PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB responds to chad johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. It puts a big smile on my face that BB thinks Chad is a lot of fun as well. I like the good-natured ribbing.

Responding to Johnson's request to cover him one-on-one, Belichick said: "Tell him that we'd cover him one-on-one all the time but he pushes off more than any receiver in the league. He must be paying off the officials not to call it, so we're going to have to double-cover him some, not that he can get open. As much as he pushes off, we have to do something to protect ourselves."
Belichick was smiling as he delivered those words, then finished by saying: "He's a great player."
Belichick called Johnson "a good guy" and noted that the two have spent time together.
"He's an entertaining kid," Belichick said. "He has a good sense of humor. It sounds like he was poking fun at us, and that's OK."
Belichick then relayed a story about how he worked Johnson out prior to the 2001 draft on USC's campus, and Johnson proudly drove onto campus with his Oregon State flag on the car.

LMAO BB is my Idol :rocker:

That's a pretty out-right funny joke by our often 'deadpan' head coach. I love it.

I'm sure Chad Johnson is laughing at that one too.

LOL. BB is a master trash talker, goes right for the jugular.

BB makes joke at press conference???

That explains why that cow flew bye my window.;)

PATSNUTme said:

Aw, NUT, you know he jokes...it's just that they're usually dry and delivered in such a deadpan way, no one is really sure whether or not he is actually joking.

PATSNUTme said:

dude - what planet are you from?
that was a pig, not a cow!
a cow?
yikes - you really are nuts.

it's 'when pigs fly'.
get with the program.
cows.
sheesh.

I hope we are all still laughing after Sunday.

Good to see he's laughing, I worry about our Bill. Wouldn't you just love to have Chad Johnson on the Pats?

It looks like Bill and Chad Johnson have a good relationship. I think a lot of people interpret Chad's comments as unsportsmanlike, classless, or disrespectful but he's just a jokester who likes to be "out there" and have fun. This is in no way like the Freddie Mitchell comments and Harrison and Belichick show that.

This was classic by Rodney:

Then Harrison explained his thoughts on Johnson's remarks, tongue in cheek.

"This is kind of similar to the Freddie Mitchell gig, but Chad is not on that level of receiver," Harrison said. "He's not as good as Freddie."

That led to some laughter around Harrison's locker.

Gotta love BB:rocker:

Bella*chick said:
Thanks for posting. It puts a big smile on my face that BB thinks Chad is a lot of fun as well. I like the good-natured ribbing.

BB actually sounds like he LIKES Chad!

When does Johnson come up for Free Agency? We just might see him in Patriots' colors!

ADPF

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
BB actually sounds like he LIKES Chad!

When does Johnson come up for Free Agency? We just might see him in Patriots' colors!

ADPF

I just posted in the other thread that it sounded like a recruitment pitch to me. Hopefully he's sick of the Bengals Half-way house, and won't re-sign. Of course, they'll probably tag him, unless they need to use it on Carson or Rudi.

zippo59 said:
It looks like Bill and Chad Johnson have a good relationship. I think a lot of people interpret Chad's comments as unsportsmanlike, classless, or disrespectful but he's just a jokester who likes to be "out there" and have fun. This is in no way like the Freddie Mitchell comments and Harrison and Belichick show that.

Absolutely. I know many people don't like Chad, but for some reason, I just do, and it makes me feel reaffirmed when I read stuff lke BB's or Rodney's comments.

Good.....I Like Chad Jhonson,He's a big Receiver but...He's a Idiot person sometimes.

BB has a Stephen Wright type of delivery.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results