PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Vince confident he will remain a Patriot a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Progress with Wilfork Talks

Ian's Daily Blog - It appears there is good news on the Vince Wilfork front.According to the Boston Herald the Patriots defensive lineman’s contract talks are going well enough to the point that he believes he’ll be a Patriot for years to come.“I believe it’ll work out. I’m just going to let it run its course and play out,” [...]

Re: Big Vince confident he will remain a Patriots a long time

Seymour might be the most underappreciate patriot by fans on this website.

I don't get it either. Maybe because people expect sacks out of him. What I see is a guy that is constantly getting double teamed is still strong at the point of attack. People will only understand what Seymour is worth when he leaves the team......

I don't get it either. Maybe because people expect sacks out of him. What I see is a guy that is constantly getting double teamed is still strong at the point of attack. People will only understand what Seymour is worth when he leaves the team......

A lot of people, especially non-athletes, also don't understand the impact an injury can have on a player, so they jump to the 'effort' argument.

Which is even odder as he led the team in sacks last year. Some people have just decided he's lazy, and greedy, and evidence be damned.

Agreed. Some of the comments about him are pretty ******ed.

I just don't get where people are getting the idea that Seymour isn't important! I think mostly people think that if they had to choose between Wilfork, and Seymour, they would pick Wilfork.

Agreed. Some of the comments about him are pretty ******ed.

Agreed with all of the above. It's really annoying to see posts like the one below.

Good riddance watson and seymour

Unlike some people, I don't feel Seymour is done, and would like to see him stay in a Pats uniform. BUT, if i had to choose between them, I want Vince. He is the core of the engine. I just wish they would leave him in more.

Exactly this. If Seymour leaves, it will leave a *significant* hole in our D, and I'm not sure how Belichick will fill it. If you have to choose between Vince and Seymour, though, then you gotta go with Vince.

This is great news; I understand the realities of the situation, but I do love hearing Wilfork talk about spending his entire career as a Patriot.

I can't figure out for the life of me why people get down on Seymour. The guy is a warrior, one of if not the best 3-4 DEs in the league, and 1/3 of the best d-line in the league.

Of course, I do agree that Wilfork is more valuable to the team - NTs are harder to find. But still, how can anyone argue that Seymour isn't one of the most valuable assets this team has?

I think the Seymour vs. Wilfork (who's better, etc) debate is 50/50 even. I think they both provide valuable assets for the particular scheme and defense. I am one of the few however, who thinks Wilfork would be harder to replace, they both would leave major holes--but I think they're almost exactly equal, in terms of importance to our team. I really hope they are somehow able to keep both.

I am glad to hear that talks are going well with Vince, I hope Belichick has a plan to keep Big Sey too though.

Seymour was 1 holding non-call away from making the biggest sack in franchise history... :mad:

That being said, I'm very happy to hear Vince saying "all the right things" at this stage in the game. Hopefully this doesn't end up on the other side of the spectrum with him leaving after feeling disrespected (though I doubt we'll hear about how he needs to feed his family).

Not to rain on the parade of anyone who's bouyed by this statement - but if I'm Wilfork's agent I tell him to make exactly this type of statement... then, if and when the team isn't moving as quickly or lucratively as Wilfork and his agent desire, I add a new comment that "gee, I want to stay here but the team isn't being fair"....

Then things can really begin to break down in the negotiations...

In other words folks, this is re-signing posturing 101.

Peppers couldn't carry Seymour's jockstrap. Don't make me laugh!

Someone asked a question. I pointed him to a place that he could find the answer. I've stated time and again that I'd take Seymour over Peppers. That was not the point of my response.

Not to rain on the parade of anyone who's bouyed by this statement - but if I'm Wilfork's agent I tell him to make exactly this type of statement... then, if and when the team isn't moving as quickly or lucratively as Wilfork and his agent desire, I add a new comment that "gee, I want to stay here but the team isn't being fair"....

Then things can really begin to break down in the negotiations...

In other words folks, this is re-signing posturing 101.

Way to spoil our FUN Joe! Ok so you have a point, but don't spoil our good mood today. The draft is sure to spoil it soon enough. Just as soon as BB trades the KC pick for a 1 next year, and this whole board goes crazy :D

Can you seriously imagine the Pats not re-signing Wilfork? Letting Wilfork walk might be one the dumbest moves in franchise history. Get a grip people, a deal will be worked out.

Can you seriously imagine the Pats not re-signing Wilfork? Letting Wilfork walk might be one the dumbest moves in franchise history. Get a grip people, a deal will be worked out.
I think it's headed in that direction..the neysayers are probably Red Sox fans at heart and THAT explains their dooms day thoughts. On a sunny day they will worry about a small cloud of rain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News