PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger is one of the more overrated QB's in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured Patriot fans would come to the defense of the Fat Rapist. He never beat Brady in the playoffs nor is a threat to ever be a better QB than him. But Eli Manning has 2 SB rings as well and is called overrated? But you guys measure Fat Rapist by his ring count, so where does Eli count in this conversation? He has 2 rings and 2 game winning drives against Brady.

You're the only one who mentioned his two SB rings. Oddly enough you're trying to use that against him. Good luck with that.

2 rings are 2 rings, anything else just sounds like the people who claimed that it was the defense that really won the Pats' first 3.

Roethlisberger looked merely okay today against a very good defense missing his top 2 RBs and best receiver. Holding that against him makes about as much sense as holding the 2013 AFCCG against Brady.

When you are rooting for a player you normally root against you may notice things about them that you didn't previously.

I don't know if Ben's injury played a role, but I noticed that he doesn't throw a really catchable screen or swing pass. It seems that he lacks touch and has almost a jerky motion resulting in the pass coming in too fast and hard.

Actually the hypocrites are being exposed hence why I made this thread. Joe Flacco had one of the greatest postseasons in NFL history and has proven himself consistently in the postseason over the years, yet Patriot fans call him "overrated." It is the hypocrisy of Patriot fans. They will call Flacco or Aaron Rodgers overrated but will get on their knees and make excuses for someone like Roethlisberger despite all of his shortcomings. Then they say his 2 rings make him legit but completely ignore Eli Manning who also has 2 rings(and BOTH came against New England on game winning drives led by Eli himself). It is pure hypocrisy. Ben has never been a threat to Tom. The media isn't a threat to make him one, his ring count isn't a threat, his legacy isn't a threat to Brady, and he has never beaten Brady in the playoffs and barley in the regular season. This is why fans like and respect him. If he was anything like those other QB's in terms of messing with the Patriots in any fashion, fans would despise him.

LMAO. This moron came to a Patriots forum to find people to support Roethlisberger? You can't make this sh.t up, Ravens fans are as dumb as jet fans.

Last edited:
For all of the disagrees and dislikes on the first post, does any one of you think he's a "great" quarterback?
I do. He has been playing for eleven years. He plays hurt. He wins a lot -- including those rings. Big Ben is 33 years old, so he has a lot more time to accumulate accolades.

- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award in 2004
- First Pro Bowl selection in 2007
- Won his first ring at 23 (youngest Super Bowl-winning QB evah
- Threw Super Bowl XLIII winning TD pass with 35 seconds on the clock
- 9th all-time in NFL passer rating (94.0)
- Tied for 6th in yards per attempt (7.93)
- tied for 10th in completion percentage (63.85%) among QBs w/1,500 attempts
- Fourth highest winning percentage (.710) as a starter in the regular season among QBs w/100 starts
- One of six QBs in NFL history to have beaten at least 31 of the current NFL teams

I just scraped that out of wikipedia, but the guy is a great QB. Big Ben takes a lickeng and keeps on ticking. Can we close this thread?

I don't think Ben is overrated as a QB on the field.

But in the area of toughness yes he definitely is. Tough guys don't need to embellish their injuries in front of the media.

I think it's comical that the perception is Brady is some kind of wuss and Ben is this big tough guy when the opposite is much closer to reality.

I don't get it. Is there some other NFL league I'm supposed to be watching in an alternate universe? Ben is a top QB in this one. That's somehow escaped the OP. Delusional.

I figured Patriot fans would come to the defense of the Fat Rapist. He never beat Brady in the playoffs nor is a threat to ever be a better QB than him. But Eli Manning has 2 SB rings as well and is called overrated? But you guys measure Fat Rapist by his ring count, so where does Eli count in this conversation? He has 2 rings and 2 game winning drives against Brady.
I've never thought of Eli as overrated as a player. I think he is overrated as a human being. He and HorseFace were too good to play for the teams that drafted them. I think that says more about the draftee than the drafter.

I do. He has been playing for eleven years. He plays hurt. He wins a lot -- including those rings. Big Ben is 33 years old, so he has a lot more time to accumulate accolades.

- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award in 2004
- First Pro Bowl selection in 2007
- Won his first ring at 23 (youngest Super Bowl-winning QB evah
- Threw Super Bowl XLIII winning TD pass with 35 seconds on the clock
- 9th all-time in NFL passer rating (94.0)
- Tied for 6th in yards per attempt (7.93)
- tied for 10th in completion percentage (63.85%) among QBs w/1,500 attempts
- Fourth highest winning percentage (.710) as a starter in the regular season among QBs w/100 starts
- One of six QBs in NFL history to have beaten at least 31 of the current NFL teams

I just scraped that out of wikipedia, but the guy is a great QB. Big Ben takes a lickeng and keeps on ticking. Can we close this thread?

Agreed. And he almost beat the Broncos single-handidly yesterday (if it was not for the fumble) they win.

is OP Charlie Casserly?

But he has 2 rings? Yeah, about those. He rode Bettis and his stacked D to his first one. He had a nice game winning drive and a solid playoff run in his 2nd ring in 2008, but it was nothing special. And that game winning drive was after a 20-7 lead was blown. I will still give him that one, but it wasn't anything special or epic. Outside of that, this is what has been the career that has defined him as a "big game clutch" type of QB:

-Didn't do much until his team was down big against Brady in the 2005 AFC title game
-Missed the playoffs in 2006
-Missed the playoffs in 2009
-Choked on the final drive in the 2011 Super Bowl against Green Bay
-Took a few sacks that knocked his offense out of near fg range which took the game into OT that was lost on the first play against the Tebow Broncos.
- Threw game and season costly interceptions in weeks 15/16 against the Cowboys/Bengals that eliminated the Steelers from playoff contention
-Got off to an 0-4 start in 2013 and then choked in a critical game against Miami that basically knocked him out of the playoff race yet again
-After an amazing season including back to back 6 TD performances, fat rapist was punked all over his house by the Ravens D taking multiple sacks and throwing costly interceptions in a 30-17 wildcard playoff loss.
-This season...he got hurt which helps him, but he still laid a massive egg in week 16 against a depleted Ravens team and needed help to make the playoffs. Then he was so/so in the wildcard game, but the Bengals self-implosion gifted him last weeks win. Which leads us to today, 4th and 5 and comes up short. He can be defended somewhat due to Brown being out, him being out 4 games, but then he still came up short (Ravens game) when the pressure was on plus his history isn't exactly on his side.

IF we are going to bash all these other QB's, you might want to add Fat Rapist to the list as well.
Name 5 current NFL QBs that are better and have accomplished more.
If you are comparing him, or anyone, to Brady, its no contest, but that doesn't mean everyone else sucks.
Rodgers has a worse postseason resume.

Injury embellishing drama queen, and this week was no different.
Well you are right about that but it has nothing to do with how good a QB he is.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
When you are rooting for a player you normally root against you may notice things about them that you didn't previously.

I don't know if Ben's injury played a role, but I noticed that he doesn't throw a really catchable screen or swing pass. It seems that he lacks touch and has almost a jerky motion resulting in the pass coming in too fast and hard.

I'm guessing that the injury probably would have played a role, as well as the fact that that play's normally run for Antonio Brown or LeVeon Bell, so it looked like the timing was a bit off. I thought Roethlisberger did pretty well yesterday for playing through injury and without his offense's best weapons. Taking Brown away from Roethlisberger is an awful lot like taking Edelman from Brady. Right away, he becomes a significantly worse QB who is unable to do some of the things that he normally does best.

Actually the hypocrites are being exposed hence why I made this thread. Joe Flacco had one of the greatest postseasons in NFL history and has proven himself consistently in the postseason over the years, yet Patriot fans call him "overrated." It is the hypocrisy of Patriot fans. They will call Flacco or Aaron Rodgers overrated but will get on their knees and make excuses for someone like Roethlisberger despite all of his shortcomings. Then they say his 2 rings make him legit but completely ignore Eli Manning who also has 2 rings(and BOTH came against New England on game winning drives led by Eli himself). It is pure hypocrisy. Ben has never been a threat to Tom. The media isn't a threat to make him one, his ring count isn't a threat, his legacy isn't a threat to Brady, and he has never beaten Brady in the playoffs and barley in the regular season. This is why fans like and respect him. If he was anything like those other QB's in terms of messing with the Patriots in any fashion, fans would despise him.

If Roethlisberger's resume began and ended with 2 rings, you'd almost, sort of (but not really) have a point. Roethlisberger has done so much more in this league than Flacco has that it's insulting to him to even try to compare them. And he's head and shoulders above Eli as well, simply because he has some other really impressive elements to his resume above and beyond the rings. The only thing that Eli has over Roethlisberger is durability. Eli's a very good QB, and the chief point on his resume is his 2 rings, but he's wildly inconsistent, historically has turned the ball over way too much, and hasn't appeared in the playoffs since 2011. None of those issues apply to Roethlisberger, and therefore Roethlisberger is above him by a wide margin.

As a particularly ****ty Ravens troll who I'm sure has been hating this season, this must be really hard for you to wrap your head around, but there's a certain level of ability that you can't hand-wave away because you don't like a guy. I don't like Roethlisberger. I think he's great on the field, but I've heard too many different instances of him being a grade A ******* off the field to have a good impression of him. He is, by all accounts, a complete ****head (and I'm not just referring to the rape allegations). Still, disliking him doesn't change the fact that he's a HOF football player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back