PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick not give Tom enough credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bill Belichick surprisingly unimpressed with his QB, downplays Tom Brady hand injury

I don't necessarily feel this way.. But When asked about Dola (who was totally awesome) Belichick does seem to fawn all over him on and on (as much as Belichick ever could anyway)

And when asked about Tom's dealing with the tough hand situation, though he admits "Tom is a tough guy we all know that", he really does kind of belittle it.

That in and of itself is no big deal to me, its his way, except that he really did just fawn all over Dola, eventually stating that if you looked in the dictionary for "football player" there would be a picture of Dola..

Sincerely wondering what folks think..

I think Belichick realizes Brady will be getting more than his share of fellatio from us fans, the media, and maybe even his wife (though I think marriage usually ends that).

Bill is about team. Will he over-compliment players who aren't GOAT? Sure. But it's team with him. I'm sure he knows Brady doesn't need his fawning over him.

Their post game hug seemed pretty genuine, did it not?

#Fakenews.

Agreed however regarding postgame hug.

Has Belichick not fawned over Brady before? Maybe, just maybe he was making a snide remark about the "not open heart surgery" as a jab to the media for acting like lunatics all week.

They seemed to be fawning over each other on the field after the game...

I think BB knows what we all know. Brady is the GOAT.

Think about this for a second: from the entire Patriots offense, over the last 17 years, who makes the hall of fame? Not Pats HOF but the NFL HOF. Brady and Gronk? Who else?

I wouldn't say he belittled the cut, he just downplayed it in his way. Brady did the same, making it clear it wasn't nearly as big of an issue has was reported or as they thought it might be mid week.

As for Amendola he is exactly what Belichick looks for in a player. He has had two very good games in a row, and has consistently stepped up on 3rd downs and in big games. He plays special teams and is extremely reliable. On top of that he has taken pay cuts commensurate with his role to stay on the team. These are all things players do that Belichick gives recognition to. There shouldn't be any surprise Belichick holds him in high regard, and then he had a monster night.

I think BB knows what we all know. Brady is the GOAT.

Think about this for a second: from the entire Patriots offense, over the last 17 years, who makes the hall of fame? Not Pats HOF but the NFL HOF. Brady and Gronk? Who else?

Randy Moss

Th "heart surgery" bit was clearly a dig at the breathless media coverage, not at the ageless quarterback who just took the team to the Superbowl. But whateva.

Th "heart surgery" bit was clearly a dig at the breathless media coverage, not at the ageless quarterback who just took the team to the Superbowl. But whateva.
Yeah, I didn't see it coming.....BB breaks off his love affair with the media.

908486474-e1516585463992.jpg

I saw it and had another reaction. Belichick is always reticent to discuss injuries. There is no upside in disclosing anything more to the media than absolutely necessary. Besides, right after the final whistle you can see the raw emotion. He knows who won the game for him.

Last edited:

Exactly. Bill was ragging on the media with those comments.

Brady did the same, making it clear it wasn't nearly as big of an issue has was reported or as they thought it might be mid week
Brady actually opened up about with A LOT more detail than I would have expected, including stating that on Wednesday he really did not know if he could play the game.... still was concerned about playing Thursday, felt some hope Saturday, was able to do more, etc.

I was stunned he gave so much info about it.

One of the great lines by BB.
LOL

I believe the most under-rated aspect of the Pats is toughness.
This is missed across the board, by mediots, fans and even some players.
The Jags thought they could intimidate the Pats by being chatty;
Then come to Gillette and try to punk them.

Tom is regarded as "soft""whiny" "Dink and Dunk","Pretty boy" etc.
This prevailing idiocy gets projected on to the team. etc.
Pats discipline, lack of mistakes is today used as proof the
Refs are out to protect them.

Wrong, wronger, wrongest.
They miss the toughness.
From the top.

Exactly. Bill was ragging on the media with those comments.

Seemed pretty clear to me as well. Every motion Brady made in the pregame was analyzed like it was the Zapruder film. It was ridiculous and BB called them on it.

Thank ****ersham for the constant barrage of "he hates his coach".

908486474-e1516585463992.jpg
I saw it and had another reaction. Belichick is always reticent to discuss injuries. There is not upside in disclosing anything more to the media than absolutely necessary. Besides, right after the final whistle you can see the raw emotion. He knows who won the game for him.
That embrace told me that if there has been a couple of issues in the organization this season, that the Brady/Belichick stuff is a huge exaggeration. I hardly think there is any real animosity between those two specifically.

In response to OP, Brady doesn't need additional accolades from Belichick. Belichick knows he gets most of the attention and would rather focus on praising the other guys. The open heart surgery comment was a jab at the media. He has said a lot of times "no QB I'd rather have".

Hand injuries can be disconcerting and shocking when they first happen. Its completely understandable if Brady assumed the worst at the onset.

The take away for me was how forthcoming the team and Brady were with the injury. As it turns out, the "we'll see" comment was 100% candid as was the glove and his practice status. As far as i can tell, there were absolutely no mind games being played here despite what many of the national knuckleheads were saying.

Last edited:
I think if dbags sport writers didn't write stupid pieces on ESPN that the entire country takes as gospel , then nobody would give it a second thought. Just one fake article and everybody doubts everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes