PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges proves to be an idiot AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only does he have control of his punts, he has control of the errant snaps that seem to come his way every game. The guy has been gold. I agree with those who say don't even read Borges. I never do and I never listen to him on the radio. Whoever employs him to comment on the Pats should be embarrassed.

It's impossible for the Herald to feel embarrassment.

Not only does he have control of his punts, he has control of the errant snaps that seem to come his way every game. The guy has been gold.

Finally! Someone who actually watches the games.
Week after week I'd posted that Z was saving the team from bad snaps. Finally BB had to act and signed a new LS. Sadly last Sunday on the XP attempt the snap was yet again a little bit high and wide, Z saved it but not quite in time to save the XP.

Week after week I'd posted that Z was saving the team from bad snaps. Finally BB had to act and signed a new LS. Sadly last Sunday on the XP attempt the snap was yet again a little bit high and wide, Z saved it but not quite in time to save the XP.

Z has a little Walter in him. Alright allot of Walter. But, the Walter years were good years....

As long as people keep giving him clicks, reading his crap, and posting about it here, this statement is entirely false.
+1. Borges and Felger stay employed be deliberately saying stupid things and then laughing themselves silly when it gets everyone all riled up.

If people really wanted him to be irrelevant or to simply go away, the only solution is to stop talking about him.

I think Zoltan Mesko's contributions are unappreciated. It is nice to have a punter that knows how to pin an opponent deep. There is nothing that irritates me more than when you are punting from the 40 and it's a touchback. And yes, I know that happened to Mesko once Sunday night, but I swear it used to happen every single fricken time last year.

Last edited:
We all know Borges loves to rip BB and the Pats but sometimes his observation reach new levels of stupidity. In this weeks report card (vs Steelers) he gave the Special Teams a C- grade with the following comment:

"Zoltan Mesko’s net punting was only 31.8 yards per attempt. Not what we’re looking for, unless we’re looking for trouble."

Patriots-Steelers Report Card - BostonHerald.com

While I think we all agree 31.8 is not a great net this is where stats lie. Mesko had 5 punts which were as follows:

1) Punted 40 yards into the end zone. TB back to the 20. Net 20 yards.
2) Punted 53 yards to the Pitt 6. Returned 12 yards. Net 41 yards.
3) Punted 30 yards to the Pitt 14. Fair Catch. Net 30 yards.
4) Punted 50 yards to the Pitt 23. Returned 10 yards. Net 40 yards.
5) Punted 28 yards to the Pitt 11. Fair Catch. Net 28 yards.

So the Pats will be in trouble if he continues to make the opponent start drives on the 20, 18, 14, 33 and 11. I watched the game and thought Mesko was great. Took me 5 whole minutes (if that) to research how good Mesko's day was. You would think that if someone PAID you to follow the Pats and write about them you would make a little effort to report accurately on how they actually played. Of course, I am talking about King DB himself.

You forgot to take into account that in those five punts, he punted from the Pit 40, NE 41, Pit 44, NE 27 and the Pit 39.

So while they weren't the worst punts, they could have been better, definitely not what I'd call a good performance, about what an average punter would do Plus kick returns were average, we missed an extra point, but we did recover two onside kicks. I don't think C- is too far off for the special teams.

You forgot to take into account that in those five punts, he punted from the Pit 40, NE 41, Pit 44, NE 27 and the Pit 39.

So while they weren't the worst punts, they could have been better, definitely not what I'd call a good performance, about what an average punter would do Plus kick returns were average, we missed an extra point, but we did recover two onside kicks. I don't think C- is too far off for the special teams.

Apparently Bogus has an account here:eek:

Who the hell is Borges?

EDIT - Oh ****, that's right, he's that guy who wrote that screed in my sig. :singing:

Last edited:

Yep he sure sucks, he should have dropped every one of them at the 1. I'd cut him.

Apparently Bogus has an account here:eek:

I'm sorry, the Pats special teams deserved an A+ for the game. Is that better?

Yep he sure sucks, he should have dropped every one of them at the 1. I'd cut him.

Is anyone saying that [edited out]? He had an average game, could have been better. We weren't asking him to boom the ball out of our own end zone, just pin the Steelers deep, and he only really did that twice. You'd think that being asked to punt three times from the Pitt side of the field, he would have been able to get one inside the 10, but he couldn't. And that's why he gets a average grade.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's going to cost us big time eventually. :(

Once again, I still have no idea why you guys listen to and read these people if they piss you off so bad. Put down the sports page in the morning and listen to music when you're in your car.

It really is that simple. I came across Felger's show a few times late this summer -- like, three times over a two-week period -- and EVERY TIME he was on a rant about the Pats' drafts. So I just promised myself I wouldn't listen to him again, adding him to my media ignore list. I've kept my pr2omise and I've managed to survive.

So while they weren't the worst punts, they could have been better, definitely not what I'd call a good performance, about what an average punter would do...

Is anyone saying that, shiit for brains? He had an average game, could have been better. We weren't asking him to boom the ball out of our own end zone, just pin the Steelers deep, and he only really did that twice. You'd think that being asked to punt three times from the Pitt side of the field, he would have been able to get one inside the 10, but he couldn't. And that's why he gets a average grade.

It should be noted that when you kick pop-up punts at Heinz Field you're basically rolling dice with the four winds. If you want to punt to a spot you've basically got to pooch it. That Mesko forced three or four fair catches between the 10 and the 20 is pretty good IMO. The one time the ball dropped inside the 10 none of our gunners got anywhere close to it, if I'm recalling the game correctly.

We all know Borges loves to rip BB and the Pats but sometimes his observation reach new levels of stupidity. In this weeks report card (vs Steelers) he gave the Special Teams a C- grade with the following comment:

"Zoltan Mesko’s net punting was only 31.8 yards per attempt. Not what we’re looking for, unless we’re looking for trouble."

Patriots-Steelers Report Card - BostonHerald.com

While I think we all agree 31.8 is not a great net this is where stats lie. Mesko had 5 punts which were as follows:

1) Punted 40 yards into the end zone. TB back to the 20. Net 20 yards.
2) Punted 53 yards to the Pitt 6. Returned 12 yards. Net 41 yards.
3) Punted 30 yards to the Pitt 14. Fair Catch. Net 30 yards.
4) Punted 50 yards to the Pitt 23. Returned 10 yards. Net 40 yards.
5) Punted 28 yards to the Pitt 11. Fair Catch. Net 28 yards.

So the Pats will be in trouble if he continues to make the opponent start drives on the 20, 18, 14, 33 and 11. I watched the game and thought Mesko was great. Took me 5 whole minutes (if that) to research how good Mesko's day was. You would think that if someone PAID you to follow the Pats and write about them you would make a little effort to report accurately on how they actually played. Of course, I am talking about King DB himself.

Out of that series, Mesko technically had only one bad punt, the first one. Although I believe that ball had a chance to be batted down within the 5 if the gunners had gotten down to it in time.

Overall Mesko is a weapon in the field position game. I still remember the day he covered for Ingrams bad snaps. His numbers may have looked bad, but there were no fumbled punts or blocked punts that day which easily could have happened because of the terrible quality of the snaps. Mesko showed me he was a good punter that day on a day where the numbers certainly didn't favor him.

Last edited:
Is anyone saying that, shiit for brains? He had an average game, could have been better. We weren't asking him to boom the ball out of our own end zone, just pin the Steelers deep, and he only really did that twice. You'd think that being asked to punt three times from the Pitt side of the field, he would have been able to get one inside the 10, but he couldn't. And that's why he gets a average grade.

Wow, not very cool to call me a name. I hope you enjoy your time away from posting.

This seems to be a recurring theme.....

If the offense didn't suck so bad all the time we wouldn't need to punt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back