PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard "The NFL won't exist in 20-30 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the player who got concussed should sue the player who gave it to him instead of the NFL. You knew the risks associated with the game, yet you still signed the contract. It's called " pesonal resposibilty". Maybe said player should have chose ping-pong or badminton instead.

You have a high risk of injury playing football? Shocking? What's next, UFC and boxing guys start sueing their respective leagues? Join the military and say you never expected to be in harms way (and I mean that with respect, not non-challantly taking a cheap-shot...in a just world it would be the other way around where vets get payed like football players and they get payed like military personnel ). Getting drafted into the NFL is alot different than getting darfted into the military. Theres no dishonorbale discharge or draft dodgers in football. You made the choice, the NFL merely gave you an offer.

I think the player who got concussed should sue the player who gave it to him instead of the NFL. You knew the risks associated with the game, yet you still signed the contract. It's called " pesonal resposibilty". Maybe said player should have chose ping-pong or badminton instead.

You have a high risk of injury playing football? Shocking? What's next, UFC and boxing guys start sueing their respective leagues? Join the military and say you never expected to be in harms way (and I mean that with respect, not non-challantly taking a cheap-shot...in a just world it would be the other way around where vets get payed like football players and they get payed like military personnel ). Getting drafted into the NFL is alot different than getting darfted into the military. Theres no dishonorbale discharge or draft dodgers in football. You made the choice, the NFL merely gave you an offer.

Come on. I think all football players accept the risk of the injuries to your body ie. the aches and pains, being unable to move well when you get older, etc. I think they all know there is a risk of something horrible happening like it did to Dennis Byrd. I don't think anyone knew they were in serious jeopardy of being unable to remember what was said to them five minutes ago in their 40s and 50s, like Jim McMahon.

Enough with the snarky, well just play badminton! Or table tennis! It isn't funny, it's eye-rolling. I suppose it's very easy for someone on their couch with their beer and their remote to make these comments.

Come on. I think all football players accept the risk of the injuries to your body ie. the aches and pains, being unable to move well when you get older, etc. I think they all know there is a risk of something horrible happening like it did to Dennis Byrd. I don't think anyone knew they were in serious jeopardy of being unable to remember what was said to them five minutes ago in their 40s and 50s, like Jim McMahon.

Enough with the snarky, well just play badminton! Or table tennis! It isn't funny, it's eye-rolling. I suppose it's very easy for someone on their couch with their beer and their remote to make these comments.
Yeah, I also love the "Why don't we just turn it into flag-football?" heroes. I'm guessing some of them may have been concussed multiple times in their lives, but I doubt many of them have. Even better are the "We'll just put a skirt on every one of them," people, as if in some perverted way being a female is somehow a sign of weakness.

I wanted to start a thread titled this, but settled on a post.

Fair Catch Fryar of PatsFans.com, "Bernard Pollard will still be an idiot in 20-30 years..."

Last edited:
why don't the yput padding on the outside of the helmet, also? and instead of a hard plastic, use some kind of hard rubber composite......change the helmet from a baseball into a restricted flight softball
I think this is a good idea and it is something I have suggested before. There is no soft padding in or on the helmet. I always think back to the old Buffalo Bills player Mark Kelso who had additional padding on his helmet to reduce the chance of a concussion and it makes me wonder why they don't do something similar for everyone?

This is the actual helmet he used to wear:

1248878147-img_0093.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back