PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bandwagon Safety Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I instructed my attorney to designate Rex Ryan's wife's podiatrist as the heir to my vast fortune if the Patriots lose this game.

I have set up my account on TheGangGreen.com - the most complete source of New York Jets information to be activated if the Patriots lose. I set the application that automatically withdraws money from my checking account and social security checks in support of TheGangGreen.com - the most complete source of New York Jets information for life if the Patriots lose.

With my affairs in order, I bid you all adios if the Patriots lose Sunday night.

Whoa! Patsfan seppuku right before our very eyes.

Make it NOT so!

(Hilarious)

Are you guys that soft as adults that you can't handle ever hearing flaws about this team? Like you guys get into this ridiculous protective mode. Do you guys really believe BB is still good at drafting? That his personal moves are still clever? His gameplans flawless? If you dont think he is wasting Brady then you guys are still caught in 2003. He went into the season with A safety situation that was embarassing, and initial worries have come to be true.
The topics that you pointed out are valid - though I personally feel the 'BB is wasting Brady's prime years' opinion that many have is a bit simplistic. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see people taking the stances that you're implying the homers are doing. Quite the contrary, I do see about 98% of the commentary on this forum being very critical of those very topics that you brought up.

What I (and I believe many others) have an issue with is the many so-called Pats fans who only appear after a loss, a player is cut, or some other negative event - but are never around with any commentary whatsoever when things are going well. Always critical, pointing out flaws with no real solutions (just knee jerk 'fire this guy' or 'cut that guy' comments) and of course, plenty of 20-20 hindsight.

I don't really see the point in being negative 100% of the time. If that's what being a fan does to you, why put yourself through so much grief and frustration? It's like some of these people are not only happy unless they're unhappy, and they're not happy unless everyone else is unhappy too.

And for the record there are several here who are in actuality fans of a certain other team, posing as Pats fans. Personally I find that to be far more lame, pathetic and wussy-ish than a fair weather fan jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Last edited:
Another haters v. homers thread, with a little bashing of those who waffle thrown in for good measure......

I am not a homer pats are the greatest in the NFL history ever.

If being a bandwagon fan means cheering for the guy that's out playing safety. I guess that is what I am. A bandwagoneer. No, I'm not happy with the safety situation, or the pass defense or the lack of a deep threat etc. Was not happy with Sergio Browns PI last week and screamed at my television like everyone else.

But what else are you going to do? Hope Ihedigbo, Brown, Molden and Adams all break their legs during the game?

They played well last week for 3 and 1/2 quarters. Still not good enough but certainly a positive sign. Surely I think the Pats can do better with their personal selection and hopefully they will get it rectified during the off season. But right now this is our situation and the only way to go is up as far as improvement.

This is real easy for the all the haters. Complain all you want about the team, but atleast cheer them on Sundays for heaven's sake.

Ahem.......can't wait for a Patriot victory Sunday night :D Never will I retreat. :rocker:

I have moved my seat as far away from the doors and windows as possible. No matter what I am staying on.

I was on it going into the 1990 Giants game certain they would get win number 2. And nothing will get me to leave it.

Problem is if you're a true fan of an NFL team you've never been on its bandwagon; you've been with it steadily win and lose, even though you enjoy the winning a lot more than the losing and some of the losing just makes you plain mad.

That said, it's possible to be a true fan of any team and also think that it might not be up to winning a particular game. So, it's possible to think that the Pats will likely lose on Sunday and also remain a true fan. If someone doesn't "get" that, then they're probably a bandwagon fan. :)

Well put. The only difference for me is, the Pats will likely win on Sun!:singing:

I really felt this defense was on the upswing at the end of last year and they just laid an egg in the playoffs. All that young talent. I think many here felt the same.

It has been a disappointment to see them take a step back...especially with all the "slash and burn" personnel moves.

Some here are over the top with their reactions and criticism. Let's not forget who brought us to the dance. Maybe a losing season will thin the herd a little and give some prospective to fans that do not appreciate what it's like to contend every game and every year.

As a homer, I still hope they can catch fire...but...damn.

There will be a War of Words with Jets fans

The Gang Green Show is a show by the Jets fans for the Jets fans, but also for the rest of the 31 NFL teams. We all know the intense rivalry between the Jets and The Patriots.

Well this Sunday before kickoff, starting from 7pm until 8pm EST, The Gang Green Show will be on LIVE, Jason Halliburton & Naim Williams El return return back and better than ever from Atlanta, GA, Live from Mazzy's Sports Bar (The Official Atlanta Jets Bar) here on BlogTalk Radio.

Jason and Naim will be talking about the Patriots at Jets show down, the fight for the right to claim 1st place in the AFC East and some of the games played in week 10.

We want all Patriots fans to Call-In to the show and give your 2 cents about the Jets, and upcoming game. Will Brady wither under the Jets pass rush, will Wes Welker get roughed up by Revis? It will be an INTENSE fan to fan war of words, stats and facts. But please no profanity, keep it intense but clean.

- Listen and Tune in to the show at 7 pm Est on this link -->The Gang Green Radio Show Online Radio by The Gang Green Show | Blog Talk Radio

- Give your thoughts during the show LIVE by calling the show at (877) 774- 3175 - we'll be with you from 7pm- 8m pm EST

Last edited:
Re: There will be a War of Wits with Jets fans unarmed

Shouldn't this be in the "Jets Suck" thread?

Last edited:
Why is this Jets fan spamming us???

Since there are a fair amount on the board who think the Pats will lose, I wonder why there even going to watch the game.

For the same reason why we watch movies like Friday the 13th over and over

You know bad things are going to happen but you still watch the movie again and again

Never, ever, ever capitalize the vile word jets ...

I need a Lysol shower now! :(

But the aftermath of a Jets win Sunday night will cast a pall over the remaining games for me. It is what it is.

My definition of a successful season, post-Curtis Martin, has always been a minimum of 2-14, so long as the two wins come against the Jets. Oh, my stomach 28 hours from now, and possibly later :(

Nobody can clinch anything Sunday night. Yes, the winner has a one game lead and a clear tiebreaker advantage. But there will still be seven games left. Lots can happen, particularly if a team starts to believe they have something wrapped up.

True, but my help-from-other-teams ship sailed the moment the jets and Brett Fatre <sic> gave me the first of many queasy stomachs at the end of '02. :(

Last edited:
My seat beats and safety harnesses are all fully engaged, doors are locked, I'm on this wagon until it reaches its final destination.

Re: There will be a War of Words with Jets fans

The Gang Green Show is a show by the Jets fans for the Jets fans, but also for the rest of the 31 NFL teams. We all know the intense rivalry between the Jets and The Patriots.

Well this Sunday before kickoff, starting from 7pm until 8pm EST, The Gang Green Show will be on LIVE, Jason Halliburton & Naim Williams El return return back and better than ever from Atlanta, GA, Live from Mazzy's Sports Bar (The Official Atlanta Jets Bar) here on BlogTalk Radio.

Jason and Naim will be talking about the Patriots at Jets show down, the fight for the right to claim 1st place in the AFC East and some of the games played in week 10.

We want all Patriots fans to Call-In to the show and give your 2 cents about the Jets, and upcoming game. Will Brady wither under the Jets pass rush, will Wes Welker get roughed up by Revis? It will be an INTENSE fan to fan war of words, stats and facts. But please no profanity, keep it intense but clean.

- Listen and Tune in to the show at 7 pm Est on this link -->The Gang Green Radio Show Online Radio by The Gang Green Show | Blog Talk Radio

- Give your thoughts during the show LIVE by calling the show at (877) 774- 3175 - we'll be with you from 7pm- 8m pm EST
Howzabout you go screw yourself. How's that sound, you Dipstick...

I really felt this defense was on the upswing at the end of last year and they just laid an egg in the playoffs. All that young talent. I think many here felt the same.

It has been a disappointment to see them take a step back...especially with all the "slash and burn" personnel moves.

Some here are over the top with their reactions and criticism. Let's not forget who brought us to the dance. Maybe a losing season will thin the herd a little and give some prospective to fans that do not appreciate what it's like to contend every game and every year.

As a homer, I still hope they can catch fire...but...damn.

It looked like they were on the upswing the last two games before the bye week too.

If the Jets win screw it...I am all Jets from here on out....

Fans always tend to overreact after a game, and say a lot of irrational things in the heat of moment out of anger and frustration.

That doesn't make them a bandwagon fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore