Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill Belichick angry after the Posey TD

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thenepatsrule, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

What he said ....
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

Only it wasn't f'n B.S. That was a touchdown. Secured the ball before going out of bounds.
  4. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That was nothing compared to my reaction.
  5. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Why is there a GIF of a drunken, homeless man cussing in this thread?
  6. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wish i could post gifs from gals gone wi*d my friend :rofl:
  7. Wax Frog

Wax Frog Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

"It ISSS.. what it ISSSS!" ;)
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  8. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Was that the Posey TD or the Foster "TD" ? Because that had me B@€® ing.:mad:
  9. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Posey TD...
  10. SacPete1

SacPete1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought the question of posession is supposed to be reviewed in real time. The replay in slow mo clearly shows that he has the ball while he is still in bounds but he is quickly out of bounds so its ultimately a judgement call but posession isn't defined as having the ball in your hands while in bounds. I think this issue came up in another game this year on whether a receiver had posession and an ensuing fumble or if it was an incomplete pass. They reviewed it and determined he had possession but the next day the nfl stated that the question of posession should have been reviewed in real-time. I could be mistaken about this but I was also yelling after that ruling thinking it was a mistake.
  11. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Maybe he was cranked at Dennard.
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

The reason I was upset is the Texans' RT grabbed Francis and threw him down, a blatant hold - although hold doesn't do a takedown justice. The TD should have been a 10 yard penalty.
  13. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Funny you say that because when I initially saw it I kind of had a feeling that he really didn't make much of an attempt to play the ball, but when the replay angle surfaced it was clear that there probably wasn't much that he could've done there.

I can take CB's losing battles that way, as all CB's do at times. What I can't take is seeing glaring assignment mistakes, or some of the poor CB/S play that we've seen earlier in the year.
  14. TinhWoodhead

TinhWoodhead Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he's mad that they're 0-2 on challenges and texans were 1-0 more than anything.
  15. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

Too bad they didn't have a shot of him when they didn't overturn that 4th down that Foster didn't get. I think he said some things that were ever choicer!!
  16. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

The swearing I did at that moment was in response to the refs finally getting a close call right, on about the fourth try.
  17. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Worst officiating I have seen since the replacement officials.

Hopefully next week is better.
  18. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Great point and my feeling exactly. Slow motion sometimes smooths things out so that juggling or other ball movement are possibly hidden, maybe because of loss of frames. Slomo "forgives" a lot of things. That was the case on the Posey (hate that he has that name because of James and Buster) TD. In real time the ball was still moving when he slid out of bounds.
  19. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

True

BB didn't have our big screen HDTV slo-mo replay view of Posey securing the ball 200 milliseconds before touching the stripe

Residual anger at previously blown officiating calls
  20. PlainOldEd

PlainOldEd Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He should have said that when the fumble was taken away because 'forward progress was stopped'. :mad:
  21. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

With the way the refs were calling the game, I can bet that if it was our player who caught that pass, they would have not reversed the call, he will have come back and announced, the ruling stands.
  22. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -1

My problem with this call, at the stadium, was the ref never went beyond possession to see if it was maintained. Looked like the ball may have still been moving and he never went beyond the point of apparent control to see if he held it.
    The inconclusive call on Fosters TD was lame, and BB was real angry at that one.
  23. JFK

JFK Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That was a TD. NFL has strange rules though. If he lost possession once he went out of bounds, it won't have been ruled a TD. Should what happens out of bounds matter?
  24. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Gawd, was that an awful call. Imagine instead, that runner had shucked off the tackle and run for a touchdown, then been called back. think Houston would have been pissed?

One man tackle and grab at the same time. took a second to pop it out, but I've never seen that called like that. Always when he's stood up and gang tackled.
  25. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -1

It matters if it is completing the catch. Not completing control is the same as bobbling it.
  26. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -1

The shocking part was that 22 players were fighting for the ball, but somehow it didn't matter because the whistle blew, thereby stopping the players from trying to recover...............
  27. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -2

Obviously you haven't seen the hold around the neck from behind right in front of the ref that went uncalled on that play...without that "100% MUST CALL IT" hold, that pass never gets delivered because Ninko sacks him.

and besides that, what you SEE frozen in a pic is a split millisecond of possession before the WR DOES go out of bounds. They made how many "not enough evidence to overturn" calls against the Pats yesterday?? and THAT one was a CLEAR catch?...in real time?...to be overturned using real time frame of reference? bullshyt....period. The entire friggin' play was a ruse.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ment.php?attachmentid=4912&stc=1&d=1358226063

as anyone with a set of working eyes can see..in this freeze frame of that TD play, the red outlined figures are the Houston O lineman on top of from behind on Ninkovich in 100% illegal takedown.Play should have been flagged immediately.No touchdown.Period. Go look at it frame by frame on You Tube.

Look at the ref in the lower left hand corner looking directly at it...look at the ref in the upper right hand corner...looking right at it...c'mon...I get the whole "oh you homers see what you want" line of attack that's always used...well...go ahead and argue THAT isn't an illegal holding penalty, a blatant takedown from behind...go to the you tube and play it forward frame by frame to actually SEE the entire 1.5 seconds before he throws the pass...blatant...uncalled...that TD should have NEVER counted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  28. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -1

#50 Jersey

Actually, it wasn't a TD, though the reason had nothing to do with Posey. On that play,Ninkovich was taken to the ground and prevented from getting back up. That is textbook holding. Yet the idiot crew didn't call it. That is what BB was pissed about.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  29. markd

markd Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yup, that was one of the more egregious holds. Although not the only one that didn't get a flag.
  30. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chandler Jones was the recipient of a blatant chokehold on at least a third of his snaps. It was driving me insane.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.