PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bold words from Portis

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, i dont care and dont take offense of wut portis said...but we defenetely have more talent...

our qb is better, our recievers are way better, our O-line is better (considering WAS injuries...)...also our TE is better (talking about watson) and defenetely so is our rb...who so far has been injured, but not to portis's extent...

did i forget anything? on defense im not sure..but i would have to say there is a good chance WAS secondary can beat ours...and here im talking about Db's...

You are smoking crack if you think your RB's are better than Portis and Betts.

I've got no issue with Portis' statement.

Was he dressed like George Clinton when he said it?

george_clinton_01.jpg

What Portis said was fine with me,It was not an insult and if he truly thinks his team is better than the Patriots then good for him and confidence is a part what you need in the mix if you are going against NE,of course alot of talent wouldn't hurt either.

I think we all know who the better team is but more power to them.

Well Carter is pretty much even if not better than Seymour.... And im pretty sure ESPN advanced scouts know what they are talking about................
I truly believe that you're doing lines of crystal meth, if you believe Carter is better than Seymour.

WOW...

Portis has always been a loud mouth classless POS.

Everything he says is stupid because it reflects his self absorbed attitude on life.

Was this particular statement any dumber than anything else that comes out of his mouth? Not really. Just more of the same.

I think CP is off on the WRs being equal. And outside of QB, I think the Skins have the better talent everywhere else. But talent alone wont win games.

because, you know about the skins, and we don't know about the pats right?

Better talent?

What exactly does that mean? Talk about subjective crap.

Or how bout this. "na uh! We got better talent than you!" "we do." "We really do."

What the hell?

Tell you what, the two teams can play a game of football, and the winner can be the one who has more talent. Oh, but you have worked it in so that you have an excuse about that one right? You will lose because you are just not as talented.

Gosh, you are toooooo quick for us.

Clinton Portis:
"Talent-wise, I think we [are] the most talented team in the NFL. It's discipline. It's coming together and playing as a team," Portis said. "When it comes to talent, I think we've got more talent than anybody, including the Patriots. You look at the receiving corps they put together, I think our receiving corps is just as talented."

I don't see anything wrong with his statements
One thing that is wrong is that the Redskins WRs have not caught any touchdown passes this year. Pats 19 or so. Stats don't always tell the whole story, but it is hard to say a corps that has zero TD receptions is better than the Pats WR corps.

I'll bet the Redskins DBs right now are thinking, "Shut up, Portis, you fool, or we will tell reporters that the Pats run D sucks and Portis will run your butts ragged." :D

I think CP is off on the WRs being equal. And outside of QB, I think the Skins have the better talent everywhere else. But talent alone wont win games.

So, the Skins have better talent on their D-line?

OK, I have to bust on this Redskins fan. He takes out the time to say the scouts over at ESPN believe the Redskins D-line is better. Sorry, but if he actually looked around their database he'd know this just isn't the case.

ESPN & Scouts inc's ratings of the two D-lines (Main five):

NE:

Seymour - 90
Ty Warren - 82
Vince Wilfork - 75
Jarvis Green - 70
Mike Wright - 56

= 373 total points

Washington:

Cornelius Griffin - 74
Andre Carter - 72
Phillip Daniels - 66
Anthony Montgomery - 53
Demetric Evans - 52

= 317 total points

So, do you still want to keep believing ESPN and scouts Inc find the Redskins D-line better?

Last edited:
Using all those post game multiple personalities must have finally made him snap. I thin he is confused over which Moss they have.

portis is talented, but not smart. How many times has he been caught with a handgun?

portis is talented, but not smart. How many times has he been caught with a handgun?

Good day,

Skins fan (not sure if my sig is going to show up)

I don't think he has been caught with a handgun before, but I could be wrong. I was out of the loop for a couple of years. Anywho I just wanted to say that the reporters have been very obnoxious this week in interviews with the skins players. I saw one clip with London Fletcher where the reporter was baiting him with question after question about the mighty Patriots.

I am kind of surprised that what Portis said was so, lets say, uneventful. I don't know what a player can say if this is considered offensive or inflammatory. He is just showing confidence in his team, IMHO.

This from a guy who thinks Dog Fighting is "the same as hunting."

Clinton Portis:
"Talent-wise, I think we [are] the most talented team in the NFL. It's discipline. It's coming together and playing as a team," Portis said. "When it comes to talent, I think we've got more talent than anybody, including the Patriots. You look at the receiving corps they put together, I think our receiving corps is just as talented."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/24/AR2007102402658.html

Let's see if he feels the same way after the game.

talent-wise, i believe in cp, maybe even more talented than the pats... but as a cohesive unit, the skins are nowhere near our team...

Clinton Portis:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/24/AR2007102402658.html

Let's see if he feels the same way after the game.
Leave him alone. Portis is just frustrated because OUR offense hasn't played to the talent level of the skill players. That's just frustration coming out. Clinton talks too much for many of us in DC. Just shut up and play man.

Leave him alone. Portis is just frustrated because OUR offense hasn't played to the talent level of the skill players. That's just frustration coming out. Clinton talks too much for many of us in DC. Just shut up and play man.

Guys should be confident. With the Patriots looking for disrespect around every corner, I don't think naming them specifically was a great move, but whatever. Every team has a lot of talent.

talent-wise, i believe in cp, maybe even more talented than the pats... but as a cohesive unit, the skins are nowhere near our team...

Exactly, talent can be debated all day but the skins problem is that they don't play up to potential or as a unit on the offensive side.

I have to agree with others here Portis did not say anything that I take offense to. He thinks his teammates are talented. It is not an insult and he should not have to keep his mouth shut about it.

You people don't seem to comprehend how easy it is for the Patriots to make a chip-on-their-shoulder out of crap like this. Portis is a tool. How people AREN'T AWARE of this situation in New England is beyond me. It's ridiculous that they do, but they do, and now they will again. Like taking candy from a baby.

Well Carter is pretty much even if not better than Seymour.... And im pretty sure ESPN advanced scouts know what they are talking about................

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST GUY ON THIS THREAD SO FAR. The idea that Carter is "pretty much even if not BETTER" than Richard Seymour is so far beyond laughable I'm not really sure what else to say. Richard Seymour is a potential, even likely, HALL OF FAMER. You cannot be serious, but I know you are. And that makes me LAUGH. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents