PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beat the Jets: Just win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

onegameatatime

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I think the worst thing the Pats can do is change their approach to try to rub it in or humiliate the Jets. Just play the game, and let's walk out with a solid 40-10 kind of win.

I do not think they will do much different -- maybe a few little things -- but I hear crazy talk in the media, like about getting out of bounds to lengthen the game.

Anyone have thoughts on what they should do differently, if anything? I say just win like any other game 00 let that be the statement.

BB doesn't give a crap about doing anything other than winning the game. If he can humiliate, he will, but priority one will be to win, so I think you needn't worry. If the fans were coaching, maybe, but BB doesn't think like a fan.

Good post, I agree completely. The only thing that I can see the Pats doing different this week would be not letting up at all during the second half, no matter the score. They're not gonna throw 80 passes in a row because they want to score on every play, they're not gonna be stopping the clock in the 1st to score more points, they won't be kicking onside kicks, going for two on every TD, etc. etc, this is the NFL, not Madden 2007. It's mostly just media hype, trying to make the game seem like more than it really is.

Although I don't expect a 40-10 game. I think the Patriots will play their hearts out for their coach, we saw how they reacted at the end of the 2nd game of the season.

Dominance, but nothing different this week, except we'll see it for 4 quarters instead of 2 or 3. 63-10 Pats.

Last edited:
Truth is Priority #1 is getting out of the game healthy.
#2 is a victory and Home Field Advantage
#3 is Revenge, and Stats

I think we will get ALL 3.
But a running game would actually be the best way to get this as both NYRats and Dollfins are weaker against the Run.

I would love to see Belichick give Mangini a wrapped present of a camcorder before the game.

Belichick should give him a Christmas present, "Football for dummies".

Last edited:
77-0 baby. Break the records Sunday.

I just don't see the blow out happening. The weather may be bad. The Jets have been playing well lately at least on defense. They held the Browns high powered attack to only 24 points. Look for a 10-17 point win. I don't see the Pats covering the 25 point spread. Nor do I care. Just win and secure HFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back