and still moderately effective.

But yeah, this is Brady's "dream" WR corps. Sure thing. He's probably not dissapointed at all.

You are too harsh.

Caldwell is a legit #3 at least... I would put him on par with David Patten.

Gabriel is a #2 caliber

At this point in his career, Troy Brown is a #3 or #4 caliber.

.... who knows about Jackson yet.

We are a team with no #1 caliber WR unless Jackson has a monster rookie season or one of these other guys plays way above their perceived talent level.

Infinsible said:
Distractions :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Our team was distracted and won. Yours was focused and lost.

Now our team gets to focus. And you're... happy?

You, sir, are the epitome of a moronic troll.

Brownfan80 said:
Our team was distracted and won. Yours was focused and lost.

Now our team gets to focus. And you're... happy?

You, sir, are the epitome of a moronic troll.
Moronic :rocker:

My website has cool people. Your's has crybabies. "Boo hoo, Branch is gone" "Boo hoo, Seymour likes men" Boo hoo. I get a kick out of it. True enjoyment.

SoonerPatriot said:

I'm sure he's crushed. He'd likely be much happier if we traded Seymour for Randy Moss, Maroney for Santana Moss, Bruschi for Torry Holt, Harrison for Larry Fitzgerald and Light for Chad Jackson.

That would be a kick ass group that we could win Super Bowls with.

dryheat44 said:
I'm sure he's crushed. He'd likely be much happier if we traded Seymour for Randy Moss, Maroney for Santana Moss, Bruschi for Torry Holt, Harrison for Larry Fitzgerald and Light for Chad Jackson.

That would be a kick ass group that we could win Super Bowls with.

LOL, yup, just ask the Washington "We Have WRs Coming Out of Our Ears" Redskins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back