PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is do you think he will get the ax??? Barnnicle and Smith both were cut do to what they did...do you think this will happen to him?? One alos think his past columns will be looked into...any guess as to what they will find??

Questions come up as to why the union is supporting him, quite simply is because they have to. He pays dues, he is a member and is entitled to a good defense. Underneath they may know there is no shot to overturn this suspension, but without regard have to do something for him. On the side they may tell him it is a long shot, but there could be some due process issues that were not afforded him or another technicality. If the union does not then they are subject to liability for failing to defend him.

I find Borges to be the worst of sports writers.

But, I don't see what he did as plagarism as much as laziness. Anyone who is paying attention will know that all of the NOTES writers on all of the sports are getting their info from multiple sources; all of them are just changing the words around. All of them get info from other cities that they can't possibly have sourced with a player or club official themselves.

I'm glad that notes exchange exists between writers in different cities; otherwise, the info we'd get would be much more limited. Seems like a good thing.

Borges just got lazy. The Globe is very sensitive on the topic.

What goes around...

For people who try to be controversial, so as to sell more newspapers, they have to remember that it's got to be *their* controversy they are selling!!

//

I find Borges to be the worst of sports writers.

But, I don't see what he did as plagarism as much as laziness. Anyone who is paying attention will know that all of the NOTES writers on all of the sports are getting their info from multiple sources; all of them are just changing the words around. All of them get info from other cities that they can't possibly have sourced with a player or club official themselves.

I'm glad that notes exchange exists between writers in different cities; otherwise, the info we'd get would be much more limited. Seems like a good thing.

Borges just got lazy. The Globe is very sensitive on the topic.

"Paying attention"?! Reaching such a conclusion indicates you haven't read much of this thread, and certainly not the articles in question. Borges is guilty of gross plagiarism and deserves to be fired.

"Paying attention"?! Reaching such a conclusion indicates you haven't read much of this thread, and certainly not the articles in question. Borges is guilty of gross plagiarism and deserves to be fired.

"Paying attention" as in reading sports pages for twenty years.

Read 17 pages of a thread on this topic? There are many more valuable things to do in this world. Enter a conversation mid-stream? That's sometimes worth doing.

"Paying attention" as in reading sports pages for twenty years.

Read 17 pages of a thread on this topic? There are many more valuable things to do in this world. Enter a conversation mid-stream? That's sometimes worth doing.

Sounds like someone's a little lazy.........

Sounds like someone's a little lazy.........

Or has a business to run, family to be part of, community stuff to do, workout to work in somehow, dogs to walk, home renovations to get after....

Any time I spend here is a luxury. It will always be a drive-by activity for me.

Last edited:
Or has a business to run, family to be part of, community stuff to do, workout to work in somehow, dogs to walk, home renovations to get after....

Any time I spend here is a luxury. It will always be a drive-by activity for me.

Good for you, sounds like a good, full life. But don't feel like you have to make excuses for your inattention and Borges plagiarism. I should think that it's not worthy of the little time here that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back