PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have been fired. I think the Globe is making a mistake.

So he takes 2 months off and gets a tummy tuck.
He will come back more bitter and nastier than ever.

Knowing this shmuck he probably thinks himself a martyr.

"Hey, at least it's through the draft!"

Yes, this is good news

He should have been fired. I think the Globe is making a mistake.
He'll likely be fired if they find any more examples of forgery/plagerism of sources.

I imagine the search tool at the Globe's site is under a lot of pressure at the moment.

Does this make Ron Borges officially "duplicitous pond scum"?

Oh, the delicious irony.

So the Globe has set a precedent. If any of their writers want to take a 2 month sabastical all they have to do is plagarise.
Isn't it great to have high standarts for yourslef? Unbe****inlivable.

Does this make Ron Borges officially "duplicitous pond scum"?

Oh, the delicious irony.
That was not Ron Sticky Fingers.
That was Kevin Manix. He got the axe a couple of years back when the herald started laying off people.

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!! It will be hard for Borges to live this down. I actually am surprised he was only suspended for two months. Sullivan went very easy on him in his "explanation" about what happened; there really was no excuse for Borges being so careless and lazy. I only wish it had happened during football season.

Re: Breaking News: Borges suspended 2 months by Globe

Hey, at least it's through the draft!

No, unfortunately it's up to the draft. Borges threads trash this forum.

There's so much to be positive and excited about just from the FA additions. And with the draft to look forward to, one which may have an impressive outcome for the Pats, I'm hoping this off-season will be devoted to positive and hopeful topics, with less energy spent on the fleas, ****roaches, and turds of this planet.

So the Globe has set a precedent. If any of their writers want to take a 2 month sabastical all they have to do is plagarise.
Isn't it great to have high standarts for yourslef? Unbe****inlivable.

They already had a precendent with Mike Barnicle and Patricia Smith. They both received suspensions, and then eventually the axe. They'll search through his archives to see if this was a one time thing...

Hey, the the Seahwak fan from the ESPN boards should get the credit for first pointing it out!

And I guess the all important disclaimer doesn't mean you can take entire paragraphs verbatim. Geez Ron, what were you thinking?

It's about time, this guy is a complete piece of work.

And I guess the all important disclaimer doesn't mean you can take entire paragraphs verbatim. Geez Ron, what were you thinking?

Yeah, journalism would be the easiest profession ever if you could lift whole paragraphs from other people's work and then put some lame disclaimer at the end. I mean, perhaps Borges should have a fifth grader refresh his memory about how to use a source.

borges0110.jpg

HA HA!!!!

Re: Breaking News: Borges suspended 2 months by Globe

Does this mean that his HOF vote can be stripped and given to Reiss?

One can dream! :rolleyes:

That was my second thought on this. Perhaps a campaign is in order, at least this may give them an excuse to remove his HOF vote.

Can someone tell me who effectively "broke" this story?

Someone here posted a link to a Seahawk's fan message board that cited the Seattle reporter I think - I don't know if that was the first place... then I saw people on that thread urge that others email Mike Florio

Florio did mention it but cited Cold Hard Football Facts

I'm just wondering who to thank for originally noticing it and bringing it to everyone's attention.

This is the Globes way of circling the wagons and still saving some face. The whole Boston median in fact has more or less circled the wagons on this one. Borges Jr. aka Mr. Applegate, totally ignored the issue today. He insted blamed it all on the "baby" patriots fans who can not take any criticizm of their team thus they are stiring this up to get some one who dare to say bad things about the team fired.
The boston media has showed what a bunch of 2 faced, coniving, hipocritic snakes they are. They spend months and years ranting and raving about Baseball players cheating (steroids ?/ Barry Bonds) but when one of hteir won is caught they circle the wagons and deflect the attention to what the real issue is.

Disgusting.

Keep the pressure coming! My letter to Sports Editor Sullivan ([email protected]):

What kind of action is a two-month suspension for blatant plagiarism? That is a firing offense anywhere else!
All you did was send a message to Globe staffers that anytime they want a two-month vacation, just plagiarize a little. How can anyone trust you, the Globe, and Ron Borges after this? Pathetic.

Sullivan went very easy on him in his "explanation" about what happened; there really was no excuse for Borges being so careless and lazy.

No kidding. It almost made it sound like it would have been OK if the material he plagerized hadn't actually been published in Tacoma.

On the plus side, can you imagine how furious Borges must be at the Patriots internet fans?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back