PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asterisk next to Pats' record removed from Jaguars' Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright alright alright. I don't hate the pats AT ALL for the "scandal." And I certainly don't hate you for dominating... I actually respect you for that. I hate you because your quarterback dates one of the most beautiful women in the world! Seriously though, LA has had its chances. Were a young franchise and time will bring stability. I'm not sure how that cheap shot has anything to do with what were saying. Except that it was a decent escape from a response to your post that obviously had you beat. I DON'T HATE THE PATS I RESPECT THEM! No one wants to hear that because you (at least some good percentage) love the idea of being able to play the disrespect card.

Seems like someone touched a nerve there. How would you take it if the official NEP website asterisked the Jacksonville Jaguars in the standings with the label "Will probably eventually be moved to LA"? Oh, but its just humor.

This guy Ketschman is the hands down winner of Mediot of the Year award.
He creates content for a website, the sole purpose of which is to get a lot of people to read it, and then when a lot of people do read it, thanks to ESPN giving him free publicity, he says, hey, wait, why are all these people paying attention to what I say?
And, subtle humor is a Prairie Home Companion show. Calling another team a cheater, in that context, is hardly subtle.
Putting up the asterisk in the first place which showed a total idiocy and a complete lack of judgment. Taking it down just before the Jags biggest game of the year, shows those flaws to be compounded by the fact the guy does not at least have the courage of his convictions.

But, we should be thankful morons like this exist. They make BB's job so much easier....

Heres my take on the Jags, spygate, and the asterisk:

1) The Jacksonville Jaguars are a rough and tumble team, they are a throwback to tradditional football. They pound the ball, and their defense plays very aggresively. Some say that they are dirty, but look at the game as a whole, its a contact sport that is commonly compared to battle, its a very thin line players have to walk, and being a fan of a team that employees Rodney Harrison, Brandon Merriweather, and Vince Wilfork, I completely understand their philosophy. If Garrard runs and dosnt slide feet first, I hope Ty Warren spears him too, I'll take the penelity, the NFL fine, and the perception of our team as dirty, but most of all I'll take that WIN, because without a teams #1 QB, in most cases, that game is a done deal, and if that QB is stupid enough to slide head first, its his own fault.

I think, from what Ive been reading, Jacksonville's official website, their trolling fans, and senior editor, that they are not only naive, but very careless. Allow me to explain:

2) Spygate

When you play poker, you are allowed to look at the opposing player, and try to "decode" facial expressions, thats why pro's wear dark glasses, visors, hats, hoodies, and so forth, to disguise any sort of "tells", but it is completely within the rules to try and read "signals".

In the NFL it is completely within the rules to study anything, and everything the opposing team should bring out to the field and show during a game, including, but not limited to defensive hand signals, and not only is it common place for opposing teams to try and decode these signals, but it is so widespread, that EVERY TEAM uses several dummy signal callers, and one real signal caller, as to throw opposing teams off.

Its a matter of semantics really

Its one thing if you secretly videotaped your opposing poker players facial expressions for patterns/tendencies, and another if you secretly videotaped their cards.

If breaking a rule is cheating, in its technical sense, you could go through each team and find that every team in the NFL has cheated, think penelities and flags

But in reality, decoding "tells"/ hand signals is within NFL rules.

Videotaping them is not.

The New England Patriots broke a rule, it would be entirely different if the Patriots were video taping their call sheets, or somehow obtained their playbook.

3) It is common knowledge, regardless what the Patriot players/ coaches say, that this is a team that will use any piece of information as bulletin board material. The team has an underdog mentality, and regardless of perfect seasons, superbowl wins, or lopsided scores, they feel it is "them against the world", and to go ahead, regardless of if it was considered satire or not, and put an asterisk next to their name, when thay have done what few thought ever imaginable, a perfect season, is to fuel the fire.

Absolute stupidity, just look at what the team has done in previous games when less negativity has been said or written about this team.

Last edited:
you doofus, that asterisk is for clinching homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

As for the Jags website retracting the asterisk, I think that's pretty funny.

An asterisk is an asterisk.

Seems like someone touched a nerve there. How would you take it if the official NEP website asterisked the Jacksonville Jaguars in the standings with the label "Will probably eventually be moved to LA"? Oh, but its just humor.

I certainly wouldn't have my panties in this huge of a wad. You're acting like they stated something that didn't happen. Again I'm not sure if this is news to you all but it did happen.

As far as who actually was responsible for taking it down. So it wasn't Ketchman himself... So now how does this support the widespread idea on this forum that what he does and says represents the franchise as a whole if it wasn't even his idea.

I certainly wouldn't have my panties in this huge of a wad. You're acting like they stated something that didn't happen. Again I'm not sure if this is news to you all but it did happen.

As far as who actually was responsible for taking it down. So it wasn't Ketchman himself... So now how does this support the widespread idea on this forum that what he does and says represents the franchise as a whole if it wasn't even his idea.

Wait a second, Mr. False Statement!!!!!!

Didn't you say HE took it down out of respect? Oh YES YOU DID - - post #59.

Do you even think before you type? Isn't mistatement of facts when you know better a form of "cheating"?

Wait a second, Mr. False Statement!!!!!!

Didn't you say HE took it down out of respect? Oh YES YOU DID - - post #59.

Do you even think before you type?

Nice catch Shmessy. This guy's been making it up as he goes. Can't blame him as he's trying to defend the indefesible. Signing off.

Ha ha, Ketchman! Good one.

You lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore