PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick responds to Senator Spector

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
A transcript of Belichick's prepared testimony:

Senator, we live in a world that has sidelines, and those sidelines have to be guarded by men with hoodies. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Senator Feinstein? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Mangini, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That our videotaping, while tragic, probably saved sacks. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, won games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like 33 Buzz, 11 Cross Rabbit, 22 Sticky Z. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending against high-powered offenses. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the perfect season that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some pads and run a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

(stolen from CHFF blog)

Last edited:
Re: Belichick responds to the senator spector

A transcript of Belichick's prepared testimony:

Senator, we live in a world that has sidelines, and those sidelines have to be guarded by men with hoodies. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Senator Feinstein? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Mangini, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That our videotaping, while tragic, probably saved sacks. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, won games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like 33 Buzz, 11 Cross Rabbit, 22 Sticky Z. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending against high-powered offenses. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the perfect season that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some pads and run a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Very clever. I enjoyed that quite a bit.

One of my favorite move quotes ever nice adaptation.

That was awesome. Very enjoyable.

Nicely done.

I picked Jack Nicholson's voice instead of BB's. BB would just deadpan the whole thing lol.

What would be even funnier is if our first pre-season game was against SD...

BB is asked at the start, "have you prepared for today's hearing"

"Senator, with all due respect my focus has been on the Chargers, they are a great football team, good in all three aspects of the game offense, defense and special teams. They run the ball well and pass it well. Last year they lead the league in interceptions. And they are our next competitor. I have been focused primarily on getting ready for the Chargers. So I haven't really prepared for this hearing. But I will be more than willing to answer any question you have to the best of my ability."

Ummm this is funny and all but Colonel Jessup was the bad guy:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore