PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick takes a shot at ESPN and SI at press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more...he brought up the names of at least 8 players from the 01', 03', 04' teams and complained how these players don't deserve to be accused of cheating, after working so hard and making memorable plays

EDIT: I'm told it was 21 players he mentioned by name....21 players!!!!
Can you point me to the audio or video or article, PLEASE?!

EDIT: Found it.

I think we look at it as something you have to be ready for every week and we practice it.
Not whine about it; PRACTICE it.

Not whine about it; PRACTICE it.

Screen-Shot-2014-05-04-at-5.21.35-PM-300x336.png

I have a feeling that quote is going to become a very popular signature around here.

BB in reference to communication issues:

"I think we look at it as something you have to be ready for every week and we practice it. So, home, away, I don’t really think there is any common denominator on that."

I mean, do I really need to say anything about this statement? This is the **** right here that I'm talking about. This is what makes him and them great! How many of the other 31 teams do you all believe really do this? Hello?! I'll wait! This is what ESPNFL and NFL Network and Goodell and Vincent and the f*cking league office does not get. This is what Rodney (though I'm still mad at him) and McGinest and Tedy are talking about when they say things like, "We know the hard work we put in" and "I'm secure with our accomplishments." F*ck off to any and every hater that exists to tarnish what real men worked hard to accomplish.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that quote is going to become a very popular signature around here.
I'm already working on it. I'm sifting through the text to see if there is anything more I want to add.

done and done ... :)

This is one of the all-time Belichick quotes.... savor every moment

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snedap

Question:

I know that you were asked about the communication issues last night and I know that you said that you didn’t have any idea why that happened. The NFL released a statement we all saw. I was wondering if you had any answers since last night beyond that statement the NFL released.

Answer:

“No. No. I’ll just say, it’s pretty common, you know. Look, there’s a lot of stuff down there. There is the coach to quarterback stuff. Offense and defense. There is the headsets to the press box. There are the tablets. There is a lot of stuff going on there. You know, we had some problems. Just as an example, we had some problems in the first half and then it seemed to be OK. Then we got to the end of the game and most of the problems we had were on our last possession, our last two possessions on offense and defense. Sometimes it goes along and it’s fine, and then for some reason something happens and then you go to the guys on the sideline, the blue hats or purple hats, whatever they’re called, and then you tell them about it. They fix it. I don’t really know enough about technology to know how any of that works. But that’s how it goes. You know, we ended up hard-wiring a couple of our headsets to kind of eliminate the wireless part of it. But, you know, it’s not an uncommon problem. We ended up having to signal some of our plays offensively [when] we couldn’t get them in. I think we look at it as something you have to be ready for every week and we practice it. So, home, away, I don’t really think there is any common denominator on that.

“But I’d just say, you know, kind of tying this in with a couple things from last week, or earlier in the week. I just think overall, it’s kind of sad really to see some stories written that obviously have an agenda to them, with misinformation and anonymous type comments. You know, writing about warm drinks and trash cans and stuff like that. I think it’s a sad commentary and I think it’s gone to a pretty low level. It’s sunk pretty deep.

“First of all, I’d just say, I think our program here is built on competition and trying to improve every day and trying to work hard. It’s not built on excuses. We just try to go to work and improve and find a way to get better. This organization has won a lot of games. Particularly in reference to the great teams from ’01, ’03, ’04, back in there, and all the great players that played on those teams – Ty Law, [Lawyer] Milloy, Otis Smith, Rodney Harrison, [Tedy] Bruschi, [Larry] Izzo, [Willie] McGinest, [Mike] Vrabel, [Anthony] Pleasant, [Richard] Seymour, Matt Light, [Joe] Andruzzi, Steve Neal, [Deion] Branch, Troy Brown, [Tom] Brady, Antowain Smith, Kevin Faulk, Corey Dillon, Lonie Paxton, [Adam] Vinatieri. To take away from what those guys accomplished, what those teams accomplished, how good they were, how many great players we had, how well they played in big games, how consistently they showed up and made big plays and game-winning plays, it’s just not right. Those guys, they were great players. And many more. Those are a few of them. And great teams.

“I’m not going to get into a back and forth on it. But that’s the way I feel about it.”

Belichick was then asked a follow-up question specifically about Mike Tomlin’s remarks after the game in which he said “that’s always the case” regarding headsets going out at Gillette Stadium.

“I’ll just leave it at that,” Belichick said. “I’m not going to get into a back and forth on this.”

Asked if his team has the same issues on the road with headsets, Belichick said, “Yeah, I’m focused on the game here. I’m not going to keep talking about it. I’m really not. That’s all I have to say.”
ooh.gif

I love when BB slaps the media around.

This fits in with one expression I taught my kids when they were growing up,...
"Winners give reasons, losers give excuses."
Tomlin ought to admit Brady and the Patriots own him......8-3.....instead of making excuses....
Does he realize having no communications, helped him more than the PAtriots?? There was no scoring when the headphones didn't work and the Pats outscored them when it did work!!!!

BB is a true professional and a class act. He's not going to wallow in the mud over this nonsense. While BB has been a coach in NE since 2000, the other 31 teams have had 113 coaches (through 2013).

BB is a true professional and a class act. He's not going to wallow in the mud over this nonsense. While BB has been a coach in NE since 2000, the other 31 teams have had 113 coaches (through 2013).
Is that a real stat?! That's astounding! :eek:

So atypical of BB. They have finally gotten on his last nerve.
There is no question. People can call him a whatever but hes in Lombardi and Paul Brown company now.

This is now about defending his current status, his legacy and posterity. I think he understands that.

BB has had it with the sniveling idiots who bite his ankles.

Especially the NFL and coaches that don't honor the code.

Tomlin just made the list.

I was listening to a former NE TE on a radio show this morning who was talking about how BB personally instructed all players on how to respond to media questions. He would read articles on Mon and Tue and then say: they're going to ask you this and you just say it will have no effect on the game and so on.

He said that he had never seen anything like it in the other 5 teams he played for, the level of detail that BB would go into to control the message. Very smart, it reduces all the locker room drama that you hear about every season from other teams.

I think he cares about the players legacies too. He is always the first to remind everyone that it's a players game.
Absolutely. He rattled off 21 of them in the press call today.

I'd be remiss by not saying that his primary motivation is to defend his team, the coaches and staff built here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back