PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben accused of sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Big Ben Accused of Sexual Assault

Well, ESPN has apparently decided that AP is worth printing, since they've skipped right over reporting the initial case to report "No criminal look at Roethlisberger allegations" on the front page.

ESPN is demonstrating how shameless they are when they ignore or twist the news for players they have a strategic interest not to make look bad. If Belichick was in this situation, I am sure the headline would be "Belichick accused of rape" and there would be multiple reports with negative headlines.

Yes, but he'd probably have to acknowledge that - at the very least - there was a sexual relationship between the two of them, so, like other athletes, he'll deny & fight it for as long as he can, rather than go on the offensive.

There's also the possibility that she's telling the truth. I would tend to give most people in Big Ben's situation the benefit of the doubt - the average person, has many times, tried to take advantage of an athlete. However, we've also seen how athletes take advantage of the average person, most particularly when it comes to a male athlete and a female, and most specifically, in regards to sex. Roethlisberger seems like a complete sleazebag, so I wouldn't put her story out of the realm of possibilities.

I'm not sure how he seems like a complete Sleezebag prior to these allegations exactly. I mean, there are some internet pics of him drinking out on the town his rookie year, sure. Some fat chick Steeler photo that is associated with pretty much any Steelers Google Search, but He does donate money to ever visiting city's police force for police dogs, and participates in lots of charities, not sure where the "sleazebag" comes from. Cause he's goofy looking?

Big Ben should counter-sue for defamation if he's sure the charges are false.

Is there a lawyer here who could weigh in on this?

Wouldn't a countersuit create the possibility of discovery with respect to almost every aspect of BR's personal life? And toward what end? The plaintiff likely has little in the way of assets. Huge downside for Ben with little upside.

I'm not sure how he seems like a complete Sleezebag prior to these allegations exactly. I mean, there are some internet pics of him drinking out on the town his rookie year, sure. Some fat chick Steeler photo that is associated with pretty much any Steelers Google Search, but He does donate money to ever visiting city's police force for police dogs, and participates in lots of charities, not sure where the "sleazebag" comes from. Cause he's goofy looking?

I know some people who went to college with him, he sounded like a pretty typical d-bag.

Were those people that went to college with him on the football team as well where they had daily interaction with him? Or were they just people on campus that thought he was a diiick? Just saying. I've heard the "know people that went to college with him and they say he was a diccck" yet have never actually read an arcticle, or blog, or post, from any of those actual people coming out saying "this is me, My name is John Doe, I was in his Underwater Weaving Class, sat right behind him for a semester and Ben, is a Diiiick." He seems to have been labelled a "dooosh" by the "people who went to college with him" yet I never hear from those people.

Were those people that went to college with him on the football team as well where they had daily interaction with him? Or were they just people on campus that thought he was a diiick? Just saying. I've heard the "know people that went to college with him and they say he was a diccck" yet have never actually read an arcticle, or blog, or post, from any of those actual people coming out saying "this is me, My name is John Doe, I was in his Underwater Weaving Class, sat right behind him for a semester and Ben, is a Diiiick." He seems to have been labelled a "dooosh" by the "people who went to college with him" yet I never hear from those people.

You don't need to be on the same athletic team as a player to know if he's an ass.

No, there was direct interaction with him. Miami of O is a college town, its pretty isolated, not only did people meet him in the bars, one girl "worked" on a project with him. I put "worked" in quotes b/c I guess Ben thought he shouldn't have to take part given his status, and was a bit of a douche about it. I know that isn't shocking stuff for an athlete of any kind, but I doubt who meets Brady is ever going to accuse him of being sexist, someone who parties too much, or stuck-up, for instance.

On a semi-related note, BSPN is now going at it with the New York Post in a battle over journalistic ethics:

IF you were EVER unclear on the definition of IRONY.....this it IT! ;)

Last edited:

There has been rumors for years that he isn't exactly all that popular with his teammates and have had a huge ego problem. Yes, there has not been any substantiated information, but this type of stuff is never substantiated true or not.

You don't need to be on the same athletic team as a player to know if he's an ass.

No, but its just as easy for a person to be sitting in the lounge, he walks in, another person whispers, "I hear he's an arsehole" and then that is how he's known. Just saying is all. If he's a an arse, then he is, I've never met the guy so I can't really say. In interviews I've heard he doesn't seem to come across like a jerk, like some athletes do. However I never met Terry Bradshaw either, but don't think he's an ass. I never met Franco Harris, but I hear, he's kind of an ass. (then again Franco went to PSU so I'm not surprised). I met Curtis Martin and he was really cool, very laid back, easy to talk with. Tony Dorsett, very easy going as well. But that was after his playing career. Never met Dan Marino but I hear he's a total ass.

Reputations are what they are, I just find it odd that Ben has one of being a stuck up prick and I don't seem to see that from him at all.

There has been rumors for years that he isn't exactly all that popular with his teammates and have had a huge ego problem. Yes, there has not been any substantiated information, but this type of stuff is never substantiated true or not.

I know early on he and Hines butted heads. But they seem pretty well off now. Guess we'll wait and see when Hines retires if he writes a book like Bettis did.

Reputations are what they are, I just find it odd that Ben has one of being a stuck up prick and I don't seem to see that from him at all.

That's fine, you don't have to believe me - and anyone can be a **** at any given time, thus a few interactions with a guy in school and in a bar cannot be taken as a true indication of his character. However, its also consistent with his general reputation and how he presents himself off the field, thus I'm willing to buy it.

That's fine, you don't have to believe me - and anyone can be a **** at any given time, thus a few interactions with a guy in school and in a bar cannot be taken as a true indication of his character. However, its also consistent with his general reputation and how he presents himself off the field, thus I'm willing to buy it.

Its cool. I'm sure if we met in person you'd think I was **** at first. I make horrible first impressions. But most people turn out liking me after they get to know me and hang out a few times.

As for this case, If he settles, it'll make me sick because thats almost an admission of guilt. I hope she ends up dropping the charges and maybe even gets counter sued. That would be the best situation for him personally and for the team's reputation.

Its cool. I'm sure if we met in person you'd think I was **** at first. I make horrible first impressions. But most people turn out liking me after they get to know me and hang out a few times.

As for this case, If he settles, it'll make me sick because thats almost an admission of guilt. I hope she ends up dropping the charges and maybe even gets counter sued. That would be the best situation for him personally and for the team's reputation.

Right, which is why I said if Roethlisberger didn't already have a reputation that coincides with the reputation I've heard first-hand, I would just dismiss it. Again, you can't really judge someone based on a few meetings, I'm just sharing my .02 cents.

My daughter works at a five diamond golf hotel in the summers and ben played in a golf tourney in june there and he was the talk of the resort of how he picked up trashy women and brought them there and everyone who worked there was joking he was a walking std. Now this doesn't mean this innocent happened i think she went willingly and then was mad when he didn't call her or something to that effect. My daughter also had the pleasure to meet Bettis, Dan Marino, Mario Lemieux, Sidney crosby, Robbie Gould, jim McMahon, Dan Jansen, Mark Recchi, Marcus Allen. Last year Tom Brady played in this tourney but to her sadness didn't return this year.

My daughter works at a five diamond golf hotel in the summers and ben played in a golf tourney in june there and he was the talk of the resort of how he picked up trashy women and brought them there and everyone who worked there was joking he was a walking std. Now this doesn't mean this innocent happened i think she went willingly and then was mad when he didn't call her or something to that effect. My daughter also had the pleasure to meet Bettis, Dan Marino, Mario Lemieux, Sidney crosby, Robbie Gould, jim McMahon, Dan Jansen, Mark Recchi, Marcus Allen. Last year Tom Brady played in this tourney but to her sadness didn't return this year.

I guess what you take from that, he has no trouble picking up willing trash, is a little different than the underlying take I get which is Ben may be one of those guys who prefers to just use women and assumes they all feel honored to be considered part of that process...

He's supposedly talking at 2 EDT... maybe he'll have something interesting to add.

He's supposedly talking at 2 EDT... maybe he'll have something interesting to add.

I got an advance copy of the transcript.....

"I did not have sex with that women, Ms McNaulty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft