PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on Sirius NFL radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their coverage of the Cleveland Browns and Manziel has been nauseating. I was listening on the drive into work and they announced they were going to air it at 8:00 am, which was no good for me since that's when I have to be in the office. Can anybody provide a transcript or a play by play? It would be much appreciated.

SB39 was spot on in his facetious comments. All I've heard is Browns, Browns, Browns. Of course I missed the BB interview. I'm wicked pissed.

SB39 was spot on in his facetious comments. All I've heard is Browns, Browns, Browns.

I love all the talk about loser crap teams on Sirius -- Browns, Raiders, Lions, Jags, Titans. It makes me appreciate how good with have it with the Pats and chuckle at the "sky is falling" Boston fans. Speaking of which, one common denominator of crap football teams is that they all draft 1st round tall fast "franchise" wide receivers.... :)

SB39 was spot on in his facetious comments. All I've heard is Browns, Browns, Browns. Of course I missed the BB interview. I'm wicked pissed.
It's been sickening. This morning was the first morning that I've listened to them since the two days following the draft. It was all Browns, all Manziel, all the time. Further, the only reason I was listening to them today was because Stern was on a commercial break and I wasn't in the mood for music.

If Hoyer beats Manziel in TC, that means we can trade Mallet for Houston's #33 pick?

I've narrowed down the NFL network on SiriusXM's binky teams for 2014, by the way:

1. Browns
2. Eagles
3. Chiefs
4. Jets
5. Raiders
6. Redskins

For some reason, those six teams absolutely dominate their on-air talk with the Browns recently taking the crown because they drafted Manziel.

I wondered how many ways Belichick had to say as a Super Bowl contender he needed an experienced Backup QB, if Brady got hurt for even a few games. He said did not want to jeopardize a Playoff run due to inexperienced and therefore incompetent QB play.

He has said He isn't interested in trading Mallett, this year, at least until Garapollo has a better idea what NFL level quarterbacking is all about. Since JG never played under C, and has been a shotgun QB from a third rate football program, it might even take more then than a single season before he is ready to be a true qualified backup QB.

Yet no sooner had he said that, than the trade Mallett rumors started once again.

I wondered how many ways Belichick had to say as a Super Bowl contender he needed an experienced Backup QB, if Brady got hurt for even a few games. He said did not want to jeopardize a Playoff run due to inexperienced and therefore incompetent QB play.

He has said He isn't interested in trading Mallett, this year, at least until Garapollo has a better idea what NFL level quarterbacking is all about. Since JG never played under C, and has been a shotgun QB from a third rate football program, it might even take more then than a single season before he is ready to be a true qualified backup QB.

Yet no sooner had he said that, than the trade Mallett rumors started once again.

It's almost weird, isn't it? This hasn't exactly been a "rocket science" situation when it comes to reading between the lines.

In some people's defense---the rumors have continuously been egged on by reporters who are simply looking to fill the time during the slow off-season, so the same handful of posters seem to be the ones who are buying into this and adding fuel to the fire. Then again, they've also been the same group who have consistently brought Mallett's name up in trade rumors for the past 2-3 yrs, so maybe it's the reporters who are being misled? ;)

The bottom line is that it will take a strong showing from JG during training camp to make Mallett remotely expendable, so it would be considered an excellent situation to be in, should it happen. Even then, I think many are overrating Mallett's potential trade value at the present time, and I would be expecting nothing more than a 4th round pick.

IMO White isn't quite the athlete Vereen is, but I totally get why he was the Patriots' target. Having nobody behind Vereen really hurt the team last year when he was injured.

White is an unusually complete RB -- perhaps the best in this draft class at pass protection, which means he should be able to step in immediately. (RB tends to be a "plug and play" position when it comes to carrying the ball, but getting integrated into the passing game, especially in protection, takes longer for most players.)

I have to wonder if Urban Meyer had an glowing opinion about White that he shared with BB.

Vereen caught 47 passes in 8 games last year.
Faulks best season was 58. He also has season of 51(as the quasi-starter in 2000) 30,37,26,48,29,43,47,37.

Its kind of hard to conclude Vereen hasn't replaced the pass catching out of the backfield that we got from Faulk.
Woodhead has 34,18,40 in his 3 seasons in the middle of that.

Woodhead blew up last year with 76 receptions in SD. He has really turned into a weapon for that offense.

Look at this disgusting tub of lard!

10617179-large.jpg
I hope you got a signed, notarized consent form from PatsWickedPissah to run this photo. And, yeah, I agree, he's really let himself go. He used to be one striking hunk of man.

The mistake that you're making is listening to anything BB says. Try figuring out what he's thinking and you'll end up like this guy.

upload_2014-5-25_2-41-51.jpeg

The mistake that you're making is listening to anything BB says. Try figuring out what he's thinking and you'll end up like this guy.

Exactly.
It's been crystal clear for many seasons that BB does not see any competitive edge as too small. Extremely tight control over what is said about opponents, extremely tight control over who gets to speak to the media, extremely generic/tight lipped/subterfuge injury reports.....it's quasi dictatorial behavior in order to strictly limit information (as much as possible). All of it is obsessively done for one single purpose, to give the Patriots every single iota of additional chance to win.
So when BB goes on a media show to speak of roster, who will be the backup, what player of his has what ability, whatever he says should be interpreted as: "I am working to give my team an extra edge for victory.

Now when BB goes on a media show and speaks of the history of football, football logic, managing a football team? Not only take that to the bank but revel in hearing one of the greatest football minds in NFL history (like him or not, disagree with him or not, he absolutely is one of the greatest football minds of all time).

While I agree with the general thought that Belichick can thrown out poor information, he is also candid with certain things when he wants to be, especially if he doesn't believe that there's any reason to beat around the bush.

In this particular situation, our past pattern has shown that we aren't going to dump (or trade, particularly due to the likely market that Mallett would currently command) our veteran backup until our "new" rookie has had some time to digest the large, encyclopedia like playbook, along with many other variables that go along with attempting to acclimate one's self into our team/lockerroom, film study, practice habits, etc. Typically this takes a full year, however there was one time in 2009 when prior year's 3rd round pick Kevin O'Connell looked so pathetic that Belichick was comfortable enough rolling the dice with new rookie Brian Hoyer. Obviously, that is not the norm in these situations.

It's quite possible that Bill Belichick either feels that he wants to have Mallett here on his cheap, rookie deal in the meantime until JG is ready next year, and/or he's well aware of the current market value for Ryan Mallett and feels that it simply isn't worth it. In that sense, there's absolutely no competitive advantage to be gained.

View attachment 6596

There are BB mumblings. And there are definitive statements, for BB, that everyone ignores.

BB has steadfastly ignored trade sugestions for Mallett for several years. He has also said a contender needs a competent and qualified Backup QB. Wishing it were otherwise the Draftnik idiots choose to interpret that non-Sherman-esque refusal as an outright lie.

Merely so they can propose a draft of their latest 'find' from Okeefenokee U, who makes up for being small, by being slow, and talentless.

While I agree with the general thought that Belichick can thrown out poor information, he is also candid with certain things when he wants to be, especially if he doesn't believe that there's any reason to beat around the bush.

In this particular situation, our past pattern has shown that we aren't going to dump (or trade, particularly due to the likely market that Mallett would currently command) our veteran backup until our "new" rookie has had some time to digest the large, encyclopedia like playbook, along with many other variables that go along with attempting to acclimate one's self into our team/lockerroom, film study, practice habits, etc. Typically this takes a full year, however there was one time in 2009 when prior year's 3rd round pick Kevin O'Connell looked so pathetic that Belichick was comfortable enough rolling the dice with new rookie Brian Hoyer. Obviously, that is not the norm in these situations.

It's quite possible that Bill Belichick either feels that he wants to have Mallett here on his cheap, rookie deal in the meantime until JG is ready next year, and/or he's well aware of the current market value for Ryan Mallett and feels that it simply isn't worth it. In that sense, there's absolutely no competitive advantage to be gained.

Bingo! We have Bingo.

Belichick know that being too definitive can come back and bite you. In the case of a backup QB, he is as definitive as he can be. Paraphrasing, 'I got a great QB and a good, qualified Backup QB, on the cheap for a Super Bowl run. There is almost no situation, in which I would be interested in changing that.'

Left unsaid is ...'Plus I don't have the CAP room to replace him, even if you gave me a First Round pick.'

He also knows that what CAP he has, is barely adequate to sign the couple of more vets he feels he needs at reserve TE and/or LB.

V9N6819.gif

I think this .gif slightly better in regards to you making your point.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back