PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Back in the playoffs!

Good chance Patriots @ Buffalo, 1st round....

Tremendous rebuild as most teams go into a lengthy funk post dynasty. AFC appears wide open so winning a couple games certainly seems possible.

With six championships, as a fan I'm just playing with house money after hitting the Powerball jackpot twice.

At this point I am just enjoying the ride and not worried about the upcoming results.

18 playoff appearances in 21 seasons is probably an NFL record, I would assume. Yes, it is aided by the fact that more teams make the postseason now - but those teams of old did not have to be concerned with free agency or a salary cap, resulting in rosters staying intact for many years, thus making that a moot point.

Well done, Patriots.

Tennessee seems destined to get #1 and the bye, finishing vs. the Texans.

OK, here's a strange thought. Bills vs. Jets... Go Jets!! ?? :eek:o_O:yuck:

Last edited:
Now to figure out our seeding scenarios. Yay... although we can't go higher than 5 unless Buffalo loses to the Jete next week...

When the season began, all I wanted was a chance. I was well aware of Cam's limitations and the odds rookie quarterbacks face. We now officially have that chance.

Jonnu got 1 catch in a blowout....

Wilkerson did better...

great bounce back season. now they need to capitalize on the flexibility a rookie QB contract brings in the next 3 years.
Also, pretty sure we're looking at the first road WC playoff game since 1998....

Good chance Patriots @ Buffalo, 1st round....
Would rather have had cincy after watching them today but…

BACK IN THIS MOTHER****ERRRRERRRR

From 2-4 to playoffs is a great result for a rebuild year with a rookie QB. I don't expect a win in the playoffs, but I also believe we could beat anyone in the first round if we play mistake free.
Imagine - if we beat the Dolphins and Jets, Browns and Broncos win - we finish with the #1 seed.
But, my bet is we go to BUF then TEN - and I think both are winable.
(Crazy that Chiefs likely lost the #1 seed today, Titans in the drivers seat)

All playoff scenarios seem to suggest the Pats will play Buffalo in the WC...if the Jete can some how pull off a miraculous win next week against Buffalo then we'd probably get LAC at home.

Oh, I was told BiLl cAn'T mAkE the pLaYoFfs without BrAdY...

I would love the Jets to pull off the major upset next week and have us take out some revenge on the Dolphins ! Maybe it could happen !

I’m just happy the Pats are in the playoffs. This is a rebuilding team, and to go from 7-9 to 10 wins and possibly an 11 win season, and to get a playoff berth, that’s just a really enjoyable season, a successful season, even if we lose that playoff game.

It’ll be interesting to see what the Pats do in the offseason as well, Free Agency and the draft will be really interesting. Do we give Mac that special weapon ? Look at what every great QB has, each great QB has at least one elite weapon.

First to go to the playoffs with a rookie at qb, is just amazing. I am on record as predicting we would go 5-12 this year, but jones completely surpassed all my expectations. His pre snap reads are incredible.

second to go to the playoffs after starting the year 2-4 shows just how resilient this team is. Early in the year, we lost some close games and a lot of people talked about moral victories, but moral victories do not count in the scoreboard, real victories do!

congrats to this team! Still much work to do this season! On to Miami!

99Welp, next week is going to feel like a million years and i LOVE it. Playoff football baby!!!!!!!!!!

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back