PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott calls out Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, u already got pawned, but that doesnt mean that i dont get to talk cuz someone beat me to it.....

u obviously cant remember that well, cuz a safety was RIGHT THERE......i kept hearing after the game taht revis was one on one with Moss all day...i believed it....guess not, ill take Randy's word

Revis is prob top 3 cb's in nfl, if not top, but not even he can contain moss on his own....especially if brady has a bit more time

=================================================

Doubled pawned,,, DOH!

I think the bigger point here is that Bart Scott, who is really nothing special, is "calling out" one of the greatest receivers to ever play the game. The only real way to react is with a big old laugh. :rofl:

Honestly though, I don't see how that INT is Moss's fault at all. He was double covered and Brady overthrew Moss when he shouldn't have thrown to him in the first place. It's clear that Brady isn't playing all that well right now. I'm not sure there was much Moss could do in that game, given Brady's inconsistency.

It was not Moss's fault, and it was Brady's fault because he called the wrong protection and got a faceful of blitzers from the wrong side and released anyway.

Honestly though, I don't see how that INT is Moss's fault at all. He was double covered and Brady overthrew Moss when he shouldn't have thrown to him in the first place. It's clear that Brady isn't playing all that well right now. I'm not sure there was much Moss could do in that game, given Brady's inconsistency.

The commentators said that Moss slowed down on the route and if he had not, he could have caught it. Afterwards Brady said that he told Moss he would throw it out there deep, which backs up what the commentators said.

Come Nov. 22 the Jets will be out of contention and we will be heading into the playoff stretch and it will be hilarious to dig up all these quotes.

it wont take long for teams to start exploiting all the blitzing on the Jets D and they don't have the offense to keep up. Jets fans should feel lucky they won that game. Brady doesn't uaually leave that many plays on the field. Any of the first half FGs were TDs than the second half would have been alot different. We would have had a 2 score lead coming out and we would have been more ready for them to open it up and the first drive of the second half wouldn't have been as easy (our D was expecting more of the first half and was caught off guard when the Jets opened up. A two score lead would have had us more ready for it)

Last edited:
It was not Moss's fault, and it was Brady's fault because he called the wrong protection and got a faceful of blitzers from the wrong side and released anyway.

That's not what Brady said, and he is not one to shirk responsibility.

That's not what Brady said, and he is not one to shirk responsibility.

It doesn't matter what Brady says or doesn't say. He called the WRONG protection period. Go watch the video of the interception posted on the previous page.

You'll also see that Moss didn't slow down, he ran up against Revis. So much for the commentators you trust blindly.

Last edited:
The commentators said that Moss slowed down on the route and if he had not, he could have caught it. Afterwards Brady said that he told Moss he would throw it out there deep, which backs up what the commentators said.

The way I saw it was that Moss saw two guys Deep and thought slow up and hoped Brady saw the same thing if Brady threw it short it would have been a big gain. Because of the Pressure Brady just chucked and Moss slowed up making it an easy pick. I could easily be wrong.

But really annoyed me was the announcers chose to harp on Moss slowing down instead of giving him credit for making the tackle there as Revis could have returned that pretty far if he didn't.

It doesn't matter what Brady says or doesn't say. He called the WRONG protection period. Go watch the video of the interception posted on the previous page.

You'll also see that Moss didn't slow down, he ran up against Revis. So much for the commentators you trust blindly.

Thanks buddy, you are as nice as you are smart. Your friendly attitude has convinced me that both Brady and the commentators were wrong. Thanks friend!

The way I saw it was that Moss saw two guys Deep and thought slow up and hoped Brady saw the same thing if Brady threw it short it would have been a big gain. Because of the Pressure Brady just chucked and Moss slowed up making it an easy pick. I could easily be wrong.

But really annoyed me was the announcers chose to harp on Moss slowing down instead of giving him credit for making the tackle there as Revis could have returned that pretty far if he didn't.

It really was a great tackle. I saw the reply on NFL network today and was very impressed by the way Moss angrily whipped Revis down. You're right, it saved alot of yards. Did the Jets score on that possession? I don't recall.

It was a great INT by Revis. He looked like a WR on that one.

It really was a great tackle. I saw the reply on NFL network today and was very impressed by the way Moss angrily whipped Revis down. You're right, it saved alot of yards. Did the Jets score on that possession? I don't recall.

It was a great INT by Revis. He looked like a WR on that one.

3 and out.

That probably is true, but that doesn't mean that it was a smart idea to just chuck it up into double coverage because is a guy in your face. I'm sure that he would have checked Moss down and gone with the slot receiver who looked to have a step on the defender running across the field underneath Moss if he had time.

My point, though, is simply that it wasn't a well designed play. Throwing into double coverage just isn't smart (unless it's the Dolphins...). Sure, maybe Moss slowed down a little bit, but A. He probably figured Brady wouldn't throw into double coverage and B. Even if he went "full" speed, Revis still would have likely been there to contest it.

Last edited:
That probably is true, but that doesn't mean that it was a smart idea to just chuck it up into double coverage because is a guy in your face. I'm sure that he would have checked Moss down and gone with the slot receiver who looked to have a step on the defender running across the field underneath Moss if he had time.

My point, though, is simply that it wasn't a well designed play. Throwing into double coverage just isn't smart (unless it's the Dolphins...). Sure, maybe Moss slowed down a little bit, but A. He probably figured Brady wouldn't throw into double coverage and B. Even if he went "full" speed, Revis still would have likely been there to contest it.

Can't argue with any of that. Even watching on my laptop I could tell that that pass was destined for no-good as soon as Brady released it. It looked like a classic desperation-chuck.

Thanks buddy, you are as nice as you are smart. Your friendly attitude has convinced me that both Brady and the commentators were wrong. Thanks friend!

Why don't you just go watch the video? You'll see Brady calls protect left and the OL picks up to the left, but the Jet's DB's there feint and then drop back (you can see the DE fake a hands-down then drop back). Meanwhile on Brady's right, you have a delayed blitz with only Watson and Taylor to pick up the 3 men rush, leaving the delayed blitzer a clear path to Brady. It was a beautiful play, well-executed, and Brady got fooled. Kudos to Ryan.

And why are you saying the commentators are "wrong"? Just because they don't mention it doesn't mean they were "wrong."

Also the flaw in your logic regarding Brady's "comments" is simply this: that Brady wouldn't even have known at the time of his comment that he made a protection mistake, until he looks at the video on Monday.

Thank you sir.

Last edited:
Why don't you just go watch the video? You'll see Brady calls protect left and the OL picks up to the left, but the Jet's DB's there feint and then drop back (you can see the DE fake a hands-down then drop back). Meanwhile on the left hand, you have a delayed blitz with only Watson and Taylor to pick up the 3 men rush, leaving the delayed blitzer a clear path to Brady. It was a beautiful play, well-executed, and Brady got fooled. Kudos to Ryan.

And why are you saying the commentators are wrong? Just because they don't mention it doesn't mean they were wrong.

Also the flaw in your logic regarding Brady's "comments" is simply this: that Brady wouldn't even have known at the time of his comment that he made a protection mistake, until he looks at the video on Monday.

Thank you sir.

I'm not arguing with any of that. I do have a problem with:

1. watching the game via Slingbox on a little laptop with a slow internet connection and thus poor resolution. Sometimes I can't even tell if a catch is made until the announcers call it.

2. no access to youtube because China blocks it, thus no way to re-watch the play.

3. being told I trust anyone blindly.

I have no dog in this race. Though there may be one at the buffet I go to later.

I'm not arguing with any of that. I do have a problem with:

1. watching the game via Slingbox on a little laptop with a slow internet connection and thus poor resolution. Sometimes I can't even tell if a catch is made until the announcers call it.

2. no access to youtube because China blocks it, thus no way to re-watch the play.

3. being told I trust anyone blindly.

I have no dog in this race. Though there may be one at the buffet I go to later.

Understood.. I forgot about the great firewall of China.

Understood.. I forgot about the great firewall of China.

It really stinks. I used to be able to get to some sites when logged on to a VPN, but very rarely these days.

Are you serious? What are you doing in such a place! I think it's amazing that it is 2009 and still there are many countries that reject freedom with inhabitants that put up with it.

Last edited:
Are you serious? What are you doing in such a place! I think it's amazing that it is 2009 and still there are many countries that reject freedom with inhabitants that put up with it.

I'm very serious, unfortunately. Also no Twitter or Facebook or many blogs. I would say more but I don't want to disappear in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST