PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boy..... they really are that Butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, if unemployed adult children were banned from living in their adult parents' basements, the whole Internet would be so much better.

Don't count on it! lol

Did a quick look at the penalties...

#15 Holding... yep got away with one but it would have been declined.

That's not holding. Pay attention to where James White is and where the defender is trying to go.

You guys have it all wrong.

If you hate the NYNFL for unfairly boning the Pats twice, and you want the league to implode after Brady is done, then all you have to do is agree!

“Of course the Pats paid off the refs, that’s why they call him Krafty Bob, son!”

“I know a guy who told me that Jonathan spreads so much $$$ around the refs that Steratore is known as ‘Sixto,’ for the sixth ring!”

“All these honks think they won fair and square bahahaha of COURSE it’s rigged, and in our favor too! We know the fix is in cuz we’re the WHITEST AND THA PROUDEST! Kraft for President!!!”

You know what to do.

The refs just let them play in this one

But, see this is what I am talking about...For those of you who live outside of NE like me, you know how annoying this is, and how wildly uncomfortable it is, too.

But, for those of you still in that NE bubble, who have no friends outside of NE, this mental illness these fans show, is probably hard to feel the full appreciation for.

Throw in a cheerleader Romo, ESPN/Felger-Mazz style brainwashing, etc, and this is what happens. People get brainwashed and see what they want to see.

Funny thing is , I live in FL, a few hours from DDDUUUVVAAALLLL. Trust me, all of the Bucs fans and Dolphins fans quickly switched to Jaguars fan for this game.

Over 400 entries on this Jags thread:

NFL Straight Up Rigged

giphy.gif

I'm all in this thread as "Boston Prince". This one was fun.

On the delay of game, there’s clearly a whistle while the ball is still in the air. There’s no flag visible on the broadcast, and I don’t think that play was included in the coaches film but the play finder is a disaster so I’m not completely sure.

Agree. I live in DC. The only thing that softens it here is that there is so much despair and mallaise about the local team that people just don't have the energy to whine about the Pats. But just up the road in B'more...

And yet it is still completely within our control as individuals as to how much we choose to let it bother us.

I don't agree with you about Romo. He's just new and enthusiastic about this job, but he isn't slanted one way or the other.

I hear you...Just saying.

It becomes incredibly awkward with co-workers and such, I lay low as much as possible to avoid their creepy mental illness over a successful sports franchise.

I mean, this is how incredible this run is. You had a commissioner come in, paint them as cheaters where people believed the commissioner, the commissioner just did it again, and these moron non-Pats fans still don't get that Goodell and the owners' quest to slow our franchise down has backfired and simultaneoulsy made fools out of the people who believed Goodell.

I work with a guy who honestly thought Brady should have been suspended even after Goodell was caught lying in a federal court.

People don't even care if it's a lie, if it cheats the Pats, they just want harm to come to them in any capacity, including distraction attempts via the media like we just saw.

They then turn and say Brady created it for a drama effect. Unreal.

Funny, 30:30 The Two Bill airs soon, and this funny business can be traced back to the Jets tampering with Parcells in January of 1997.

This whole thing roots back to 20 years.

I guarantee you there are people out there who think the krafts somehow weazled the league to get the white jerseys for the super bowl. :rolleyes:

That's so weak to blame the refs and spend that much time micro-looking at every play. You would think they have a life to return to but it is Jacksonville so eh.

On the delay of game, there’s clearly a whistle while the ball is still in the air. There’s no flag visible on the broadcast, and I don’t think that play was included in the coaches film but the play finder is a disaster so I’m not completely sure.

Ventrone saw it as an obvious delay of game. It was. Nantz sort of lied and made it seem like it wasn't, which is part of my issue with Nanzt and Romo constantly rooting for the opponent and misleading the viewer.

Did a quick look at the penalties...

#15 Holding... yep got away with one but it would have been declined.
#77 Holding... not really. I can see why someone may think so but it is more the rush path used.
#69 Tripping.. no he fell. He never actually got to his legs
#71 Holding... no. Once you trip and rush in sideways from the interior you need to accept a hand on your front and back.
#71 Holding... no. He spun around and then was pushed forward.
#77 Illegal Contact. Was to the high shoulder. The hand being pushed away after makes it seem higher and more inside.
#23 Holding. No. There was hand fighting but not really holding. They let that go every play.
#25. Holding. Yeah I'd say that was holding. It would have been declined though.
#25 Holding. Nah. The release happened without 5 yards so I think that was a good non-call. They let them play without 5 yards all day.
#91 Neutral Zone. It be super ticky tac but maybe.

So after looking through the number of plays brought up I'd say 2-3 have legit concerns. Of course the Jags got away with some too. It happens.

I was about to type almost exactly the same impressions as this. Almost everything the guy calls "obvious" wasn't even a penalty.

And not one of those examples was as clear as the DPI that wasn't called against the Jags on Cooks deep down the field.

These people are truly pathetic.

I was about to type almost exactly the same impressions as this. Almost everything the guy calls "obvious" wasn't even a penalty.

And not one of those examples was as clear as the DPI that wasn't called against the Jags on Cooks deep down the field.

These people are truly pathetic.
Or the DPI on Hogan

People have difficulty acknowledging their own failure

It happens everywhere........my stepson slipped and fell on ice and he tried to blame the town...if he paid attention the entire time, he would not have slipped and fallen.

The Ravens, Seahawks, Falcons, and Jaguars simply did not pay attention the entire time and then they're like 'whappen?'

If you were paying attention, you would know and maybe the outcome would have been different, but probably not....the more likely outcome would be that you would better realize what went wrong

I have to be honest though.......teams named after mammals or birds should probably change their name to something size related ..... that might work

They had a 20-10 lead in the 4th quarter. Whatever the discrepancy was in penalties, they were in absolute prime position to win the game. It's simple why all of these teams lose to the Patriots despite arguably outplaying them and/or winning the turnover battle. They get fewer "scoring possessions." That is, they purposefully use possessions to "run out the clock" or "play it safe" rather than just trying to move the ball and score points.

On every possession, the Patriots tried to score a touchdown.

Jacksonville did the following:

• After their delay of game penalty before the half, they could have still had a first down, but went with a safe play, thinking it would be safer to punt.
  • After receiving the ball at the end of the first half with two timeouts left, they knelt on it, being "satisfied" with a 14-10 lead.
  • In the fourth quarter, their play calling became very unaggressive, as they tried to run the ball or take safe completions short of the first down marker. In particular, the third down before the Patriots game winning TD drive, was a pretty pitiful attempt at a first down. The Patriots wanted them to throw short of the marker, and McCourty made an easy tackle.
There is a really bad idea in the NFL that has gone on for years, and it consists of this: control the clock and time of possession, keep the ball out of Brady's hands, and when you have the lead, kill as much clock as you can. What it really does is limits your playbook and your team no longer tries to exploit the Patriots weaknesses. At the end of the game, you realize that there was always going to be plenty of clock left, and the Patriots used their possessions wisely, whereas you wasted some. The Falcons had a good strategy in SB51, but it just didn't work. They kept their foot on the pedal, which is exactly what they should have done. It was just poor execution. The simple point is that when you play Brady, he is going to score his points, and you need to score yours, or you will lose. It's as simple as the scoreboard.

This is a strong rebuttal argument. Kudos.

Let's do a bit of tracking of Jacksonville's last 5 possessions, starting late 3rd Quarter when Jacksonville lead 17-10. I'm specifically looking here at Jax's production from Fournette, Grant, and Yeldon (who doesn't actually show up on the box score).

Drive 1: Result - 43 yard FG to go up 20-10
Fournette - 4 carries for 23 yards. Grant - 1 carry for 2 yards.

Drive 2: Result - Punt, score remains 20-10
Fournette - 1 carry for 2 yards.

Drive 3: Result - Punt after Patriots' score - 20-17
Fournette - 2 carries for 2 yards.

Drive 4: Result - Punt - score remains 20-17
Fournette - 1 carry for -1 yard.

Drive 5: Result - Turnover on Downs - Jacksonville trying to drive for winning TD after falling behind 20-24
Fournette - 0 carries - 1 target, 0 catches.

So, after we were told that Fournette and the Jag's offense was rushing effectively early, and in the processes wearing down the Patriots front, with the implication being "watch the hell out in the 4th quarter, these guys will steamroll" - The Jags managed to rush 9 times for 28 yards during crunch time while protecting a lead.

The Jags offensive identity is predicated on having the lead and being able to choke away their opponents with their run first / don't rely on Bortles' s arm playcalling scheme. They simply did not execute, and the numbers (and the eye test) suggest that they were actually dominated in the running game in the 4th quarter. So much for tenderizing the Patriots' front, I guess.

But, sure... it was all about the disparity in penalties that cost the Jags the game. :rolleyes:

There is an interesting study done on this. People enjoy - and I mean genuinely enjoy - the feeling of being outraged about something. They get a dopamine rush from complaining about how they got screwed one way of another.

THIS IS WHAT THE PATS DO TO YOU

Charles-Barkley-Falling-Asleep-Inside-the-NBA.gif

I mean really........the most amazing part of it is that none of them actually crapped themselves......they simply 'passed out'

There is an interesting study done on this. People enjoy - and I mean genuinely enjoy - the feeling of being outraged about something. They get a dopamine rush from complaining about how they got screwed one way of another.

naaahhhhhh.....it's ego

taking responsibility for their own failures is really difficult

My favorite part of that was where the guy who created the thread admitted he had not done The same thing for the Jaguars, and if he did, it would probably negate his theory, “but he doubted it.”
Well golly, talk about your unimpeachable scientific proof ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back