PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden says he wants market value

Status
Not open for further replies.
figures, its almost always show me the money, i think in his case the "money" is five or six mill a year.

He was on a 1 year contract for that reason. Why do people act surprised by this?

KC will give him 7 million a year the pats wont offer more then 4 million a year

KC is building patriots south. out there with. Romeo Crennel, at DC Charlie Weis at OC i could all so see KC signing wilfork, and maybe even mankins,

Mankins is a RFA and it would not surprise me if NE tendered him at a 1st and 3rd pick for his services. KC's 1st and 3rd picks work for me.

Wilfork isnt going anywhere either. Franchise Tag or new contract.

Let KC give Bodden 7 Mil per. Hes not worth it.

Last edited:
Pay the man. Unless Butler-Wilhite sounds like a good CB pairing to you.

Wilhite is a good athlete with potential. BB likes him otherwise he wouldn't play so much.

Coach him up a little, teach him to look for the ball, get a little PASS RUSH, and I think he's oK.

Who's that Texans CB who BB was interested in when he came out. He's a young stud, from U south Carolina, forgot his name. Anyway, he is 10x better than O'Bodden and probably the same price.

DUNTA ROBINSON

HE IS THE MAN.

BYE BYE BODDEN.

Last edited:
The only way to get a good corner at reasonable pay is to draft one

and develop him like the Jets did with Revis.

Develope him? Revis was probably in the top 15 corners in the league as a rookie. Theres no development there, its pure talent.

Who said anything about that play specifically? He is an average CB, worthy of a nickel spot who was thrust into a top 1 or 2 position.

Right now, there are 96 CBs who are really starters (as the most common set in the NFL is now nickle)

An "average" CB is not a nickleback. An average cornerback is a good #2.

I think they are both talented CB's. Bodden more well rounded while Asante is a straight up game changer the way he is able to jump routes.

Asante is a game changer.

Bodden won't get you the picks Asante does, but he won't get beat as badly either. Asante will get you more picks, but you'll also see a ton more plays where he cuts off a route and gets thrown over for a huge gain.

Bodden won't get you the picks Asante does, but he won't get beat as badly either. Asante will get you more picks, but you'll also see a ton more plays where he cuts off a route and gets thrown over for a huge gain.
Samuel and Bodden probably would have been a good pair as starters. I'm comfortable with the coverage job Bodden does and that would have allowed Samuel the playmaker to create. That would be 12-15 million per for the starting corners though. Funny how things work out.

As for Hobbs, I'm basically giving up 'arguing' or expecting decent contributions from the posters who continue to undersell his talent and contribution to the Patriots.

Last edited:
It depends.

I think Samuel would be better on the team as currently constructed.

If this team ever finds a pass rush though, Bodden is the much better player.

As for Hobbs, I'm basically giving up 'arguing' or expecting decent contributions from the posters who continue to undersell his talent and contribution to the Patriots.

After watching Wilhite at CB I miss Hobbs.

It depends.

I think Samuel would be better on the team as currently constructed.

If this team ever finds a pass rush though, Bodden is the much better player.

I don't follow that logic at all. Bodden had a better year than Samuel, and Bodden is better than Samuel overall for this team.

The 4 additonal picks are not game or season changers. No way do the INTs offset Samuel's bad completion rate and big play tendencies as compared to Bodden.

The 4 additonal picks are not game or season changers. No way do the INTs offset Samuel's bad completion rate and big play tendencies as compared to Bodden.

Samuel's bad completion rate? He had like the 3rd highest stop rate for CBs in the NFL (stop rate being tackles for losses, or tackles that make a first down less likely... IE 3 yard receptions).

I think a CB who gambles is better in our defense because coverage doesn't really matter when you have 10 seconds to throw. Picks are pretty much the only way to stop drives like that.

Samuel's bad completion rate? He had like the 3rd highest stop rate for CBs in the NFL (stop rate being tackles for losses, or tackles that make a first down less likely... IE 3 yard receptions).

45 completions out of 67 times thrown at, 341 YAC and only 6 PD.

I think a CB who gambles is better in our defense because coverage doesn't really matter when you have 10 seconds to throw. Picks are pretty much the only way to stop drives like that.

Well 10 seconds is a deep exaggeration and apparently we weren't as bad as you think since Bodden was thrown at 90 times while only allowing 45 completions, and had 12 PD.

Our issue in the secondary was communication and big plays, not high completion % based on bad pass rush. And a terrible pass rush that allows "10 seconds" is not conducive to the gambles of Samuel.

Last edited:
45 completions out of 67 times thrown at, 341 YAC and only 6 PD.

Well 10 seconds is a deep exaggeration and apparently we weren't as bad as you think since Bodden was thrown at 90 times while only allowing 45 completions, and had 12 PD.

Our issue in the secondary was communication and big plays, not high completion % based on bad pass rush. And a terrible pass rush that allows "10 seconds" is not conducive to the gambles of Samuel.

Where are you getting those stats?

Thats what I thought. Their stats are pretty much junk.

THeres too many errors, and too many omissions for them to be any good. That, and their methods of determining who was targeted are ridiculous. You can't determine that without coaches film.

Well you can sit there and claim them to be "junk", or you can go ahead and take the isolated cases of Bodden/Samuel and prove them wrong. I'm not talking about their ranking system, but the peripheral numbers seem accurate. But I mean I guess we could just assume they are all lies.

I still take Bodden over Samuel, any time.

Last edited:
Well you can sit there and claim them to be "junk", or you can go ahead and take the isolated cases of Bodden/Samuel and prove them wrong. I'm not talking about their ranking system, but the peripheral numbers seem accurate. But I mean I guess we could just assume they are all lies.

I still take Bodden over Samuel, any time.

They were two different type of corners, Bodden being more of a cover corner and Asante a ball hawk. Both were effective in their respective ways. No need to split hairs. Boy, that would be a nice pairing in the patriots secondary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back