PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As Pats fans, do any one of you realized how spoiled we are.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched my first Pats game in 1982.

I (and the rest of us who are in our 40s or older) have endured an almost unbearable football hell.

From 1-15, 2-14 teams, coaches getting fired before playoff games or quitting after Super Bowls, Super Bowl blowouts, cocaine and sexual harassment scandals, the threat of leaving Foxboro (twice) the league and to owners trying to bury your franchise, stupid-ass accusations of cheating designed to make your team an also-ran...

I have no problem with being spoiled.

Every other NFL fan that hates this team can go fry an ice cube.

The irony is that the Pats lost to Arizona in 2012 at Gillette on a Gostkowski FG that was no good at the end of the game, mirror image of last night........ IIRC that was the one that was not reviewable but looked like it went over the upright...

That was Baltimore.

Last night on NFL network, JE11 hopped on for a phone interview after the game with Deion Sanders, Deion told JE11 that he is so underrated by everyone that it's so much injustice it's almost like reverse racism lol.

For those of us 60 and older, I Gua Ran Tee you we do not feel spoiled, as we sucked for SO long, BUT we do feel grateful.

We are very lucky (now) but we did pay a price

We were also the worst team in Tecmo Bowl growing up! What kind of choice was Scotty Zolak or Scott Secules! in the Super Nintendo Version

Cmon man...

Quarterbacks RS RP MS HP PS PC PA AR
#16 QB Scott Zolak 25 69 13 13 44 25 38 44
#10 QB Scott Secules 25 69 13 13 19 31 44 25

Running Backs RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#24 RB Jon Vaughn 38 69 44 31 44 19
#32 RB Leonard Russell 38 69 38 38 50 19
#33 RB Sam Gash 31 69 38 25 50 38
#40 RB Scott Lockwood 25 69 31 31 50 19

Wide Receivers RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#86 WR Greg Mcmurty 31 69 31 13 50 50
#83 WR Michael Timpson 25 69 31 13 50 44
#81 WR Mike Farr 38 69 25 13 50 38
#88 WR H.L. Dykes 31 69 25 13 50 44

Tight Ends RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#85 TE Marv Cook 44 69 31 44 44 63
#87 TE Ben Coates 25 69 19 63 50 25
The fact that you still have this information and took the time to type it all out is very, very scary to me. ;)

The fact that you still have this information and took the time to type it all out is very, very scary to me. ;)

You would be amazed at what you can find on google! I cant take credit I am just a cut and paster.

You would be amazed at what you can find on google! I cant take credit I am just a cut and paster.
Thanks for the info, I feel a LOT safer now that I have it. ;)

We are very lucky (now) but we did pay a price

We were also the worst team in Tecmo Bowl growing up! What kind of choice was Scotty Zolak or Scott Secules! in the Super Nintendo Version

Cmon man...

Quarterbacks RS RP MS HP PS PC PA AR
#16 QB Scott Zolak 25 69 13 13 44 25 38 44
#10 QB Scott Secules 25 69 13 13 19 31 44 25

Running Backs RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#24 RB Jon Vaughn 38 69 44 31 44 19
#32 RB Leonard Russell 38 69 38 38 50 19
#33 RB Sam Gash 31 69 38 25 50 38
#40 RB Scott Lockwood 25 69 31 31 50 19

Wide Receivers RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#86 WR Greg Mcmurty 31 69 31 13 50 50
#83 WR Michael Timpson 25 69 31 13 50 44
#81 WR Mike Farr 38 69 25 13 50 38
#88 WR H.L. Dykes 31 69 25 13 50 44

Tight Ends RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#85 TE Marv Cook 44 69 31 44 44 63
#87 TE Ben Coates 25 69 19 63 50 25
Some things never change, had the best TEs in the league even back then ;)

Thought Hart Lee Dykes was gonna be a star. 49 catches as a rookie. We are STILL looking for that BIG receiver 25 years later. I've convinced myself it'll never happen.

I wear nothing but Hoodies (well, from the waist up anyway)

Bless you; I'm having a very Monday-ish Monday, so you've spared me a mental picture I could not have coped with :D

Within about 2 years it won't even be arguable to call him the best.

Guys.. There have been some GREAT TEs in the league. Mark Bavaro. Ben Coates. Ozzie Newsome.
Just the fact that Gronk is in with those guys says ALOT..

I've been a fan for over 40 years and I am enjoying it while it lasts but sometimes when I read comments from Patriots fans on PFT they sound like spoiled brats.

Guys.. There have been some GREAT TEs in the league. Mark Bavaro. Ben Coates. Ozzie Newsome.
Just the fact that Gronk is in with those guys says ALOT..

Absolutely, Ditka and Winslow Sr. too. And Gronk is already in with those guys at an absolute minimum. If he retired today, his career would be as good as any of theirs, arguably better. Another year or two wrecking the league like he has for the past 5+ and he'll be a full rung above them, even acknowledging how great those guys were.

He's averaged 11 TDs per year, even with all the time he's missed to injury. It's ****ing absurd and entirely unprecedented. I already think he's the GOAT TE, but he could very well end any credibe debate before he turns 30.

Last edited:
I was born in 86, started really getting into the NFL and the hometown patriots during the 96 run (yea I definitely hopped on the bandwagon)

As a 10 year old, I was devastated when they lost to the Packers. Since that loss I don't take anything for granted (in my 10 year old mind there was no way the pats were going to lose) and its obviously been fun since 01.

I'm 30 now, and I never could have imagined that the pats would become the gold standard, not just in the NFL but pretty much all of sports.

Very proud of this team and very appreciative.

Last edited:
I was born in 86, started really getting into the NFL and the hometown patriots during the 96 run (yea I definitely hopped on the bandwagon)

As a 10 year old, I was devastated when they lost to the Packers. Since that loss I don't take anything for granted (in my 10 year old mind there was no way the pats were going to lose) and its obviously been fun since 01.

I'm 30 now, and I could have never imagined that the pats would become the gold standard, not just in the NFL but pretty much all of sports.

Very proud of this team and very appreciative.

1985 here, similar experience. I remember my dad getting super pumped when Bill Parcells came to town, and I got right on board to whatever extent a 7 year old can. Since then, the only week 1 QBs I've experienced are Bledsoe and Brady (and now Garoppolo, I guess), and the only coaches I've known are Parcells, Carroll and Belichick.

Given all that, I've stopped even trying to convince my Raider fan friends that I can relate to them on account of a brief patch of mediocrity from 1998-2000. I just have to acknowledge that I was born at the perfect time to become the most spoiled fan in modern NFL history from childhood straight through into my 30s. When it comes time to commiserate over badly run sports franchises, I lean on my experience with other Boston teams at their respective recent low points, since the Patriots haven't really had one. And even that requires explaining "Yeah, that team won a title fairly recently, but sometimes they sucked too".

1962. both Pats and Red Sox causing lots of agita for decades (like ten). We live in blessed times! Cherish it while it lasts.

In this age of remote controlled devices, wouldn't it be fitting if a remote controlled 18 wheel semi smashed through Goodell's precious little Maine retreat...with a cargo of deflated bildos and red headed blow up sex dolls?

wouldn't that be a scene?...a little too over the top maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back