PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Has Nothing to Say About Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being Sean Me Boy, I'd guess it might be because those 3 miscreants cited did not exhibit several years of sociopathic behaviour. Just my guess.

You'd best read up on Moss and Dillon (especially Dillon) if you think that. 2 out of 3.....

Furthermore, and not aiming this at you....

Sociopath:

a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

It's really a generic term that can be applied to damn near every criminal in history, and to most people in general, at certain times of the day/week/month.

You'd best read up on Moss and Dillon (especially Dillon) if you think that. 2 out of 3.....

Furthermore, and not aiming this at you....

Sociopath:

It's really a generic term that can be applied to damn near every criminal in history, and to most people in general, at certain times of the day/week/month.

Moss and Dillon had issues since grade school. Moss beat down some dude in H.S. (probably justifiably), and Dillon absolutely terrorized the city of Seattle when he was living there and at U-Dub.

Coach just cares about one thing - how will they impact the locker room and results on the field - period. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, and he sure as heck doesn't care what happens off the field, so long as there isn't an impact on the field. Haven't we known him long enough to realize that?

Moss and Dillon had issues since grade school. Moss beat down some dude in H.S. (probably justifiably), and Dillon absolutely terrorized the city of Seattle when he was living there and at U-Dub.

Coach just cares about one thing - how will they impact the locker room and results on the field - period. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, and he sure as heck doesn't care what happens off the field, so long as there isn't an impact on the field. Haven't we known him long enough to realize that?

Obviously not, as you can see by reading all the Vick threads. I do think you're going too far with the "he sure as heck doesn't care what happens off the field" part, though. I expect that he looks at it pretty much the same way as he looks at everything else, and breaks it down to 'value' via a risk/reward assessment.

Obviously not, as you can see by reading all the Vick threads. I do think you're going too far with the "he sure as heck doesn't care what happens off the field" part, though. I expect that he looks at it pretty much the same way as he looks at everything else, and breaks it down to 'value' via a risk/reward assessment.

I agree with you - risk v reward. Just kinda shocked that people are shocked that it could happen. Doesn't surprise me at all...

Last edited:
This is like the Stephon Marbury situation with the Celtics, the odds of Vick hurting the team are remotely low---especially knowing how strong the locker room presences are. At this point if Vick comes to NE, he'll be a shy, polite, island who is merely happy to be back in the game. I love the Wildcat idea or a 4th WR option. Why not roll the dice, sign him to a 2 yr contract at the nfl minimum salary(nfl contracts aint guaranteed anyway no worries) and then trade him to OAK for a couple of high picks next offseason. Signing him to one year is fine too, but you lose out on the trade idea.

Last edited:
They signed Dillon and Moss, and kept Ty "It was my cousin's" Law around. Why are you still a fan?

No comparison, You have no clue do , You always look for a argument.. What this guy has done ,is deplourable.. But that is who you are.. .

Not being Sean Me Boy, I'd guess it might be because those 3 miscreants cited did not exhibit several years of sociopathic behaviour. Just my guess.

Exactly, but Deus is god, he never thinks nothing is wrong...:rolleyes:

Exactly, but Deus is god, he never thinks nothing is wrong...:rolleyes:

Well, I certainly think your sentence structure is wrong here, given what believe you are trying to convey. ;)

However, 'right' and 'wrong' have nothing to do with the Vick situation now. He served a prison sentence for actions that society, through the legislative branch, has deemed unacceptable. However, that sentence is now complete and he's now back in society. As such, he needs to find a way to make a living so that he's not on the public dole. Even a stick in the mud of an Ommissioner like Goodell has given him conditional reinstatement, and he's been a hardass about pretty much every indiscretion since he assumed the NFL throne. Vick's career is that of a professional football player and, if some team decides that they want him to play for them, I figure that's their call, not mine.

Last edited:
Well, I certainly think your sentence structure is wrong here, given what believe you are trying to convey. ;)

However, 'right' and 'wrong' have nothing to do with the Vick situation now. He served a prison sentence for actions that society, through the legislative branch, has deemed unacceptable. However, that sentence is now complete and he's now back in society. As such, he needs to find a way to make a living so that he's not on the public dole. Even a stick in the mud of an Ommissioner like Goodell has given him conditional reinstatement, and he's been a hardass about pretty much every indiscretion since he assumed the NFL throne. Vick's career is that of a professional football player and, if some team decides that they want him to play for them, I figure that's their call, not mine.

That I agree with you , he deserves a second chance.. I have no problem with that.. But that said , He is not that good.. I also think he is someone that will not change , no matter who is his mentor.. What more does he bring to the table then what we have now.. We need more help at OLB, then some guy who will give us gimmick plays 6 plays a game...

Sociopath: a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

This really has nothing to do with the conversation, since we really have no idea if Vick is really a psychopath, but... you forgot the concept of "chronic."

A psychopath, and thus a sociopath, chronically and compulsively engages in antisocial and amoral behavior because they have no conscience or inter-personal perception. Thus they have no empathy. It is not a condition where they sometimes feel a little more "medieval" then most people. They constantly experience emotions differently or not at all, and therefore don't and cannot understand others' pain, anger, fear, happiness, etc.

It is not something that can be said of every criminal or most people. It is recognized as insanity / mental disability and thus only affects a small percent of people. Just what percentage is still a matter of debate, given that psychopaths are supposed to be able to adapt to and hide from the sane world around them by Pavlovian cues / learned behavior.

As a brief aside going back to the original subject .... happened to turn on bspn tonight (I know, not an intelligent decision) to see what they would say on NFL Live about the first day of Pats training camp. Of course "what team is Vick going to" was one of their major stories as well.

Anyways I found myself shaking my head in amusement as to their current rationale as to why Vick could end up with the Pats. Essentially they come to the conclusion that because the Pats have not publicly stated that they are not interested while 21 other teams have come out and said they would not sign Vick, that the Pats are one of eleven teams that will sign him. Then they said five or six teams were eliminated for another reason (sorry, I don't recall the reason), leaving the Pats as one of the primary landing spots.

Of course they also did not discuss the possibility that nobody would sign him - probably because they don't have anew Favre story to fall back on for at least a week or so, and they certainly don't want to talk about Ben Roethlisberger.

In other words, according to bspn because the Pats have not publicly stated they will not sign Vick, that now means they most likely will sign Vick.

Wow.

This really has nothing to do with the conversation, since we really have no idea if Vick is really a psychopath, but... you forgot the concept of "chronic."

A psychopath, and thus a sociopath, chronically and compulsively engages in antisocial and amoral behavior because they have no conscience or inter-personal perception. Thus they have no empathy. It is not a condition where they sometimes feel a little more "medieval" then most people. They constantly experience emotions differently or not at all, and therefore don't and cannot understand others' pain, anger, fear, happiness, etc.

It is not something that can be said of every criminal or most people. It is recognized as insanity / mental disability and thus only affects a small percent of people. Just what percentage is still a matter of debate, given that psychopaths are supposed to be able to adapt to and hide from the sane world around them by Pavlovian cues / learned behavior.

Yes, a 'true' sociopath (not actually the same as a psychopath, although the terms are often used interchangeably) is something worth looking at in a clinical setting. People here, however, are not using it after a detailed psychoanalysis. They're using it in the generic sense. Much like "idiot" and "moron", the words have been co-opted into the lexicon to mean something that is not necessarily the actual, psychological, definition.

Last edited:
Belichick is the best in the business at saying nothing.

Has he ever even remotely slipped up while with the Patriots?

Michael Vick is not a very good football player. As a matter of fact I would go as far as saying he is the most overrated player in all of pro sports. What is the fascination with this guy?

I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't root for a low life like Vick. I'm not saying he shouldn't be given the oppritunity to earn a living in the NFL, but I will not root for him... Even if he were to land with the Patriots.

Last edited:
u kno prison actually changes most people right... 2 years away from family and friends actually has a affect on some people... just sayin, dont be to quick to judge, the man just got out... how bout if u give him a few months before u continue to criticize... this post is not to any particular person, just in general...

Read between the lines, people!

Michael is an outstanding player, hasn’t played in a couple of years,” Belichick told reporters Thursday. “But right now, our focus is on our team and our players and trying to get the New England Patriots ready and so that’s really where my attention’s been. ”

:eek: Expect Vick's signing to be announced by 7:26 pm ET

u kno prison actually changes most people right... 2 years away from family and friends actually has a affect on some people... just sayin, dont be to quick to judge, the man just got out... how bout if u give him a few months before u continue to criticize... this post is not to any particular person, just in general...

Statistical evidence would not appear to back you up. More than 2/3rds of inmates convicted of serious crimes commit another within the first three years following release. Of course most of them don't have an NFL career and NFL mentors to return to. But then again most of them didn't already have that when they committed their initial offenses...

Not that I believe it'll happen, but I can see the Pats having an interest in him. If for no other reason, to parlay him into a pick or two prior to the draft next year.

Sign him to a 2yr deal for chump change. Let him play in the last two preseason games (dang, I might even go to the giants game if that happened), and make teams wary of the added wrinkle he'd bring to the offense.

I don't see him ever taking snaps from Brady. However, I could see him in the backfield at the same time as Brady.

I doubt it'll ever happen, but he'd be a nice option as the 3rd qb (sorry Gute!).

Yes, a 'true' sociopath (not actually the same as a psychopath, although the terms are often used interchangeably) is something worth looking at in a clinical setting. People here, however, are not using it after a detailed psychoanalysis. They're using it in the generic sense. Much like "idiot" and "moron", the words have been co-opted into the lexicon to mean something that is not necessarily the actual, psychological, definition.

I mean sociopath in the true scientific (sic) DSM case, and not psycopath in Vick's case. The evidence that he over a period of years mutilated and tortured dogs, something a typical person could not do, especially on a recurring basis clearly demonstrates that he had absolutely no empathy towards those creatures. Sociopathic behaviour often manifests early in abberant behaviour involving mutilating and torturing animals. Typically, sociopaths are above normal in intelligence, which unfortunately argues against my point in Vick's instance.

I'm not a dog person and I'm as far from PETA as you could get. Stick a fork in me for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes