PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boy..... they really are that Butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

Someone actually created a Reddit thread complete with seperate clips, pulled from Sunday's game to show how many penalties the Patriots got away with.

Can't remember the last time the pain was THIS bad for a team losing and blaming the refs for their loss. This is a totally new level my friends.

8.jpg

People have a hard time accepting that the Pats are better. It happens in every sport and in life too. If you are too good, people rather find excuses to justify they not being as great as you,

It's an impossible fight, if it's not the officiating, it's th echeating, it's the corruption, it's whatever.

Just laugh it off and enjoy the ride. Greatest Dinasty ever

Can't remember the last time the pain was THIS bad for a team losing and blaming the refs for their loss. This is a totally new level my friends.

I've got to go with the nutjob who created Stlouisrams.net. It was same idea, clips and still frames of penalties that should have been called on the Patriots in SB 36, except this person created an entire site for it. It's defunct now, but it was around from 2002 to 2005 or so.

Did a quick look at the penalties...

#15 Holding... yep got away with one but it would have been declined.
#77 Holding... not really. I can see why someone may think so but it is more the rush path used.
#69 Tripping.. no he fell. He never actually got to his legs
#71 Holding... no. Once you trip and rush in sideways from the interior you need to accept a hand on your front and back.
#71 Holding... no. He spun around and then was pushed forward.
#77 Illegal Contact. Was to the high shoulder. The hand being pushed away after makes it seem higher and more inside.
#23 Holding. No. There was hand fighting but not really holding. They let that go every play.
#25. Holding. Yeah I'd say that was holding. It would have been declined though.
#25 Holding. Nah. The release happened without 5 yards so I think that was a good non-call. They let them play without 5 yards all day.
#91 Neutral Zone. It be super ticky tac but maybe.

So after looking through the number of plays brought up I'd say 2-3 have legit concerns. Of course the Jags got away with some too. It happens.

They had a 20-10 lead in the 4th quarter. Whatever the discrepancy was in penalties, they were in absolute prime position to win the game. It's simple why all of these teams lose to the Patriots despite arguably outplaying them and/or winning the turnover battle. They get fewer "scoring possessions." That is, they purposefully use possessions to "run out the clock" or "play it safe" rather than just trying to move the ball and score points.

On every possession, the Patriots tried to score a touchdown.

Jacksonville did the following:

• After their delay of game penalty before the half, they could have still had a first down, but went with a safe play, thinking it would be safer to punt.
  • After receiving the ball at the end of the first half with two timeouts left, they knelt on it, being "satisfied" with a 14-10 lead.
  • In the fourth quarter, their play calling became very unaggressive, as they tried to run the ball or take safe completions short of the first down marker. In particular, the third down before the Patriots game winning TD drive, was a pretty pitiful attempt at a first down. The Patriots wanted them to throw short of the marker, and McCourty made an easy tackle.
There is a really bad idea in the NFL that has gone on for years, and it consists of this: control the clock and time of possession, keep the ball out of Brady's hands, and when you have the lead, kill as much clock as you can. What it really does is limits your playbook and your team no longer tries to exploit the Patriots weaknesses. At the end of the game, you realize that there was always going to be plenty of clock left, and the Patriots used their possessions wisely, whereas you wasted some. The Falcons had a good strategy in SB51, but it just didn't work. They kept their foot on the pedal, which is exactly what they should have done. It was just poor execution. The simple point is that when you play Brady, he is going to score his points, and you need to score yours, or you will lose. It's as simple as the scoreboard.

But, see this is what I am talking about...For those of you who live outside of NE like me, you know how annoying this is, and how wildly uncomfortable it is, too.

But, for those of you still in that NE bubble, who have no friends outside of NE, this mental illness these fans show, is probably hard to feel the full appreciation for.

Throw in a cheerleader Romo, ESPN/Felger-Mazz style brainwashing, etc, and this is what happens. People get brainwashed and see what they want to see.

People have a hard time accepting that the Pats are better. It happens in every sport and in life too. If you are too good, people rather find excuses to justify they not being as great as you,

It's an impossible fight, if it's not the officiating, it's th echeating, it's the corruption, it's whatever.

Just laugh it off and enjoy the ride. Greatest Dinasty ever
Agree. It is pointless to talk to the idiots. There is no point in defending it. Forget about all the other cheating BS, they think the REFS of the NFL are cheating for us?

But, see this is what I am talking about...For those of you who live outside of NE like me, you know how annoying this is, and how wildly uncomfortable it is, too.

But, for those of you still in that NE bubble, who have no friends outside of NE, this mental illness these fans show, is probably hard to feel the full appreciation for.

Throw in a cheerleader Romo, ESPN/Felger-Mazz style brainwashing, etc, and this is what happens. People get brainwashed and see what they want to see.

Agree. I live in DC. The only thing that softens it here is that there is so much despair and mallaise about the local team that people just don't have the energy to whine about the Pats. But just up the road in B'more...

And yet it is still completely within our control as individuals as to how much we choose to let it bother us.

I don't agree with you about Romo. He's just new and enthusiastic about this job, but he isn't slanted one way or the other.

It's classic cognitive dissonance.

When people are confronted with an argument or facts that they can neither refute or accept, they hallucinate. You see it all the time in sports and in politics. It's just human nature.

Last edited:
I've got to go with the nutjob who created Stlouisrams.net. It was same idea, clips and still frames of penalties that should have been called on the Patriots in SB 36, except this person created an entire site for it. It's defunct now, but it was around from 2002 to 2005 or so.

Rumor has it the creators name was Marshall Warner or was it Kurt Faulk

Someone actually created a Reddit thread complete with seperate clips, pulled from Sunday's game to show how many penalties the Patriots got away with.

Yeah, these posts come after every playoff loss. Pretty dumb, since any one of us could easily do the same thing and point out just as many instances where the Jaguars didn't get flagged when they technically should have. And that seems to be the real disconnect: there are a bunch of delusional Jags fans / Pats haters who think the Jags were flagged for a bunch of ticky-tack ********, when that's simply not what happened.

Awesome post! I appreciate you posting this. I've been wondering for a while what opposing fans were complaining about with holds. But they never specifically mentioned plays. This post has plays with GIF's! Excellent!

That being said, the only possible penalty is Solder hands to the face. But it wasn't sustained so I'm fine with the no call. If they called it, I would have been fine with it too since the dude's neck got bent back quite a bit.

But those are not holds. They're not paying attention where the defender is going in relation to the ball carrier/QB.

Now I know these fans are just whiny little *****es. Interesting that's he's a Seahawk fan. I've heard people complain here about the penalties favouring the squealers. So I'm going to assume Super Bowl XL was true. But he's just butthurt we beat them in the Super Bowl.

This is different in which of the other 31 teams fan bases?
Soccer and basketball and hockey ... is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3