PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As Usual, 31 GM's Are Ignorant & Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this is one of the strangest posts I have ever read on this board. I guess you are trying to rip the posters here who think Dennard will be good by posting some of their quotes, rather than outright saying, I think some of you have higher expectations for him than I do. I guess it makes you look good if he is cut after training camp and bad if he ends up being a starter. Either way, why bother with the post? Seems sort of below what I usually expect from you.

If you think this a strange post here, you don't get around much ;)

It's off season and not much to talk about unless you want to diss the Jets for their moves :D

Half the fun of pre season is having a binkie to root for. Maybe Dennard is the steal of the draft as a 7th rounder or maybe he's a bust. He might even be an average DB which would improve the Pats.

I haven't seen him play but reading posts from guys who have seen him play in college give me hope he may just make the final cut. In the meantime, keep on posting :singing:

I think Dennard would have had several offers as an UDFA, but using a draft pick is a whole different ballgame for a GM. The idea that Belichick and the Pats are in a position to take a flyer on a player is more likely due to BB being more secure in his job than his peers.

Taking the best available player off the big board is a much safer way to protect a GM's 7 figure income than taking a chance on 22 year old kid with a trial pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes