PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Herald: MRI for McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord, no......

Well, that's not good. Betcha they sit him now whether Rodgers plays or not.

Oh no .... Devin ...

:(

The MRI wasn't clear?

While this seems like bad news, I'm sure it's just being cautious. I just hope if he is hurt he'll be ready for the playoffs.

Vick came back after a rib injury this season. If he needs 3-4 weeks I think the Pats can still win 2 out of 3 clinch HFA and give him the time to get back for the 1st round of the playoffs. Injuries suck but at least it's not a knee.

Last edited:
Two reasons to be optimistic:

1) He was able to play through the injury for a few minutes before coming out. Fractured ribs usually make it feel like you can't breath, which isn't something one usually plays through, and a torn muscle (as opposed to strained, pulled or spasming) would make it too painful to lift his arms over his shoulder, which again, isn't something you're likely to play through.

2) The kind of trauma that would keep McCourty out into the playoffs would likely be fairly apparent on an MRI. This isn't like a wrist, hand, ankle or foot where there are a lot of little bones and tricky joints.

The way this year has worked out so far, Chevis Jackson will become this week's Eric Moore.

Luckily he's got plenty of time to rest, that's about all you can do with rib injuries. Unlikely that he'll really need to play for 5 full weeks. I think we can win 2 out of GB/MIA/Buff minus McCourty. Of course that is assuming the worst, hopefully it is not that bad.

"I'm hearing rib injury to CB Devin McCourty is not serious. Not season-ending or anything. Not ruling out missing time, but a good sign."

- Rapoport

Probably checking for hairline fracture.

Sounds like it could be a bruised rib(s), hopefully thats all it is.

Last edited:
They are going to give him an MRI no matter what. The results are not known, but that doesn't mean anything. Now Rapaport says it isn't serious. If he misses a game or two, not a huge deal especially of Rodgers is out.

While this seems like bad news, I'm sure it's just being cautious. I just hope if he is hurt he'll be ready for the playoffs.

Yeah, you can't really read too much into the fact that he got an MRI -- if an injury bothers a player enough to keep him out of a game, an MRI the next day is pretty much a fait accompli.

The Pats have rented so much time in the Brigham's MRI machine over the years that they had the hospital put one in a clinic at Patriots Place in Foxborough.

McCourty's young body should heal faster than Vick's as well, if we're making that comparison.

Stay hopeful!

Ribs have a way of letting you know if they're serious. He played? Couldn't be that bad. I imagine the MRI is a precaution to make sure nothing is sticking into a lung or something.

Devin, meet needle. ;)

So, if this information is true, then who is the mole? I am not aware of the Patriots publicizing diagnostic procedures prior to this.

With that said, I expect the MRI would be taken for a bruise to insure it isn't more, so I am not reading anything into that (I believe that happened in Ellsbury's case with the Red Sox).

The way this year has worked out so far, Chevis Jackson will become this week's Eric Moore.

The way things have worked so far this year, Belichick could probably turn the guy who parks his car at dinner into a starting Corner in a week or two. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back