PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Bruins vs the Pittsburgh Penguins series

keep it up Bs...this is awesome

I wish I had cable tv :(

That Marchand goal was huge. The Pens were feeling so good and everybody in Pitt must have been thinking the goalie switch was lightening in a bottle. Both shots by Sutter and Marchand were sniper shots.

long way to go but I am loving it. a already shaky goalie comes back in and gives up a quick goal. hes got to be crapping his pants now.

Well, that was a fun period. Let's do it again.

c1967bef395fa0399572766e4a792860.jpg

The Penguins got lazy and forgot how to play defense somewhere along the way.

The B's are just a better team.....it is glaringly obvious.

Not a hockey fan myself, just came here to say IMO a mod should move this to the main forum. There is nothing going on in the football world in June and one of our local sports teams is in the conference finals.

Hell, I started a Jamarcus Russell thread in the main forum, this should be there. :D

My gentleman's league team has a better power play than that last excuse of a PP for Pittsburgh. More like a comedy show....

Not a hockey fan myself, just came here to say IMO a mod should move this to the main forum. There is nothing going on in the football world in June and one of our local sports teams is in the conference finals.

Hell, I started a Jamarcus Russell thread in the main forum, this should be there. :D

It's not necessary when you have a dedicated forum like this. Moving it to the football forum just invites those who don't really care to chime in with nonsense. (I'm guilty of that whenever anyone starts a baseball thread in the football forum.)

It's times like these when I have to pull a Branch and ask "where's your towel...where's your towel"?

The Bruins look dominant. 2-0 headed back to Boston is stupendous. It would be nice to have this series over in 4. There's no need to give Pittsburgh a sniff given their offensive capabilities. Rask has been outstanding again.

I hope BB is on the phone to Julien. Defense is and will always be a championship winning backbone.

It's not necessary when you have a dedicated forum like this. Moving it to the football forum just invites those who don't really care to chime in with nonsense. (I'm guilty of that whenever anyone starts a baseball thread in the football forum.)

Lol good point. I'm with you though and the BankofAmericaSox. ;)

what a night

Krug again very underrated tonight. Pass between the legs was just fantastic. Great W

The Bruins look dominant. 2-0 headed back to Boston is stupendous. It would be nice to have this series over in 4. There's no need to give Pittsburgh a sniff given their offensive capabilities. Rask has been outstanding again.

I hope BB is on the phone to Julien. Defense is and will always be a championship winning backbone.

BB knows hockey?

What a dominating performance. I knew the B's had a fabulous defense but their offense tonight was on fire as well.

It's not over by any stretch but I thought for sure this was going to be a much tougher series. Clearly the Better team so far and it hasn't been close. Hope the crowd is fired up for game 3 and 4 cuz I'd love to end these guys before they can find their game. So far so good though.

The Penguins got lazy and forgot how to play defense somewhere along the way.

Had to do a transcon flight this afternoon-evening and missed the game (damn! No internet access on the flight either). For Game 1 I commented mid game that the Pens looked to be focusing on O so much they were risking the odd man rushes/their D play, and that the Bruins needed to make them pay for it. Is this what happened in Game 2? Were the Pens again too much about the offense and the Bruins made them pay for it? Did the Pens have lots of good scoring ops and luck/a solid TR stonewall them? Or was this just a plain old beat down?
If anyone can fill me in I would much appreciate it .....

it sounds weird to say Boston's confidence is through the roof. The Pens looked unorganized and were painful at times to watch, running into their own players, no flow, could not set up cause they could not get possession. The Bruins took away time and space from this team and they did it with relative ease.

In the spirit of this forum, they are a better team, play much better as a unit and were their normal physical selves.

More of the same from Pitt. in game 3 and 4 and the B's got themselves a good bit of rest before the final...

Bruins dominated, pure and simple. Wasn't even close.

That was awesome.

More of that, please.

Crosby hasn't been himself and is -1 so far this postseason. Iginla is an even zero. The top Penguins are Letang and Martin at +7.

Nathan Horton is +14! Holy crow! Krejci and Lucic are +9.

Then again, Kelly is -6, Peverly is -4 and Seguin and Jagr are -2...yuck! Also interesting that Bartkowski is -1, given the general perception that he has played well.

I can't wait for Saturday.

Horton is now +19. Just wow.

Krejci and Lucic are +12. Seguin still struggling at -1. That whole line has issues as Kelly is -6 and Peverley is -4.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back