PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard:Pats sources: Strong statements by NFL officials left out of Wells report

Status
Not open for further replies.
This line from the article gets me:
The one thing no one is talking about is nowhere in the Wells report states the PSI of the intercepted ball. It was brushed aside and said they didn't measure it because the Colts had measured it. But there is no statement of what the Colts said the PSI was.

Before the Wells report people wanted to know if the intercepted ball was much lower than the other balls. It was a big theme in the media. After the Wells report and we never even got that information, no one even cares. I have never heard one person in the media even bring it up.

Wells would probably say that it didn't matter because the other 11 balls measured less than 12.5 psi even accounting for the IGL differential. But I think that information goes to motivation. Of course, I don't trust any Colts' testimony anyway. I think this was a setup with Kensil and maybe Harbaugh.

I'd go one further than no ties to the Jets/Colts etc and bring in someone with no ties to the NFL at all.

In Britain is pretty common for the sporting governing bodies to bring in outside people to run the game (the FA for example brought in the former director general of the BBC).
Agreed. If you were to bring in a fmr CEO of a highly successful F500 company you would not have this childish, vendetta-based behavior on Park Avenue. It would be run like a mature, operationally efficient well-oiled machine.

The NFL is too big for another Tagliabue or an inexperienced hack like Goodell.

They need grown-ups in that office. People that see beyond how much air is in a football.

I keep coming back to how hypocritical the NFL was in this instance. "Integrity of the Game" is what we've all heard spewed from Der Fuher's mouth. What they allowed to happen was the farthest thing from it.

The simple fact that the Colts expressed concern over the inflation levels of the balls (something we still definitively don't know how/why was surfaced in the first place) and the league - knowingly ALLOWED play when there was suspicion that the balls were not up to code. I get the part that they wanted to nail the Pats in the act but to allow a conference title game to be played under uncertain circumstances is just amazing. What if the balls really were manipulated and they allowed play? Just asinine. Selfish. Stupid.....

And if you believe in conspiracy theories, I think Wells provided council to Goody and the Exec Office on how to catch the Pats (need evidence) and the Colts organization was part of the plan. Grigson, Pagano, and the Colts equip staff went into that game with the intention of aiding the league in collecting evidence which ultimately was intended to destroy the credibility of another NFL team.

It blows my mind. Incredible.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe BB will take this silently like he did Spygate. I could see if it was Week 2 of the regular season him opting to shut up. But they cancelled media sessions tomorrow for a reason. It's war mode.

At the end of the day, BB's focus is to expend every molecule in his body on an activity that is purposed to help the NEP win football games. Think about that.

Does going after the NFL Exec Office and exposing them for the frauds that they are aid that cause? Check

Does going after Kensil and exposing him for the fraud he is aid that cause? Check

Does helping TB12 overturn this ridiculous suspension aid him in that cause? Check

I'm not sure how visible he will be as he already is a lightening rod for criticism but I have no doubt in my mind he will help Kraft and TB12 any way he can.

Kraft made part of this mess by dealing with the TV rights and Players CBA, all things Goodell should have been capable of handling. Kraft and others have done the real heavy lifting which lead to $s. Roger unfortunately only has disciplining which he constantly gets wrong.

This has been a bag job from the start.

Concerns arose during the November game in Indy, yet the NFL lets this all play out and then in the second biggest day of the 2014 season decides to pull a sting?

It never was about preserving the integrity of the game. How could it be when the NFL allowed the potential for suspected nefarious activity to transpire for several weeks following their initial suspicions?

This is about a group of highly jealous and bitter Park Avenue thugs who are 1) fed up with the New England Patriots and their continued defiance of the parity principle and 2) motivated by revenge against the coach who left their beloved New York Jets for the hated division rival and unparalleled success that should have been theirs.

I feel (and hope) that this is what starts to trickle out of Foxboro over the coming days, because at this point, there is nothing else to lose after the epic travesty perpetrated against he New England Patriots yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back