PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard whines about player safety rules; calls Brady "pretty boy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no, I don't want to get into a "my team could beat up your team" thing. I'm looking at an individual case, and Pollard strikes me as a ****y.

Pats lose upset to Jets "We need some tough guys, some guys that will talk smack, and kick ass, we are too soft"

Who said we need guys to talk smack?

A lot of posters said we were too quiet and calm when NY was smacking away pre divisional round.

A lot of posters are dumb, then. Smack talk serves no positive purpose regarding winning/losing.

Screw him.
Took out Brady

Was near Wes when he got his injury.

Nearly took out Cassell twice in practice that led to him being cut from the Chiefs.

Took out Anthony Gonzalez on a cheap shot 5 yards past the sidelines back in 2009 and Gonzo has never been the same.

I hope Karma meets Mr. Pollard.

*waits eagerly for Pollard to crush his collarbone trying to tackle Gronk*

I dont know which is classier -- that you would hope for someone to get hurt, or the fact that a bunch of morons approve of your statement.

I dont know which is classier -- that you would hope for someone to get hurt, or the fact that a bunch of morons approve of your statement.

I don't know which is funnier: that you thought wahwo was serious or that your are doing so in a thread where people are defending one of your players celebrating exactly that.

Its too bad old billy boy didn't think to draft some talent on defense. Your defense is atrocious. You need a complete team to win in this league. Probably why the Pats haven't won since what 04'?

You realize that the Pats have won 3 SBs since the Ravens last won one, right?

Or, alternately: you realize that you need a QB to win in this league, right?

Or even: you realize that the Ravens won one, single, SB over a decade ago, right?

There are so many ways to answer our ******ed mess of a post that I can't even pick one.

Its too bad old billy boy didn't think to draft some talent on defense. Your defense is atrocious. You need a complete team to win in this league. Probably why the Pats haven't won since what 04'?

Last I checked, the only time you guys won a SuperBowl, your team was anything but "complete". That kind of negates your little theory there. And if our defense has been "atrocious" since 2004, how would you describe Baltimore's offense since...I don't know, forever?

Screw him.
Took out Brady

Was near Wes when he got his injury.

Nearly took out Cassell twice in practice that led to him being cut from the Chiefs.

Took out Anthony Gonzalez on a cheap shot 5 yards past the sidelines back in 2009 and Gonzo has never been the same.

I hope Karma meets Mr. Pollard.

Eh, he's exactly the kind of moron who will find a way to go bankrupt 3 years after he retires and live out the reminder of his life in misery/anger/regret/bitterness. I think it's a pretty safe bet that karma will have its way with him.

Last edited:
I don't know which is funnier: that you thought wahwo was serious or that your are doing so in a thread where people are defending one of your players celebrating exactly that.

Who said he was joking? I dont see the joke in it.

And who here is defending Pollard? All I see from the Pat fans is people talking crap about him.

And it's funny that you people are so obssessed with calling other players whiners (SEE TITLE OF THREAD) when you consider who your QB is.

I love how smart you make me look by association.....lol.

lets start with... we can't draft for defense as well as your team.
Exactly who have the ravens drafted on defense in the last few years that is an all-pro? Ngata is a beast, but I would say that is all they hit on. and since we drafted Wilfork only a couple of years prior to him i'd say it's a push.
Here is a list of Pats defenders that were drafted (or picked up as UFA) recently, and I would like you to put their RECENTLY drafted defensive counterparts on the ravens listed to prove your point that the ravens drafted better on defense.

LB = Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes
CB = McCourty, Arrington, (I also like how Moore is coming on, and believe that Dowling was stellar before he got hurt)
S = Chung, and Merriweather (although I don't think Merriweather was great, he was a 2 time probowler)
DL = We honestly did not have the need to draft high round picks here until recently. We did have Ty Warren, Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork (all drafted by the pats AFTER ther Ravens 2000 SB season) together until a year or 2 ago after all. I guess that shows that the Pats can't draft defensively too huh? While there are no real world beaters chosen late here, I like who we got and where we got them. Love has been pretty good for what was expected of him.

again, you have exactly 3 Great (or once great) D# players on your team. Lewis, Reed and Ngata. of which, only Ngata was drafted in the last decade... so big FAIL for you. Try again.

as far as us not winning "anything" since 2004 because of bad drafting on D#, what does that say for your team? You do realize that your team hasn't won "anything" since 2000..... right?!?!:rolleyes:

I also want to point out that I quoted "anything" because I think it's a ridiculous statement. If by "anything" you mean a superbowl, you are showing what a moron you are. You are not only discounting the Patriots unbelievably winning ways and 18-1 superbowl apearance season (that was a couple of suspicious non-calls and a miracle catch away from being the greatest season ever by a team) you also discount what YOUR team has accomplished. They have been a pretty good team during the last decade as well, even though they havent done "anything" (superbowl win), they have made it a competitive conference.
But of course, I am sure that you are just tired of being the Steelers little brother all these years :D
I can see that this 1 year in the sun (out of the Steelers shadow) has done wonders for the fragile little flowers that are trolling here from the Ravens boards.

Last edited:

And who here is defending Pollard? All I see from the Pat fans is people talking crap about him.

And it's funny that you people are so obssessed with calling other players whiners (SEE TITLE OF THREAD) when you consider who your QB is.

You don't see it because you haven't looked (just like being critical of your own team)
Read the entire thread and you will see just how stupid that comment is.

Now, I know it's a big thread, full of confusing, high school reader level words... but I have faith in you big guy! :rolleyes:

You clearly haven't read the whole thread. If you had, you'd have seen there were at least 2 Raven fans who were defending Pollard.

As for "talking crap" about Pollard, again, that is your own bias talking. Some are, but most aren't. Clearly you have issues with reading comprehension as well.

We all know who and what kind of a player our QB is. You should look to your own joke of a QB.

Last edited:

When has Tom Brady whined to the media about anything? If you are talking about calling for flags on the field, I seem to recall at least 5 instances of your receivers doing the same exact thing last Sunday, so I guess they are all "whiners" too, along with 95% of NFL players.

And OMG at Patriots fans badmouthing Pollard for complaining to the media about player safety rules, when said player was only responsible for taking a whole season out of Tom Brady's career and keeping Wes Welker out of the 2009 playoffs. Really, how unexpected and incomprehensible!

Jesus, Ravens fans are even douchier and more annoying than Jets fans.

Haha. 17 page thread on Bernard Pollard. You guys just served up a 7 course meal for the trolls.

I want to see Rob Gronkowski rumbling down the sideline with only Bernie Pollard between him and the goal line.

Mr. Cheap Shot will probably wet his pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe