PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob McNair is not a very bright man

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what was the WORST injustice of the entire red herring was that Welles told Brady he didn't need the phone and had all the info he wanted. The entire cell phone destruction red herring was "fake news" at its worst. In fact it might have been the birth of the fake news craze.

It was because everyone in the world ripped apart the science of the Wells Report and Goodell needed a way to make Brady look guilty and turn the spotlight on him. The destruction of the cell phone, even though irrelevant, made Brady look guilty to many people who wanted him to be guilty.

It was because everyone in the world ripped apart the science of the Wells Report and Goodell needed a way to make Brady look guilty and turn the spotlight on him. The destruction of the cell phone, even though irrelevant, made Brady look guilty to many people who wanted him to be guilty.
Well, everyone in the science world that is, except Bill Nye, the Science Guy.

I think this is a good time to reiterate how disappointed we'd all be if Goodell were to suffer some sort of violence against him:rolleyes:

I know all this and agree with you but your average non new englander.. hears that he destroyed his cell phone and they automatically assume guilt.

After all this time though, why did Brady actually destroy his cell phone? Why would be admit to destroying his cell phone even though he wasn't required to hand it over in the first place?

Anyway thats why fans from other teams think thats biggest piece of evidence against Brady.

The point remains that smashing a cell phone doesn't change the laws of physics.

To be clear the Well's report was edited and framed by the NFL for public consumption. Yes, that's right, the independent report was edited by the NFL. (You can thank Judge Berman for that interesting yet unsurprising tidbit of information.)

Further, while everyone in the nation had 2 psi shoved in their heads by Ex NFL players, Mediots and a freaking infamous Tweet a few looked at the "Science" behind the "More probable than not" conclusion to learn that it wasn't 2 psi.

Wait what?

Well how much were they deflated?

Well that's interesting in two ways. One, they don't specifically state "We believe these balls were intentionally deflated by ...X amount of Psi...." anywhere in the report but they did document their bizarre testing parameters and results. And two, the only text messages used in the Wells report that state any pressures were all regarding pressures within regulation.

If you took the Well's report (the Exponent attachment) at face value (which you can't because they assume all critical factors) you would find that they insinuate that the balls were deflated by .....ready?..... not 2 psi....not 1 psi..... not 0.5 psi.... nope.....they insinuate that the balls were deflated by approximately 0.3 psi.

Yep. 0.3 psi. Wait though. How does that support the Sharp analysis and fumble rates? How does that support Brady wanted his balls "softer" so that he could grip it easier ......? It doesn't.

BTW: This was sent in an Amicus brief signed by 21 college professors of physics from all over the country and from the biggest Universities. 0 professors from any University supported the NFL's position unless you want to believe Bill Nye the Science Guy who spent his professional career competing with Elmo for airtime.

So I don't care what a dumbass fan thinks about Brady smashing his phone. They believe that means something because they wanted to believe it means something. They happily drank the sheople soup hand fed to them by Roger himself.

"Do you think Roger is a scumbag?"
"Oh, yeah he's a piece of ****"
"Do you believe Brady cheated?"
"Oh yeah Roger said so"

Who the F**K goes in a bathroom to release 0.3 psi? Nobody.

Experiment: Take a football and pump it up to 13 psi. Set the football on your desk with the pressure gauge still in it so that you can monitor the pressure readings continuously. Take out your phone and smash it on your desk while watching the gauge. Then report back here in your next post with your findings. My guess would be the pressure didn't change.

too bad there isn't an "auto-disintegration" disease Goody could come down with....

holy **** why are we still talking about it?

What I REALLY want is for some mediot to go up to McNair - and simply ask him, "Are you aware that Welles told Brady SPECIFICALLY that he didn't need any more info from his phone and it was OK with him if he desposed of it? And then if the mediot had any balls at all, he follow up the non-answer he'd get from McNair, with , " So doesn't it make you comment the other day about JJ Watt having the integrity NOT to "destroy" his phone, either completely disingenuous or just plain ignorant".

I think Matt Chatham has the balls to do it.....So would Curran, I think.

holy **** why are we still talking about it?
WHY are we still talking about it??????? Simple, if you ignore an injustice just because it becomes too hard for you to deal with, then INJUSTICE wins. Your comment speaks less about your character than those who are still pissed and refuse to "just let it go". You can join Felger, Shaunnessy, and Borges in that crowd. Not a group I'd be proud to be in, btw.

too bad there isn't an "auto-disintegration" disease Goody could come down with....

I rated this funny because there wasn't a "I pray it was so" symbol.

Might need to get this guy involved in the "correcting".....

lloyd01.jpg

grady.jpg
My fave barkeep Lloyd.

Well, everyone in the science world that is, except Bill Nye, the Science Guy.

In fairness to Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse-Tyson, those guys were commenting on the BS news story by Chris Mortensen that all the balls were at least 2 PSI under what they were when they were measured before the game. Neither have commented since. Probably because they are embarrassed to endorse junk science and BS claims.

And what was the WORST injustice of the entire red herring was that Welles told Brady he didn't need the phone and had all the info he wanted. The entire cell phone destruction red herring was "fake news" at its worst. In fact it might have been the birth of the fake news craze.

Sadly, I don't think you're far off. The NYFL through the Mort Distort was able to sway public opinion so far from the truth that the "news" mediots had to notice. Unfortunately, it seems to work.

In fairness to Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse-Tyson, those guys were commenting on the BS news story by Chris Mortensen that all the balls were at least 2 PSI under what they were when they were measured before the game. Neither have commented since. Probably because they are embarrassed to endorse junk science and BS claims.

Not quite.
NdGT forgot to use absolute pressure when doing the calculation. When you do that you get less calculated loss of psi. He later acknowledged his error to his credit. I made the same error when I made the 1st post here on Patsfans about PV=nRT, but I am not known as a science expert by the public.
Nye, he's hopeless.

WHY are we still talking about it??????? Simple, if you ignore an injustice just because it becomes too hard for you to deal with, then INJUSTICE wins. Your comment speaks less about your character than those who are still pissed and refuse to "just let it go". You can join Felger, Shaunnessy, and Borges in that crowd. Not a group I'd be proud to be in, btw.

And if you sit around like whiny babies and just complain about an injustice on the internet in an echo chamber you know what you achieve? NOTHING.

I see a lot on this forum people trashing Kaepernick for taking a knee during the anthem, and i agree that his CHOICE of protest was stupid, but at least he DID something. How about you all set up a meet and greet at the NFL office, with signs and **** and actually DO something about the unjustice instead of just rehashing the same **** we all KNOW was ********.

It was a Montreal screw job, I know it, you all know it. So are you all going to continue to sit in the past and ***** and complain, or are you going to do something about it? Evict Goodell from your heads, because he's been living there rent free for two years, and enjoy the fact that the patriots not only overcame his punishments(all of which were ********) and are the favorite to win it all AGAIN this year.

And if you sit around like whiny babies and just complain about an injustice on the internet in an echo chamber you know what you achieve? NOTHING.

I see a lot on this forum people trashing Kaepernick for taking a knee during the anthem, and i agree that his CHOICE of protest was stupid, but at least he DID something. How about you all set up a meet and greet at the NFL office, with signs and **** and actually DO something about the unjustice instead of just rehashing the same **** we all KNOW was ********.

It was a Montreal screw job, I know it, you all know it. So are you all going to continue to sit in the past and ***** and complain, or are you going to do something about it? Evict Goodell from your heads, because he's been living there rent free for two years, and enjoy the fact that the patriots not only overcame his punishments(all of which were ********) and are the favorite to win it all AGAIN this year.
Who said anything about Kapernick. I had no problem at all with his act of protest. The cause was just, the execution could have been much more effective and uniting if done in another manner. But that is just just an opinion. It was HIS protest and he had the right to do it any way he wished as long as he was willing to deal with the consequences.

My main point was that deflategate was an injustice that shouldn't just whither and die just because its become "incovenient" or tiresome. At every opportunity Goodell and disingenuous DB's, like McNair, should be held to account on public record. It's not about "letting go". That's what the lazy say.

Btw = what is a montreal screw job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe