PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beware the Trap game - On to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rex wants anyone to take anything he says seriously...maybe..just once...he should actually win something

Buffalo just beat the Cardinals a lot more emphatically than the Patriots did. I can't imagine why the Patriots would underestimate them.

The Browns game is the type of game that would potentially be a trap game, but I think the Patriots will be focused given that that is Brady’s first game back.
No doubt they should be pumped for Brady's return. It's the next week, against Cinci, that I think could potentially be a let down or trap kinda game. At least emotionally.

Buffalo just beat the Cardinals a lot more emphatically than the Patriots did. I can't imagine why the Patriots would underestimate them.
The Cards are a much better and tougher team to play in AZ. Pas shouldn't take Buffalo lightly but I think they'll be driven to finish this 4 game stretch without Brady strongly.

Apples to oranges. On the road versus at home. Week one versus week 3. Starting QB vs backup QB. Healthy offense vs patchwork offense.

So yeah, I don't put much stock into Buffalos win. BB will force TT to throw. AZ didn't do that.

Apples to oranges. On the road versus at home. Week one versus week 3. Starting QB vs backup QB. Healthy offense vs patchwork offense.

So yeah, I don't put much stock into Buffalos win. BB will force TT to throw. AZ didn't do that.

buffalo coming off 10 days rest, Southwest team flying to the northeast and Carson Palmer being Carson Palmer.

Also Arians looked like a complete buffoon not challenging a clear in-completion that really kind of got buffalo going.

marshall faulk called it this AM that the amount of man to man AZ plays will allow buffalo and TT to run. And thats what happened. funny that they played zone vs us a lot.

"The Bills are going to lose to AZ this weekend, that's a given" unfortunately OP, nothing is a "given" in this league until you go out there and actually do it.

"The Bills are going to lose to AZ this weekend, that's a given" unfortunately OP, nothing is a "given" in this league until you go out there and actually do it.

Except for the Browns sucking every year, Sanchez derping every game he plays in and Rex Ryan eating a sandwich on the sidelines.

Its the NFL. Anyone can win or be beat. there is no such thing as a trap game in pro sports

While I agree any team in the NFL can win on any given day, I disagree that there is no such thing as a Trap game.

Its like saying there is no such thing as "being clutch". One of the m0r0ns on the sports hub says that all the time and it makes me want to punch a baby.

I am just nervous for our team, I desperately want the Pats to win big at home versus Buffalo, and when I see the historical numbers, and the Bills inconsistent level of play so far this year, I feel that nervousness is warranted, especially since we do not know who our starting QB will be.

We never know what to expect out of the Pats organization in terms of injury reports, but there is one thing that I have noticed over the years.

Many times, when you have a new QB that starts a few games, they do decent initially and for most, that great start fades out eventually. This is primarily because teams had no tape on them at first, but notice certain tendencies and habits on game film that allows them to get a better understanding of how they operate. This usually leads to some sacks, interceptions, heavy QB pressures, and just mistakes overall.

After watching the Bills dismantle the Cardinals yesterday, its clear to me that they may not be quite the walk in the park that many are saying they will be, but its also clear that BB knows that.....Whatever...I am just rambling....I am nervous, and posting it on a pats forum.

I know we are the better team, but I really wish I knew that Jimmy G was starting. I watched that hit. The man was in severe pain. I don't think we are going to get even close to 100% out of him if he does start, and I think the Bills are JUST THE TEAM to use his known injury to take him out of the game early.

Call me a pessimist, but that is how I see it.

buffalo coming off 10 days rest, Southwest team flying to the northeast and Carson Palmer being Carson Palmer.

Also Arians looked like a complete buffoon not challenging a clear in-completion that really kind of got buffalo going.

dramatic.0.gif

if it looks like a trap game, smells like a trap game, it's a trap game.

this one was.

too easy for the entire team to feel too good about themselves after the Houston game, so they got a massive heaping of humble pie.

A game that would normally have the hallmarks of a trap game would be the road game against a terrible Cleveland team. But something tells me they'll be up for that game.
If they think that having Brady back will cure missing tackles and holding on offense, the Cleveland game will be another debacle. Even if they're up for it they have to execute. I'm not sure we can take that as a given. We're still finding out about this team, and what we found out today wasn't pretty. No guarantees what we'll find out next week. It would really be a kick in the teeth to have Brady come back and lose to the Browns in their first win of the season wouldn't it? I want to be wrong about that, but taking it for granted seems very likely to look like today even with #12 in the lineup.

BUF winning this game against AZ essentially assures a Pats victory next week.....we've seen this movie before..
Lol....with the way we played yesterday, that essentially assured our assses getting handed to us smh

this one was.

too easy for the entire team to feel too good about themselves after the Houston game, so they got a massive heaping of humble pie.

If they think that having Brady back will cure missing tackles and holding on offense, the Cleveland game will be another debacle. Even if they're up for it they have to execute. I'm not sure we can take that as a given. We're still finding out about this team, and what we found out today wasn't pretty. No guarantees what we'll find out next week. It would really be a kick in the teeth to have Brady come back and lose to the Browns in their first win of the season wouldn't it? I want to be wrong about that, but taking it for granted seems very likely to look like today even with #12 in the lineup.

It was a trap game, but not because we were looking past Buffalo to Cleveland, but we were caught looking past Buffalo towards Brady's return. No knock on either Brissett or Garo, but nobody brings out the best in you like Brady can. When you see him operate on such a high level, it inspires you to play your best.

It's the difference between hopping a ride on a serviceable Toyota, or a new Chrysler, and, a finely tuned Ferrari.

It was not a ****ing trap game. Give credit where credit is due, Its the NFL. Anyone can beat anyone

this one was.

Divisions games arent trap games, especially when you start your rookie 3rd string QB.

As for having Brady back it will be huge as the offense wont continually be putting the defense back on the field every 1:30-2 min with no points to show for it.

Defense allowed 1 TD and 3 FG so don't act like it was some catastrophe and the TD and 2 FG came on their first 3 drives after that they did nothing.

Cleveland isn't gonna hold a Brady QB'd team to 0 points and if the defense holds Cleveland to 16 points it will be a Pats win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft