PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Herald: MRI for McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two reasons to be optimistic:

2) The kind of trauma that would keep McCourty out into the playoffs would likely be fairly apparent on an MRI. This isn't like a wrist, hand, ankle or foot where there are a lot of little bones and tricky joints.

Yeah, but could he play centerfield with it?

If we win this week could be a blessing in disguise if Butler can play well and gain some confidence heading into the playoffs
Yeah, I wouldn't at all mind seeing #32 sit this one out whether Rodgers is playing or not. If we put Butler up to a test like this and he responds well, that could add some serious depth that we might need in the playoffs.

Butler has been playing very well recently from what I've seen, but it is hard to really gauge his progress from the limited action he has seen. Also, as much as we would all like to beat GB in a blowout (against Rodgers), it would not be the end of the world by any means if we lost.

Also, just imagine the implications for the future if Butler can evolve into the CB we drafted him to be... #1 McCourty, #2 Bodden, #3 Butler, #? Arrington... at this point it is just a dream, but I don't think any other team could match that.

FWIW, Gerald Warren was listed as questionable to return sunday after his injury but was back in the game after awhile.

FWIW, Gerald Warren was listed as questionable to return sunday after his injury but was back in the game after awhile.

Of course he was. :D McCourty probably could have returned if we really needed him to, but he's more important to our defense and the game was out of hand as it was.

As expected, coach Bill Belichick offered no hint of McCourty’s status.

“Well, we can give the same answer that we usually give on Monday,” Belichick said, “which is, ‘We’ll see (tomorrow).’ ”

lol, and how is that different from the usual answer for Tuesday?

lol, and how is that different from the usual answer for Tuesday?

That's typical. Keep them on their heels. The only time I've really been annoyed with the Patriots secrecy on injury updates was the day the Brady knee injury happened.

Most likely to see Chung playing slot corner in the nickle if Devin is out IMO

Yeah, I wouldn't at all mind seeing #32 sit this one out whether Rodgers is playing or not. If we put Butler up to a test like this and he responds well, that could add some serious depth that we might need in the playoffs.

Butler has been playing very well recently from what I've seen, but it is hard to really gauge his progress from the limited action he has seen. Also, as much as we would all like to beat GB in a blowout (against Rodgers), it would not be the end of the world by any means if we lost.

Also, just imagine the implications for the future if Butler can evolve into the CB we drafted him to be... #1 McCourty, #2 Bodden, #3 Butler, #? Arrington... at this point it is just a dream, but I don't think any other team could match that.

Given how lost Butler has looked vs. bigger receivers, I have trouble envisioning him excelling anywhere except in the slot/at #3 CB.

Last edited:
Most likely to see Chung playing slot corner in the nickle if Devin is out IMO

Chung's been playing "star" on and off since the Miami game, when he successfully jammed Brandon Marshall for most of the game. Because of his upper body strength, Chung has the best press technique of any of our DB's.

Chung's been playing "star" on and off since the Miami game, when he successfully jammed Brandon Marshall for most of the game. Because of his upper body strength, Chung has the best press technique of any of our DB's.

And who says all those push-ups aren't paying off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes