PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick at Lowell High Alumni Golf Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoodie said:
A while back there was an article from Florida about BB's visit to the Gators and the reporter talked about his ugly Hawaiian shirt?

I hope this is the same shirt and there's not another one lurking somewhere in his closet.

HAHA!! I remember you sent that to me!!! Do you still have the link? If you do, please post it. It is hilarious!!! The reporter was talking about how he recognized BB's voice but could not "see" him because that shirt was sooooo loud! HugeCrush and I laughed and laughed!

I'm thinking the shirt was a Father's Day gift he felt he had to wear-if you look at the picture it looks like maybe his youngest son is standing behind him? I really can't reconcile someone so seemingly mild mannered wearing a "LOOK AT ME!" shirt.

Bill's Girl said:
Yeah.....hopefully that shirt is a one of a kind! As my niece would say, "ewwwww!"

Hoodie said:
A while back there was an article from Florida about BB's visit to the Gators and the reporter talked about his ugly Hawaiian shirt?

I hope this is the same shirt and there's not another one lurking somewhere in his closet.

patsacolachick said:
I'm thinking the shirt was a Father's Day gift he felt he had to wear-if you look at the picture it looks like maybe his youngest son is standing behind him? I really can't reconcile someone so seemingly mild mannered wearing a "LOOK AT ME!" shirt.

Listen, ladies, I love Bill Belichick too (though not in that way ;) ) but when it comes to crimes against fashion he is a serial offender:

Belichick3.jpg

I know that love is blind, but this guy is colour-blind! :D

Mike the Brit said:
Listen, ladies, I love Bill Belichick too (though not in that way ;) ) but when it comes to crimes against fashion he is a serial offender:

Belichick3.jpg

So not fair Mike. That was his Bill Cosby look. Remember how everyone copied his sweaters. I'll bet there is a picture of you out there somewhere in bell bottoms or even worse -- skinny jeans, nose ring and mohawk.:)

Bill's Girl said:
HAHA!! I remember you sent that to me!!! Do you still have the link? If you do, please post it. It is hilarious!!! The reporter was talking about how he recognized BB's voice but could not "see" him because that shirt was sooooo loud! HugeCrush and I laughed and laughed!

Ask and you shall receive.

Getting Wind Of Draft
By ANDY STAPLES
Published: Apr 25, 2006
GAINESVILLE - For someone wearing such a hideous Hawaiian shirt, the guy certainly commanded respect.
He stood beneath a goal post at Florida Field on March 14. Former University of Florida defensive starters Jeremy Mincey, Jarvis Herring and Vernell Brown clung to each word tumbling past the collar of a shirt that resembled a tablecloth the wait staff at Trader Vic's threw away in 1983.
Though temporarily blinded by the man's shirt, I noticed something familiar about his voice. As he explained a drill to the players, I placed the sound.
That's Bill Belichick.
Maybe Albert Einstein wore garish Hawaiian shirts to the lab. Maybe it's a genius thing.
Then another thought struck. One or more of those three guys is going to be a New England Patriot. My guess is that Mincey will get the call during this weekend's NFL draft, because it makes too much sense.
The Patriots have won three Super Bowls in this young century, and they've done it by stocking their roster with players who embrace the team concept. And with the exception of last year, Belichick and his staff primarily have drafted players who starred for power conference schools.
Given those variables, any of the three would fit. Unfortunately, Brown's size probably will keep teams from drafting him. The cornerback likely will have to sign as a free agent, after which he probably will wow some lucky team during training camp.
Herring, a safety, also might be the victim of a deep draft, but some team - possibly the Patriots, who suffered from a lack of secondary depth last season - should grab him in the later rounds.
That leaves Mincey, a defensive end who did nothing but work hard for two seasons at Florida after transferring from junior college. Think back to the past two seasons. Do you ever remember Mincey playing a bad game? Do you ever remember him overpursuing? Do you ever remember him being out of position?
Sounds like the Patriots' kind of player. During their streak of three Super Bowl wins in four years, they never won flashy. They ground down opponents with efficient offense and smothering defense. Mincey never stops trying to smother his opponents.
Mincey likely will be available Sunday to any team wise enough to select him. Draft analysts have predicted he'll be picked in the fourth or fifth round. The Patriots have two fourth-round picks, one fifth-rounder and three sixth-rounders this year.
Of course, I could be completely wrong. That's the fun part of writing stories five days before the draft. But now that I've regained my sight following my encounter with Belichick's shirt, I see Mincey in a Patriots uniform in the fall.

Mike the Brit said:

Belichick3.jpg

OMG......I have seen this one before and you are so right Mike!! As much as I like him, I would not be caught DEAD with him if he had this get up on. He looks like a psychadelic fisherman!

Bill's Girl said:
OMG......I have seen this one before and you are so right Mike!! As much as I like him, I would not be caught DEAD with him if he had this get up on. He looks like a psychadelic fisherman!

I particularly like the addition of the vest. It's just a little bit cowboy.:p

Okay, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that is just bad. Where is his wife when he is getting dressed?????

Hoodie said:
I particularly like the addition of the vest. It's just a little bit cowboy.:p

The vest reminded me of the fishing vest my dad wears with his lures and stuff stuck to the front of it.....

patsacolachick, perhaps his wife bought it for him and she is color blind too?? Maybe he wore it because he lost a bet? Perhaps his choice was wear the sweater or scrub the toilet? :D

Bill's Girl said:
He looks like a psychadelic fisherman!

:rofl: That's right. Camouflage -- if the fish is on LSD!

"Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies ..."

Last edited:
Hoodie said:
So not fair Mike. That was his Bill Cosby look. Remember how everyone copied his sweaters. I'll bet there is a picture of you out there somewhere in bell bottoms or even worse -- skinny jeans, nose ring and mohawk.:)

Well no, I can't remember Bill Cosby being a fashion god around these parts.

It's true, I had loon pants, a moroccan collarless shirt and desert army sunglasses -- I looked adorable. ;) But that was in 1973. This picture was taken in 2001 (although I wouldn't be surprised if BB had hung onto that sweater since 1973 ... :) )

The only thing that I can say in mitigation is: have a look at the original photo. It clearly wasn't exactly a dressy scene -- it's arguable that Bill has the least worst shirt of the three.

Hoodie said:
He stood beneath a goal post at Florida Field on March 14. Former University of Florida defensive starters Jeremy Mincey, Jarvis Herring and Vernell Brown clung to each word tumbling past the collar of a shirt that resembled a tablecloth the wait staff at Trader Vic's threw away in 1983...

Then another thought struck. One or more of those three guys is going to be a New England Patriot. My guess is that Mincey will get the call during this weekend's NFL draft, because it makes too much sense...

... Given those variables, any of the three would fit. Unfortunately, Brown's size probably will keep teams from drafting him. The cornerback likely will have to sign as a free agent, after which he probably will wow some lucky team during training camp...

...That leaves Mincey, a defensive end who did nothing but work hard for two seasons at Florida after transferring from junior college. Think back to the past two seasons. Do you ever remember Mincey playing a bad game? Do you ever remember him overpursuing? Do you ever remember him being out of position?
Sounds like the Patriots' kind of player. During their streak of three Super Bowl wins in four years, they never won flashy. They ground down opponents with efficient offense and smothering defense. Mincey never stops trying to smother his opponents.
Mincey likely will be available Sunday to any team wise enough to select him. Draft analysts have predicted he'll be picked in the fourth or fifth round. The Patriots have two fourth-round picks, one fifth-rounder and three sixth-rounders this year.
Of course, I could be completely wrong. That's the fun part of writing stories five days before the draft. But now that I've regained my sight following my encounter with Belichick's shirt, I see Mincey in a Patriots uniform in the fall.

OK, Andy Staples, you have now officially joined my (very short) list of football reporters I admire.

(1) That is a great simile for the shirt

(2) You spotted what the Pats might do in the draft with a much higher degree of accuracy than most draftniks

(3) You have the humility to admit that what you're saying is just a guess

Thanks for posting, Hoodie.

[Edit: my bad. The Patriots also signed Jarvis Herring: "Herring, a safety, also might be the victim of a deep draft, but some team - possibly the Patriots, who suffered from a lack of secondary depth last season - should grab him in the later rounds."

So that's 100 per cent on your Patriots draft predictions, Mr Staples. Do you have any tips on lottery numbers?]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference