PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me who effectively "broke" this story?

Someone here posted a link to a Seahawk's fan message board that cited the Seattle reporter I think - I don't know if that was the first place... then I saw people on that thread urge that others email Mike Florio

Florio did mention it but cited Cold Hard Football Facts

I'm just wondering who to thank for originally noticing it and bringing it to everyone's attention.

You're such the gentleman. ;)

:D

Actually the one guy who I thought would've been all over this is Bruce from BSMW, and he kind of wasn't. He had a little bit on this issue this morning, but thought Borges would wriggle out of it because of the disclaimer. Once it became more of a national story he expanded on it.

Actually the one guy who I thought would've been all over this is Bruce from BSMW, and he kind of wasn't. He had a little bit on this issue this morning, but thought Borges would wriggle out of it because of the disclaimer. Once it became more of a national story he expanded on it.

I love BSMW, but Bruce Allen fumbled this, one of the biggest Boston media stories in years. My guess is that he probably would wish to have this day back.

They already had a precendent with Mike Barnicle and Patricia Smith. They both received suspensions, and then eventually the axe. They'll search through his archives to see if this was a one time thing...
We can only hope they find something... but won't he still be able to write for msnbc or whomever?

i love it!

hes a prick

I would have to imagine the genuine dislike for wrong bogus had a lot to do with it. It appears many people wrote emails to the globe asking for wrong's head and the globe was put in a corner. 99% of the sports readers can see thru the hatred that bogus has for the pats that it affects his reporting. Payback is a b!tch.

Someone here posted a link to a Seahawk's fan message board that cited the Seattle reporter I think - I don't know if that was the first place... then I saw people on that thread urge that others email Mike Florio

I'm just wondering who to thank for originally noticing it and bringing it to everyone's attention.
The Globe itself said it was coldhardfootballfacts.com that first brought the matter to their attention.

We can only hope they find something... but won't he still be able to write for msnbc or whomever?

Probably. But one thing we can hope for is that he uses the next two months to find another job.

The more I think about it, the more I am amazed he just got a slap on the wrist. He should have been fired. How can he come back and expect his reputation to not suffer immeasurably, even worse than it has already?

Another person I'm dissapointed with is Bruce Allen of BSMW. IMO his coverage of the whole thing was underwhelmig at best. He preety much brushed it aside untill the national media picked it up and even then he didn't really do much. Go back and look at hte whole Ken Powers one. He was all over it. Compare it to the coverage he gave to the Ron. Its night and day.
In the first attempt in the morning he just tried to brush it aside by saying htat nothing would come of it. Since when does he only cover stories/issues only by the "Will something come of it or not" reason? Why does there need to be a conseqeunce there for him to give it more than a measly paragraph of attention? I'm a big fan of BSMW, and will probably continue to be,but I can't help but feel disapointed in his effort today. IMO he wimped out.

I have a feeling that some where Bill Belichick has a smile on his face.

Kerry from CHFF would be the one. He started the ball rolling with his column this morning. Here it is, with a bunch of other stuff, including e-mails from readers.

:rofl: Borges finally crossed the line-it was only a matter of time,I'm sure,before he did. He can't possibly be THAT overworked,can he?
He'll have plenty of time now.......

Re: Breaking News: Borges suspended 2 months by Globe

That was my second thought on this. Perhaps a campaign is in order, at least this may give them an excuse to remove his HOF vote.

each city is given one HOF vote, to REPRESENT the city, not go against it... does anyone doubt Borges vote when BB's name comes up? He is garbage, and now he has to hold his head in shame for the rest of his career.

It seems that the whole thing broke when a poster on the ESPN.com boards (go figure) named Seattlestatman posted yesterday. Very impressive, that guy really was heads up. In subsequent postings last night and today, he seemed humbled and astonished that the whole thing has actually been picked up by the fans and the powers that be. IMHO, this guy deserves a statue.

Kerry Byrne at CHFF was all over the story last night and today and PFT went with it also. One glaring fumble, however, was Bruce Allen's BSMW being fully aware of the story but totally whiffing on it. I believe Mr. Allen, for a very long time, will be wishing he had a do-over for March 5, 2007.

The major turn where this whole thing actually reached the point of no return (and wiggle room) for Joe Sullivan at the Globe was when the industry bible - - Editor and Publisher - - picked up on it this afternoon. That industry moment was the one that sealed Borges' fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST