PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best non-Super Bowl wins, regular season & playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an amazing list, and DOESN"T even include :

- The 2003 AFC Div championship game vs Colts, 24-14 where Ty Law picked Peyton 3x.
- The 2004 AFC Championship game at Pitt, 41-27.

Embarassment of riches!

Thanks. The 2004 AFCCG is #1 on the list though.

2013 win over Broncos is the best regular season game of the Brady/Bill era, I hate to say it's not even close, but I'm not sure how anyone could pick another game. After that, 04 AFCCG@Pittsburgh, Divisional06@San Diego, and AFCCg@KC gotta be there in some order. Loved the win over the Ravens in 2014 too.

If you go with the actual game excitement alone itself it’s probably #1. If you go with the strength of the teams, pregame excitement, pride factor, combined with the game itself, I’d put the 45-3 Jets laugher, 2007 at Indy comeback, and 2017 at Pittsburgh epic win in the same category as the 24-point comeback. Those three were incredibly hyped up games and lived up to the expectations.

Oooh, that 2014 postseason win over the Ravens was something else. Belichick outcoached Harbaugh so hard he had a schizoid embolism right out of Total Recall on live TV lmao. Multiple comebacks, trick plays galore, total insanity.

That game was so freaking insane, it wasn't over EVEN after Duron the Closer Harmon picked off Jumpball Joe in the end zone with under 2 minutes remaining. Pats still had to punt it, allowing Flacco a hail mary attempt with 5 seconds on the clock...which was mercifully knocked out of the end zone by McCourty.

I think my BP spiked harder in that game than even SBLI and the KC AFCCG '19.

Anyone remember the Pats opener against the Bill's in 2009? It was Bradys return after his 2008 injury. He threw 2 TDs with barely over a minute left in the game to win 25-24.

Those that jump to mind first:

Snow Bowl vs Raiders
1985 AFCCG vs Fins
2004 AFCDG vs Colts

Anyone remember the Pats opener against the Bill's in 2009? It was Bradys return after his 2008 injury. He threw 2 TDs with barely over a minute left in the game to win 25-24.
Both to Ben Watson!

Those that jump to mind first:

Snow Bowl vs Raiders
1985 AFCCG vs Fins
2004 AFCDG vs Colts

1985 vs Raiders game on the road which I watched a few days ago courtesy of you was epic

I'd throw the 2006 Pats/Chargers AFC Div game on the list.

The football version of Rocky IV.

I’d put the 45-3 Jets laughermes and lived up to the expectations.

I remember that. I was in Disney World with Mrs RW and at the time a 8, 6 and 4 year old. I stayed in the condo with the 6 year old b/c she was sick while Mrs RW took the other two to the Spectra Magic parade.

Having her sick sucked but I was able to watch the destruction of the Jests.

2017 in Pittsburgh. The overturn of the td, then harmon’s pick to crush their souls. They NEVER got over it and were so obsessed with the ‘rematch’ that they overlooked jax and lost.

2010 over the jets 45-3. Probably the most dominant win ive seen, both teams were 10-2 or something like that heading in. That team looked so good down the stretch, so disappointing the playoff effort.

2013 comeback over denver - popular pick

2003 colts goal line stuff

1996 comeback from 22-0 against the giants to get the first round bye

1998 last minute wins over Miami and buffalo with drew’s injured hand

1994 comeback over Minnesota- arguably the turnaround point for the franchise on the field

1994 comeback over Minnesota- arguably the turnaround point for the franchise on the field
I'm embarrassed that I don't remember that one. Probably because I was living in DC and was able to see one Pats game a year at best usually.

Great thread even without talking about Hope St in Providence!!

Loved the 31-0 stomping of the Bills by the exact same score to bookend the season. I LOLed hearing a WEEI caller - "They came in as the Bills and left as the billies"

Also the 01 blowout win over the Colts when nobody expected it. Bryan Cox levelling Jerome Pathon was a franchise altering moment IMO - a statement to the league that the "Patsies" are gone and the PATRIOTS have arrived and they will take us seriously.

The 2002 opener was fun too. Not one ESPN expert picked the Super Bowl champs to win opening the season at a brand new Gillette Stadium. The Pats were not even ranked in the top 5 in some of the power rankings I saw. I've never seen a Super Bowl champ as disrespected as that one was. The Steelers IIRC were running their mouths too leading up to the game. And they got curb stomped. Well deserved.

Courtesy of Leodis McKelvin fumbling a kickoff back to NE.

Living in Denver, I'm still enjoying the fallout from the 16-3 win against the Broncos in 2016. Snuffed the playoff hopes of the defending champs and turned that locker room against each other, in their house. They haven't gotten back on their feet yet.... and now with Flacco, they shouldn't expect to for quite awhile.

Y'all have got all the obvious ones covered( 2013 broncos and saints, snow bowl, 2004 afccg at Pitt,etc.).
But no one's mentioned one of my all-time favorite regular season games:
2001 2nd game vs. Miami.
Don't know if I've ever whooped or hollered as much at my tv at any other reg. season game.
That game, more than any other reg. season game,defined the 2001 Patriots.
It was smashmouth football. And after watching that game, I knew the Patriots were the best team in the NFL and had a good shot at winning the SB.
Think Brady threw less than 20 passes, but the Patriots ran it like 45-50 times for like 200 yards.
A.Smith up the gut. Over and over again.
It was " here we come, we're running it up the middle every play and you can't stop it."
And they did. It was total domination.
They had shown earlier that year they were legit when they gave the Rams all they could handle, but lost.
But THIS game showed me they could beat the Rams and anyone else.
Plus it was revenge for getting blown out at Miami early that season.

Great thread some of my favorites that have not been said.
1974 against the Viking 's
1976 against the Dolphins, Steelers and first game with the Raiders.

I'm embarrassed that I don't remember that one. Probably because I was living in DC and was able to see one Pats game a year at best usually.

Great thread even without talking about Hope St in Providence!!

OT Win - may have been the first OT win in franchise history (we got off to a pretty bad start, if you'll recall).

Minnesota Vikings at New England Patriots - November 13th, 1994 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Bledsoe 45-70 436 and 3 TDs. May have been his best game as a pro. 70 attempts is still an NFL record, I believe.

Minnesota team was no joke either - Warren Moon/Terry Allen/Cris Carter - John Randle/Henry Thomas/Jack Del Rio

It was a 'we belong' win, to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST