PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ask PFW: Why am I a Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh pulleeeeze, this guy needs to grow up. His kid (if he plays any sports) probably plays on a team where they don't keep score because we want everybody to have high self-esteem. Guess what Bubba, life is tough, it ain't easy and at times it is extremely unfair. The sooner Junior realises it, the better off he'll be. Better he should learn what it takes to be successful in terms of preparation and hard work...There's an expression about better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. The 2007 Patriots are playing hard for 60 minutes, something that you may want to teach your child becasue perseverance and hard work will serve him well, even in his molly-coddled world.
Most all of us have been on teams that have both won and lost blowouts. You learn from both and it teaches you to work harder to avoid being embarassed. That is a life lesson for little mr. "who has web meetings during games?"
Rant over....................

I'm surprised at older generation guys (father-in-law) being uncomfortable with the Pats' dominance. They should have a better perspective on NFL scoring history (Dolphins lose 62-10) as well as a lifetime of seeing the 'Patsies' ridiculed in the national media. It's not like the players and coach are arrogant. Remember the '86 Bears SuperBowl video? THAT'S arrogance. Where was the outrage? There was none. People enjoyed their exhuberance.

Last edited:
People get confused as to the role of sports, if you do not want your children to watch the terrible pats, watch NASCAR or something else. As a parent you have a responsibility to control what your children watch on TV. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing , this is the NFL. It has been done before and will be done again.

This Capo could be my Father in law. Against the Colts when Moss drew the PI. My FIL immediately said "He did that twice last week and did not get called for it" Like we had it comming. The way he reacted and other things he says I could tell he is embarrassed by the Pats. I was livid at the replays and I think he could see it was a stupid comment. But still, this may be a legit letter.

Oh yeah he tells me I cheer too much at the games too. You get the idea.

If it was not for his 72" HDTV and his season tickets I'd never watch another game with him.:rolleyes:

Yikes. Is he a fan of the team?

I am very fortunate that my whole family (except for my sister who decided to root for the Broncos) follow the Patriots are are extreme homers. We all "cheer too much."

I'm sure this is the same guy who fought for his son's T-ball games to not keep score. "Ok son. In life, you win some and you lose some.... except in sports because we don't keep score anymore."

Does this guy realize what the players say to each other during the game?

Does this guy realize what goes on during the line play like the nut-sack grabbing?

Did this guy really think adult males trying to knock the snot out of each other was somehow saintly?

What a moron ... imagine this idiot on your side when your group is attacked.

"Hello. I'm a recent fan of the Patriots. I demand an apology from the Patriots scoring too many points. I liked them back when they were scrappy and had to win each game by magic. That made me feel like I was a somebody. Now, the Patriots are using every strategy possible and are so good they are blowing out the other team. I can no longer relate to that. That's not a very good example for our kids. It's very unrealistic and sends a poor self-image to our youth. It makes me feel like I have to do seven times as much work as my coworkers thanks to your blowouts of the Redskins and the Bills. Like I said, kids shouldn't have to see this on TV because it sends the wrong message. If Tom Brady doesn't kneel in the first quarter, you know he's running up the score. It's not realistic and they shouldn't show this stuff on TV."

Last edited:
letekro,Is really Dennis or Callahan,probably Callahan who does he think he's fooling.

Give this guy a pass to tranny world and make sure that he stays for the icecream.

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes