PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill i know you're not reading this, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, a whole nuther week of this.:(

The O-line is still injured, not having your starting left tackle is big and whether guys are playing or not, there are injuries effecting their play. It's not an excuse but a reality.

Second, Brady is incredibly accurate and makes perfect reads in the quick-pass offense. He's not terribly accurate on the deep ball. Randy Mosses don't grow on trees, and the margin for error on those deep passes is far greater when a GOAT wide receiver isn't down-field out-jumping the coverage. They've tailored the offense, rightly, around Brady, quick passes and Gronk's abilities in blocking and receiving. Their quick-strike receivers--Edelman and Lewis--are hurt. Their GOAT tight end is hurt. Brady is throwing to backups of backups. If they get a 1st round, stretch receiver and he gets hurt then what do you do?

No, this is a team battling through key injuries that completely neuters the Patriots offense. And this is a team that uncharacteristically had awful special teams plays two weeks in a row. This is not a 'personnel' problem, this is an injury and execution issue.

All i will say to everyone is just take a moment and imagine how brutal and dynamic this offense would be if you add just 1 guy with legit downfield speed? I mean you already have Gronk and Edelman just think about how unstoppable this team would be when you consider this great Defense we have too.

Right now we are asking for too much from Jules and Gronk and it will inevitably end with them getting badly hurt because being targeted enough times means sooner or later you get injured by the opposition.

Bill i know you're not reading this, but....

CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE just go out there and get a big, fast receiver that can stretch the field and knows how to catch the ball? I mean how many more years do we have to watch scrubs like Martin, Harper etc. pretend to be deep play guys? I don't care whether you have to draft them or bring them in through FA but next season i don't want to see Dolphins practice squad players being our main threat deep down field.

Oh and also if you are going to waste high draft picks on the o-line every single year, do you think it would be possible that they actually do their main job and PROTECT Brady? I'm not sure he ever completes a pass without getting absolutely destroyed. I know the perception is that he's a superhero but go out there and take those hits yourself if you think he can take it over and over.
Umm you didn't see him with the blue tablet on the sidelines today? Clearly he was reading the game day thread. I even saw Brady on the tablet checking out our posts after his second interception.

All i will say to everyone is just take a moment and imagine how brutal and dynamic this offense would be if you add just 1 guy with legit downfield speed? I mean you already have Gronk and Edelman just think about how unstoppable this team would be when you consider this great Defense we have too.

Right now we are asking for too much from Jules and Gronk and it will inevitably end with them getting badly hurt because being targeted enough times means sooner or later you get injured by the opposition.
Well those dynamic Randy Moss types aren't usually acquirable in week 13 of the regular season, so unless you want to give up on 2015-16 and just plan for 2016-17 this is basically a moot point.

Well those dynamic Randy Moss types aren't usually acquirable in week 13 of the regular season, so unless you want to give up on 2015-16 and just plan for 2016-17 this is basically a moot point.
Read my post and then you'd know i was talking about next year.

But you know it's the truth so how can you say that?

Because it's not the truth. This same offense won the Super Bowl last year. Literally. It sounds like you were born after February 1, 2015 so it's understandable that you don't realize that. But seriously, look it up, it's the truth.

Im personally fine with our receivers...

Id like to see a serious upgrade at RB.

Im personally fine with our receivers...

Id like to see a serious upgrade at RB.
That is another HUGE need but it's not more important than getting the main man in NE a type of player he hasn't had in YEARS

We cannot develop good receivers. The only way to get an established one, which the team cannot afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calvin Johnsons, Julio Jones, and Odell Beckham Jrs don't grow on trees; and they aren't always worth the salary cap and ego issues. We could have had Dez Bryant but I'm happier with Devin McCourty. I'm also happier with Nate Solder and our trade back linemen.

If we get another steal like Rob Gronkowski -- great. I don't see that happening though, and big name WRs don't stay on the free market very long.

Even with this loss tonight I believe we clinched a playoff spot, at least the 2nd wildcard spot because of our win over the Steelers.
We have it because cinci plays Denver so one has a loss, a tie would be even better

Read my post and then you'd know i was talking about next year.
I think they'd like to add some speed to this offense. The reality is this team has had significant injuries at the WR position since the preseason. Gibson and Wayne didn't even make it through the preseason, during the season Edelman, Amendola, LaFell, and Martin have all missed time.

You want to be sick.....

Watch the Steelers at 8:30. They have 4 guys that can burn down the field.

• Winner
Reactions: TBR
I'd love a big elite WR, but at the same time, you gotta ask yourself, what are they really worth?

Calvin Johnson has only made the playoffs twice in his career, going 0-2.

Andre Johnson has only made the playoffs twice as well, going 2-2.

Larry Fitzgerald has only gone 3 times in 11 years, 1 Super Bowl appearance.

Moss went 7 times in 15 seasons, although 2 of those seasons were with the Patriots and 1 was as a bench warmer with the 49ers. He never won more than 2 games in the playoffs until he joined the Patriots.

Teams win championships without spending a lot on WRs or without HOF-prototypical WRs. The Seahawks had a very pedestrian group. The Ravens won with Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, and not much else. The Giants didn't have anyone fitting that bill. Ditto the Packers and Saints and Steelers.

I don't want to copy the Texans and Lions and Falcons. I think we're doing just fine doing it our way. Martin dropped the ball today, but as our usual #4 WR and #6 target in the passing game, I think he's just fine and probably over-performed compared to most team's #6 targets.

Let's not over-react over one ****ing drop.

Because it's not the truth. This same offense won the Super Bowl last year. Literally. It sounds like you were born after February 1, 2015 so it's understandable that you don't realize that. But seriously, look it up, it's the truth.
I don't want to sound arrogant but that SB would have almost a cakewalk with a receiver in our offense that could go deep and get it. Brady had to be damn near perfect (and he was) for us to win. That is my gripe, is that we are asking a guy who deserves the best treatment to do too much, too often.

Fair point but tell me when all those stud receivers were being taken in Odell's draft class, why was Bill not even looking at them? I'm sorry but the only answer i can think of that he has been spoiled by Brady's greatness and thinks he can get away by just having him throw to short guys and reckons we'll always be alright so long as we have #12. It's not acceptable in my opinion to expect Tom to be perfect nearly every week. Gronk is the only guy that gives Tom elite level receiving. So is Edelman but he's an underneath receiver.

Agreed......something isn't right when your TE is the deep threat

You want to be sick.....

Watch the Steelers at 8:30. They have 4 guys that can burn down the field.
Yeah but Big Ben is likely to get carted off this week with what he makes appear to be a catastrophic injury but ends up being a minor injury.

I'd love a big elite WR, but at the same time, you gotta ask yourself, what are they really worth?

Calvin Johnson has only made the playoffs twice in his career, going 0-2.

Andre Johnson has only made the playoffs twice as well, going 2-2.

Larry Fitzgerald has only gone 3 times in 11 years, 1 Super Bowl appearance.

Moss went 7 times in 15 seasons, although 2 of those seasons were with the Patriots and 1 was as a bench warmer with the 49ers. He never won more than 2 games in the playoffs until he joined the Patriots.

Teams win championships without spending a lot on WRs or without HOF-prototypical WRs. The Seahawks had a very pedestrian group. The Ravens won with Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, and not much else. The Giants didn't have anyone fitting that bill. Ditto the Packers and Saints and Steelers.

I don't want to copy the Texans and Lions and Falcons. I think we're doing just fine doing it our way. Martin dropped the ball today, but as our usual #4 WR and #6 target in the passing game, I think he's just fine and probably over-performed compared to most team's #6 targets.

Let's not over-react over one ****ing drop.
All those receivers have had to suffer on horrificly bad teams with some garbage QB's throughout their careers. We're talking about coming to New England to play for the Patriots and have Brady throw you the ball. It's a whole different ball game if you look at it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST