PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fan here... Looking forward to game one

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Which one, JI? The Skank musta have stolen my idea and used it on the other boards, since I came up with the idea for the tattoo, being the most permanent punishment I could think of for her silly arogance. :D

Now I feel cheap and used.

:(
TheGangGreen. JI has lost its soul.

Buffalo boards have some good drama. If you REALLY want a story, ask BFLOfan about the adult home video that circulated the Bills community a couple years ago. Turned out that it was some poster's wife. With. . umm. . .another poster's wife. Things get interesting up there in Canada-lite.

BFLOfan said:
Now to week one... Losman has looked good in preseason... McGahee better be improved after losing weight or you guys will crush us with nickle packages all day. I get crucified on my board for criticizing WM as if this guy is a godor something. I'd rather have Maroney... AND I do in fantasy forlater in the season.

Donahoe screwed you guys badly.

You had Travis Henry, spent a #1 on McGahee
Spent a #1 on Bledsoe, then spent a #1 on Losman. And this year Whitner and McCargo? :eek:

I live in Buffalo, though I'm originally from New England. I don't want to see you guys getting hit this badly year after year but you're just not bringing in any talent, and sooner or later, the fans wills top showing up at the stadium. It's been a decade already. I'd rather see you guys finish second than the Phins or Jets.

scout said:
Whats your take on Jonathan Smith? Why did the Bills cut him?

Your gonna like Fast Freddie - especially on punt returns, He was our best punt returner and always a threat to run one back, I don't know what your PR situation is. But our WRs were very deep. and Roscco Parish cna ruturn punts as well so I think it was a numbers game. I wish we could have kept him but we are rebuilding and have a bunch of youth.

Thisis my first post on your board - nice site you run here.

Hope we can give you a game.

upstater1 said:

Spent a #1 on Bledsoe, then spent a #1 on Losman. And this year Whitner and McCargo? :eek:

I live in Buffalo, though I'm originally from New England. I don't want to see you guys getting hit this badly year after year but you're just not bringing in any talent, and sooner or later, the fans wills top showing up at the stadium. It's been a decade already. I'd rather see you guys finish second than the Phins or Jets.
Macargo and Whitner will be fine for a long time. I'm not at all a McGahhe fan. Riverdancing at the point of contact without Irish music is not entertaining.

BFLOfan said:
Macargo and Whitner will be fine for a long time. I'm not at all a McGahhe fan. Riverdancing at the point of contact without Irish music is not entertaining.

I have nothing against the players in particular. I just don't know why Levy looked down his nose at an extra 2nd rounder when he could have had him at 18. And McCargo? Just stay where you are in the 2nd and pick him up.

I'll be wrong if Whitner makes a Pro Bowl, but that's mighty high for a starting safety especially when you have some big uglies who can fill your need postions at OL and Dl ready to be taken.

upstater1 said:
I have nothing against the players in particular. I just don't know why Levy looked down his nose at an extra 2nd rounder when he could have had him at 18. And McCargo? Just stay where you are in the 2nd and pick him up.

I'll be wrong if Whitner makes a Pro Bowl, but that's mighty high for a starting safety especially when you have some big uglies who can fill your need postions at OL and Dl ready to be taken.
I just found it interesting that the Bills didn't take a senior until round 5... I believe.

Old_Bills_Fan said:
Your gonna like Fast Freddie - especially on punt returns, He was our best punt returner and always a threat to run one back, I don't know what your PR situation is. But our WRs were very deep. and Roscco Parish cna ruturn punts as well so I think it was a numbers game. I wish we could have kept him but we are rebuilding and have a bunch of youth.

Thisis my first post on your board - nice site you run here.

Hope we can give you a game.

Thanks, I was going to ask you about him. Seems like a very versatile player.

Everybody's heartbroken about Childress, but it's about winning games.

If this J. Smith isn't an axe murderer, I'm very impressed with his potential.

upstater1 said:

I actually think Marv and Jauron have a strategy that might work over the next 2-3 years and last for a while.

Looking backover the offseason I see a real philosophy as to how the Bills Management is rebuilding this franchise. and is trgeting theis team to start peaking in 2 years and hopefully make a long term run of being good again.

1) Get younger players with upside potential across the team. And yes the cheaper price tag was part of the reality needed for a smaller team.

2)They got rid of several veterans that were past there prime. There were probably more they could have gotten rid of but they didn't want to lose to much experience to teach the younger players. The verterans had to demostrate a strong willingness to focus on game preperation - this is a big philosophy requirement of Marv Levy.

3) Bring in young FA with Potential that are looking for starting opportunities. The Bills signed the third most FAs of any tema in the NFL this offseason (I believe it was 11 FAs). If three of these signings grow into good starting players they were good pickups.

4) Draft: While there has been much speculation about whether the Bills drafted well, I think there was a plan. We drafted several underclassman. Even a Sophomore in Ko. Most draft experts thought that if these players stayed in school they had a great chance of being first round picks if not one of the Top players in their position. So over the next season they will continue to get better, but now playing under a Pro system. If lucky we may have gotten three or four first round talent in this years draft. It will take a season or two to develop.

5) If the Bills continue the plan with young FA accusitions with potential again next year and pickup a few more starte caliber players again that could give the Bills upto a total of 10 new league calibre starters on the roster by the end of next season. (3 FAs from this years off season, 3-4 draft picks from this past draft, 3 FAs in next off season, 1-2 players from next years draft). This builds a significant foundation for a run at something special.

6) Then the Bills can make the Premier FA aquisition to fill in any remaining hole.

Thats the plan as I see it. My main concern is of-course QB. It was tough to see the Top QB passed on in this draft. But obviously they felt they had to see if JP has the right stuff. I hope the JP can improve quick enough to take this team into the playoffs in the seasons ahead.

The future is so bright I gotta wear shades.

This is a huge difference from what the previous Bills management would have done this past offseason.

There - have I convinced youall to be Bills Fans?

Last edited:
Well Donohoe was a fraud, so that's addition by subtraction.

So do you think J. Smith can be a receiver in this league? We have a need, in case you haven't heard.:D

RayClay said:
Well Donohoe was a fraud, so that's addition by subtraction.

So do you think J. Smith can be a receiver in this league? We have a need, in case you haven't heard.:D

Teach Brady to punt the ball to him and you are in business...

Old_Bills_Fan said:
Teach Brady to punt the ball to him and you are in business...

Actually Brady was quite succesful punting. No return, though.:D

I'm just thinking someone with a 174 receptions in college might be able to catch a ball given a chance.

Oh well, I asked.

RayClay said:
Actually Brady was quite succesful punting. No return, though.:D

I'm just thinking someone with a 174 receptions in college might be able to catch a ball given a chance.

Oh well, I asked.

Fast Freddie's best skill is punt returning. He is an average possession type receiver. Not afraid of over the middle catches and can make the first guy miss. He does not have the speed to out run DBs though. I think he is a good pickup, I liked him on the Bills. He just got caught in anumbers game and wasn't eligible for the practice squad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST