PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB ascending to the top of the ladder among all time coaching greats..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be noted that in both 2001 and 2003 the Pats defense rated in the mid 20's in total D.

It should be noted that you're being rude and that you've got your Facts wrong.

01 ~ The 2003 Patriots, as has been pointed out, were #1 in Defense in Points, the only # that matters.

02 ~ Even if you go by Yards ~ which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of: "Hey, they beat us 27-16, but we had 150 more Yards then them!! Yippee!! :rolleyes: ~ we finished #7, if this Site has its #'s right.

03 ~ Seriously: I know that those Drooling Idiots on TeleVision talk about Yards as if they matter, but does that mean that you have to? If Yards interest you, cool. They're interesting Statistics. But to wave them around like they hold precedent over Points, to just blindly ignore The ScoreBoard ~ and to describe the #1 Defense as being in the 20's because of a comparatively meaningless Statistic ~ is ludicrous. Last I heard, every single FootBall Game that's ever been played was won by the Team that scored the most Points, not Yards.

Last edited:

01 ~ The 2003 Patriots, as has been pointed out, were #1 in Defense in Points, the only # that matters.

02 ~ Even if you go by Yards ~ which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of: "Hey, they beat us 27-16, but we had 150 more Yards then them!! Yippee!! :rolleyes: ~ we finished #7, if this Site has its #'s right.

03 ~ Seriously: I know that those Drooling Idiots on TeleVision talk about Yards as if they matter, but does that mean that you have to? Last time I heard, every single FootBall Game that's ever been played was won by the Team that scored the most Points, not Yards.

Thanks Off The Grid for being On The Mark when it comes to the most useless stat of them all. I'm not a fantasy football player, but my guess is that that's behind all the yardage hype.

Point taken.

Yards allowed mean nothing to me.

It's all about 3rd down and red zone.

Remember Rodney and Ty Poole got hurt in the 2nd 1/2 vs CAR.

Exactly. A lot of folks seem to've already forgotten that our WaferThin Secondary had actually held those guys scoreless ~ and they, us!! ~ until almost HalfTime. Those Injuries transformed the Game immensely.

03 ~ Seriously: I know that those Drooling Idiots on TeleVision talk about Yards as if they matter, but does that mean that you have to? If Yards interest you, cool. They're interesting Statistics. But to wave them around like they hold precedent over Points, to just blindly ignore The ScoreBoard ~ and to describe the #1 Defense as being in the 20's because of a comparatively meaningless Statistic ~ is ludicrous. Last I heard, every single FootBall Game that's ever been played was won by the Team that scored the most Points, not Yards.

Thanks Off The Grid for being On The Mark when it comes to the most useless stat of them all. I'm not a fantasy football player, but my guess is that that's behind all the yardage hype.

Thank you, kind Sir, for your kind words!!
beer.gif

And I'm sure you're all too right about the cause!!
jester.gif

Point taken.

It's all about
[/QUOTE]
Point taken.

It's all about 3rd down and red zone.

Remember Rodney and Ty Poole got hurt in the 2nd 1/2 vs CAR.
Wasn't it Eugene Wilson who got hurt not Ty Poole? Unless you mean emotionally hurt when Steve smith repeatedly assaulted and embarrassed Poole after that moron spit in his face

Here's the actual breakdown of Shula's career QBs;

Scott Mitchell - 1 (filled in for Marino)
Earl Morrall - 2 (filled in for both Unitas and Griese once)
David Woodley - 3
Johnny Unitas - 6
Bob Griese - 9
Dan Marino -12
Total - 33 years

After winning one NFL title with Baltimore, he then won back to back SB's with Miami right after they were fined a 1st round pick and cash for cheating to get Shula to Miami (oh the irony). His team won two more AFC titles but never won anything else in his last 22 years, in spite of having Griese and Marino for most of those years.

I had no Idea!! Great stuff, Brother 1960!! :eek:

@Deflatemyballs

You were right...Wilson groin. Thought it was Poole w the groin.

Lost both safeties. That's disastrous. Miracle they won.

@Deflatemyballs

You were right...Wilson groin. Thought it was Poole w the groin.

Lost both safeties. That's disastrous. Miracle they won.
Those backups were awful....Shawn Mayer and..... I can't even recall who the other one was. They were both awful though

1. Since when does having an opinion reaches the level of being "rude" you need to choose your words more carefully

2. By carefully taking a single line out of context, you missed the point that I AGREE with your basic premise In fact if your every bothered to do a search of my posts here going back over a decade, you would find that long before you even graced this site with your ebullient presence , I have been preaching that scoring D and turnover ratio were the only defensive stats that mattered. Evidently you missed this part of the thread.

"You know I only point that out to aggravate those who think that every time a team gets a first down against us, or marches down the field,, it is NOT the end of the world"

3. I did err in my depiction of the 2003 team and mixed up the stats of the 2002 team. You were correct that team was 7th in total D and first in scoring.

4. 2011 is the textbook example of what WE preach - They were a team that was 5 total yds from being the WORST in the league in total defense, and rode a very good offense and the best TO ratio in the league to a super bowl. BTW - That team gave up over 411 yds per game, yet managed to be 15th in scoring D

5. Its one thing to disagree with someone over one thing or another, even to point out a factual mistake. It is totally something else to call someone rude, and then get your high horse and ignore over a decade's worth of posts just to "make a point" that DIDN'T need to be made, and certainly not to me.

So tell me Grid, in the end, just which one of us was being "rude"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back