PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brace vs. Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I have not played a single season in the NFL I know as a Nose Tackle your first move at the snap is not to stand straight up.
He has neither the strength nor the quickness to fend off blockers without technique.

Doomed

Respectfully mr3putt, that is a silly statement. No one in the NFL gets by on just strength. All good and great players use technique.

BTW, Brace benched 225 32 times at the combine. Strength is not an issue with the man. Technique, knowing the defense, and playing with leverage is. He is an 8-time winner of the "Feats of Strength Competition" during Festivus.

Last edited:
Although I have not played a single season in the NFL I know as a Nose Tackle your first move at the snap is not to stand straight up.
He has neither the strength nor the quickness to fend off blockers without technique.

Doomed

Great, another wasted pick. A reach in the 2nd round. where have i seen that before?? Oh bethel, chad? you still here?

Apparently he's just a really, really big guy. Are they that hard to find? I mean guys with minimal athletic ability who are just big and strong slobs.

2nd round pick?

I hope he works out great, I really do, but it is sounding bad.

I remember one play he would push the center all the back, then the next play he would get pushed off the ball. Typical rookie play he should improve if hes not lazy.

...He has neither the strength nor the quickness to fend off blockers without technique.

Doomed

There's not a nose tackle currently in the NFL that has the strength or quickness to fend off blockers without technique.

Edit: to be more precise, I should have put the word "consistently" in front of fend.

Last edited:
There's not a nose tackle currently in the NFL that has the strength or quickness to fend off blockers without technique.
:singing::singing: ..........

Edit: to be more precise, I should have put the word "consistently" in front of fend.

kris jenkins......when healthy........he was 100% effective the first moment he became an NT

kris jenkins......when healthy........he was 100% effective the first moment he became an NT

Well you are wrong b/c he wasn't a pure nose when he came into the NFL. Carolina plays a 4-3.

Either way, I guarantee he had good technique his rookie year.

Well you are wrong b/c he wasn't a pure nose when he came into the NFL. Carolina plays a 4-3.

Either way, I guarantee he had good technique his rookie year.

no....I am right......he was very effective from the very first moment he played NT.....

no....I am right......he was very effective from the very first moment he played NT.....

....and when was his 1st game as NT in a 3-4? It sure as heck wasn't his 1st year. He played DT in a 4-3. Like comparing apples and oranages.

....and when was his 1st game as NT in a 3-4? It sure as heck wasn't his 1st year. He played DT in a 4-3. Like comparing apples and oranages.

Not until 2008 when Jenkins was traded to the Jets, his 8th year in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft