PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Bruins vs the Pittsburgh Penguins series

Marchand's hit was STUPID. He's trying to do the tough-guy retaliatory thing because of Cooke and all that does is cause further problems. The Bruins have a lead for crap sakes, they need to be smart especially as the visiting team.

Rask is playing out of his mind, btw.
This may very well be the best game I've seen Rask play during his Boston career. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

This may very well be the best game I've seen Rask play during his Boston career. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

Some of his moves tonight have been unreal. Maybe he had a triple espresso. ;)

When they're already being out-hit 2-1, a cheap shot doesn't really do much to even the tone. But now that it's 3-0, that's probably moot. :rocker:

There is time to be judicious and there is a time to let the gloves fly. Considering the prowess of the Pens offense I don;t think a 1-0 late in the second is a time to be judicious. It is a time to let the Pens know that if they have a missing link punk cheap shot us, nobody is safe on your team from a sucker punch in the friggin head! The in game hit totals is irrespective of that imho.

But at 3-0 deep into the third, time to be judicious :D

Some of his moves tonight have been unreal. Maybe he had a triple espresso. ;)
The thing that has impressed me the most about Rask's game tonight has been his mental application. He has not made one mental error against a ridiculously good Penguin Power Play or in general play.

What a way to start. Shut down the most potent offense in some years, modest rattle of a goalie that has been rattled in the past, outstanding game for the B's goalie, dished out the smacks as well as they were taken, on the road in game 1.......just a nice way to start this series.

Let's hope we can rattle their cage again ...

Nice hard fought win ... that's what's nice about the playoffs these guys cannot possibly play like this in the regular season ... Bruins are built for the playoffs.

The thing that has impressed me the most about Rask's game tonight has been his mental application. He has not made one mental error against a ridiculously good Penguin Power Play or in general play.

One thing he can't do to save his life is grow a beard. Sheesh. :D

I expect pitt to play very good next game winning that one...but if the Bs can steal that one..would be so big

I expect pitt to play very good next game winning that one...but if the Bs can steal that one..would be so big

I think there is good foundation for your suspicion. There were times that the Pens lived up to their grand billing,,,,with the way they puck handled and pressured the Bruins zone. However, a lot of "experts" felt the same thing about game 1 that you feel about game 2. The mighty Pitt offensive juggernaut would be too much. Wrong. So I LOVE that the experts and others may feel like the Pens will come out and play lights out for game 2. This puts the pressure on the Pens to play like the mighty Pens should. Then if the Bruins take game 2? It'll be like watching a sail boat on the bay when the wind just dies and the boat sits their motionless. They'll be questioning themselves, pressing in game 3, the goalie will feel like the world is on his shoulders. Love it! I wish the game was today. Me? I'm looking forward to seeing the SS Pens without wind in their sails floating aimlessly out to sea!:D

Agreed. This is definitely the best game I remember TR playing (though I don't get to see enough games). What was great -- other than the shut out -- is I don't remember him being fooled/out of position. Hey, goals will happen but did the Goalie make a a good play on it? Did he make every damn goal one that is hard earned where the shooter had to all but thread the needle? That was TR tonight. A shout out to the D too. While the Pens definitely had offensive zone pressure going plenty of times, it seemed to me the shots were being funneled into the low percentage type with any resulting rebound scoring opportunities being squashed (much like in the Ranger series).

No suspension for Cooke. How can you justify a player with his history lining up and taking a free shot like that not getting at least a couple of games? I don't see why that hit was any different than the one that got Raffi Torres tossed for a series. Different type of hit the but intent was the same. If the B's are down late and somebody runs Letang then the league and Shanahan can blame themselves although I'm sure the Bruin will get a suspension because Mario will cry like he always does.

if pitt tires to play more physical and fight again..they will lose..not who they are

Embarrassing game for Crosby. He needs to play between the whistle. I don't think Chara would ever go after him cause Crosby is more of less the face of the league, whether you like it or not, And Chara would never go after him cause he knows he would cause some serious damage. Sid needs to just play. Yeah, teams are on him for 60 minutes, just watch the replays and any normal human would get frustrated, but he needs to stop the chirping. With his past he has no patience from hockey fans. He was getting better but one game sends people into a fizzy again. Not only that but Boston seems to own him in the faceoff circle.

Let's face it the B's have a good team, really good. I don't think they are an underdog in any way shape of form.

If they steal tonight's game they are looking pretty.

Horton and Lucic are awesome. Lucic is a big lumbering physical player. He'll hit you hard the first time and make you think about going into the corner with him again. Horton is a tough goal scoring SOB. I am glad he stopped fighting, he can handle himself obviously but can't hurt himself or the team him being off the ice. Great plus/minus player and has been scoring a ton this offseason.

Can't wait for the game tonight...

060113bruinsce032.jpg

spank

is anyone in NE really watching the NBA tonight? :bricks:

What.
A.
Start.

huge start...shut the crowd right up

To paraphrase Deus, this is the sweep the leg moment. The Bruins can crush the hopes of Pittsburgh or get complacent.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back