PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill’s first offer…

I was told the job was already agreed to with Belichick more than a week ago. I posted that here in this thread when I found out. Immediate family member who has been in a suite at Falcons games w/ one of their biggest donor/clients. That's how my family member learned that.
Upstater1 and his family. LMAO

20220909_184408.jpg

When are you guys going to stop listening to this fool? He's been wrong about everything. What a clown show.

I don't see a single team that is looking for a HC, not considering BB as their primary target. Also teams who are debating changing HCs will probably look into BB possibility too.

I'm pretty sure there's no team in the league that would prefer someone else above BB, it would make no sense

I disagree. There's team culture to consider, existing employees, fan base, etc. No different than Patriots trying to bring in a new HC. Do you blow everything up and start from scratch for a 72 yo HC to get 2-3 years out of him? I'm thinking 2 to 3 teams at most will consider him. Some have already discounted him.

Yup, what I said. He may end up like Tom with just 2 offers.

I think he ends up in a network myself.

Has anyone seen Andy?

Now that BB probably has some free time hope he gets started on his book. I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about a lot of things.

Has anyone seen Andy?
BB is still looking casually I might add.
Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

I hope Bill lands a job. Andy Reid isn't far behind and is 6 years younger. Chiefs will probably average 10-11 wins the next 5 years - Andy is going to overtake Bill at that rate unless Bill starts stacking up some wins as well.

This goes to show you how Bill had the entire NE fan base completely mesmerized, while the rest of the league/country viewed him differently. His former players are all at a loss over Bill being unemployed. Team Bill remains stupefied. Thank God Kraft had the balls to relieve us of this nightmare.

Is No One Going to Hire Bill Belichick?

Looks like no coaching job for Bill this year???

It's more that he probably wants the right situation for himself, a situation where he isn't overruled by anyone except the owner. The way the NFL has evolved, as opposed to 20 years ago, this might be an impossible ask.

My guess is that he doesn't mind taking one or more season off.

A year in retirement and he likely won't want to come back.

It's more that he probably wants the right situation for himself, a situation where he isn't overruled by anyone except the owner. The way the NFL has evolved, as opposed to 20 years ago, this might be an impossible ask.

My guess is that he doesn't mind taking one or more season off.
At his age, he doesn't have the luxury of taking one or two seasons off (don't mean financially). Every one of the younger candidates that missed out this cycle will be in a better position of being a top candidate next season.

They need to do due diligence. Head coach is a huge position to fill. Even if Bill is their #1 candidate they should at least check all the bushes and under all the rocks. Always have a plan B in case BB either isn't happy with them or makes too many demands they don't want to fulfill.

It looks like this comment was prophetic in nature. BB made too many demands for control and the Falcons went with their Plan B for head coach instead.

That's one of the best Belichick impersonations I've ever heard and it was hilarious! :haha:
There used to be a guy that called WEEI and impersonated Francona back when they were winning and that was hilarious too.

Is No One Going to Hire Bill Belichick?

Looks like no coaching job for Bill this year???

I think BB's run as a HC is over. But I'm 100% behind this idea. I'd tune in to hear two legendary X's and O's minds in the game discuss a high profile game in realtime. Maybe have Brady appear once in a while.

Sounds way more compelling than FiveheadCast.

Seattle picks MacDonald as HC. Only WAS left.

SEA from 72 to 36.
NEP from 71 to 37.

I see a trend.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick