PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest "Deflategate" article gets it wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Still plenty of air in 'Deflategate' court case

About 2/3 of the way down the article they state the following:

"A four-time Super Bowl champion and two-time league MVP, Brady was suspended four games. The Patriots were docked $1 million and two draft picks after an NFL investigation found the team guilty of intentionally underinflating footballs used in the 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Jan 18, 2015. Brady was found to be "at least generally aware" of the scheme."​

The TEAM was not found guilty of intentionally underinflating footballs. The TEAM was cleared of any wrong doing by the Wells report. The Wells report said that McNally and Jastremski intentionally let air out of the balls after they had been checked by the Officials.

While Brady was found to be "at least generally aware", Goodell has since double and triple downed on this by saying that Brady was the mastermind behind the "scheme".

I've posted this before and I'll repeat it. There are many on this board who are better informed on this travesty than many sportswriters, owners, supposed NFL insiders...and a few Federal judges ( more likely, their clerks) as well based on their written decision. For some it is the science ( Palm beach, zydecoChris), for some it is the law (Quantum, Patsfan since 74 and others) but looking at it in the totality, we quickly recognize mistakes in facts when presented incorrectly/falsely.

I don't think this will fly, but wish it was admissible.

Goodell's record of questionable rulings keeps on growing as DeflateGate continues.....CTE, Ray Rice, BountyGate...... a record of punishments that don't fit the crime, or taking a pass.

I'd love for a court to say the commissioner is an incompetent arbitrator.

"A four-time Super Bowl champion and two-time league MVP, Brady was suspended four games. The Patriots were docked $1 million and two draft picks after an NFL investigation found the team guilty of intentionally underinflating footballs used in the 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Jan 18, 2015. Brady was found to be "at least generally aware" of the scheme."

The TEAM was not found guilty of intentionally underinflating footballs. The TEAM was cleared of any wrong doing by the Wells report. The Wells report said that McNally and Jastremski intentionally let air out of the balls after they had been checked by the Officials.

While Brady was found to be "at least generally aware", Goodell has since double and triple downed on this by saying that Brady was the mastermind behind the "scheme".

Be thankful that they got the "NFL investigation" right rather than "independent investigation".....

Did you happen to hear of the Jim Breuer interview on SI.com yesterday? Talk about ludicrous...

We really outta stop re posting garbage articles here, they don't deserve it. Give those clicks to Curran and Reiss.

Did you happen to hear of the Jim Breuer interview on SI.com yesterday? Talk about ludicrous...

Who TF is this guy?

WARNING: RANT

We are 500 days into this now.

Doesn't anybody pay f-ing attention anymore?

God forbid people do a fact review before writing an article that has the same worth as the Quilted Northern in my throne-room.

WARNING: RANT

We are 500 days into this now.

Doesn't anybody pay f-ing attention anymore?

God forbid people do a fact review before writing an article that has the same worth as the Quilted Northern in my throne-room.

I'M JUST MAD
MAD
DID YOU HEAR THAT?
NEXT TIME I SEE GOODELL ON THE TUBE I'M GONNA BLAST HIM WITH A SHOTGUN
AGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M JUST MAD
MAD
DID YOU HEAR THAT?
NEXT TIME I SEE GOODELL ON THE TUBE I'M GONNA BLAST HIM WITH A SHOTGUN
AGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So freaking frustrating....

I've posted this before and I'll repeat it. There are many on this board who are better informed on this travesty than many sportswriters, owners, supposed NFL insiders...and a few Federal judges ( more likely, their clerks) as well based on their written decision. For some it is the science ( Palm beach, zydecoChris), for some it is the law (Quantum, Patsfan since 74 and others) but looking at it in the totality, we quickly recognize mistakes in facts when presented incorrectly/falsely.

Its pathetic. I'm for sure on the lower end of knowledge on the entire scope of this issue but I have read TWR & TWRIC which I swear to Christ 95% of these mediots never read or don't comprehend.

Probably the narrative the NFL is telling people to start repeating. Say it often enough and the gullible masses will believe (for those that don't already want to believe).

"A four-time Super Bowl champion and two-time league MVP, Brady was suspended four games. The Patriots were docked $1 million and two draft picks after an NFL investigation found the team guilty of intentionally underinflating footballs used in the 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Jan 18, 2015. Brady was found to be "at least generally aware" of the scheme."

Gets it wrong or purposely spreading misinformation to continue fanning the flames?

Who TF is this guy?
half-baked.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes