PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As Pats fans, do any one of you realized how spoiled we are.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We've got a coach who will be forever considered up there with the likes of Lombardi, Bryant, Brown, Noll, and Walsh. Many people say he's better than some of those. It's a debate that could last for years amongst those with great football knowledge..

We've got, arguable, the greatest QB to ever play the game, who is currently suspended because the NFL felt the need to have a witch hunt to punish the Patriots because they didn't punish them enough for "CameraGate".

We've got arguably one of the greatest TEs to ever play the game on our roster.

We've got one of the hardest working WRs in the game playing for this team. He'll never be considered an NFL HOFer, but he'll most certainly make the Patriots HOF.

But think about this. When the chips were down last night, it wasn't Brady, Gronk or Edelman that bailed us out. It was the likes of Danny Amendola, who made 2 critical catches on the drive. It was LeGarrette Blount who reeled off a 13 yard run outside behind an under-manned O-line whose RT was playing hurt.. It was receiving RB James White making 2 critical catches.

And we've seen this over and over again over the last 16 years.. That it's the "support" players who step up and show their best when called upon to help push the Pats over the top.

Sure, but let me give you some perspective. As an older Pats fan I lived through Schaefer Stadium, Coach Fairbanks leaving the team just before playoffs, waiting decades to see my team in the SB only to have that team be led by Tony Eason at QB and "lead" that team to the worst SB loss ever, the 1-15 years, the Coach Fredo era, Daryl Stingley, etc etc etc. I feel like after all that I went through for those lean and ugly years I have EARNED the right to enjoy this team. Thank you Kraft Family!

Good points...

You know you're spoiled when you don't need 2 of the top 5 or 10 players in the league to beat another top team in the league. That's how good we are

Sure, but let me give you some perspective. As an older Pats fan I lived through Schaefer Stadium, Coach Fairbanks leaving the team just before playoffs, waiting decades to see my team in the SB only to have that team be led by Tony Eason at QB and "lead" that team to the worst SB loss ever, the 1-15 years, the Coach Fredo era, Daryl Stingley, etc etc etc. I feel like after all that I went through for those lean and ugly years I have EARNED the right to enjoy this team. Thank you Kraft Family!
So true, been a fan since 1975, been through some lean years. The last 15-16 years I definitely feel spoiled, but it almost feels like a dream, after so many years of mediocrity. But definitely spoiled now, expect greatness every year, won't know what to do when/if it ends. IF Jimmy G is the real deal, the greatness may last a few more years. As long as Belichick is around, I can see us being dominant for a few more years, maybe more.

Indeed, this team must be appreciated.

That's why I finally went ahead and bought my TB12 Hoodie from the TB12store.com and the Bill Belichick Foundation Hoodie from billbelichickfoundation.org. I wear nothing but Hoodies (well, from the waist up anyway) and mostly Patriots but I've been thrown for a bit of a loop as I want to spend as little as possible on NFL merchandise. So these two work out perfectly. The BBF one is actually for a good cause too.

Indeed, this team must be appreciated.

That's why I finally went ahead and bought my TB12 Hoodie from the TB12store.com and the Bill Belichick Foundation Hoodie from billbelichickfoundation.org. I wear nothing but Hoodies (well, from the waist up anyway) and mostly Patriots but I've been thrown for a bit of a loop as I want to spend as little as possible on NFL merchandise. So these two work out perfectly. The BBF one is actually for a good cause too.

Living in Texas, I don't really have the need for a hoodie.. but I'll check out the BB foundation store to see what they have..

nope..........seen enough sucky football around here to ever water down the satisfaction I get from their success

Living in Texas, I don't really have the need for a hoodie.. but I'll check out the BB foundation store to see what they have..

you could always get a TB12 hoodie
160502_TB12_Canada_Avatar.001_3ebd5db7-3f54-4f9e-862a-45cdd48dfa53_2048x2048.jpeg

I think of this subject often during the offseason. Keep telling myself the greatness has got to end at some point. But the train keeps going. Blessed I tell ya.

We needed a botched FG attempt to win the first game of the year! I don't care! I can't stand it!!!!!

LOL, I live in the California Desert. 105-115 all summer but I still love to wear my hoodies (except when I'm outside for a while).

Shop - Bill Belichick Foundation

Not a lot but a Hoodie and Cap. I just got the Hoodie. And the TB12 Hoodie that IllegalContact posted above. That's supposed to arrive today.

It really is incredible how we've just come to expect 11+ wins and a deep run in the playoffs every single year. To achieve the success that this organization has in an era of *parity is something that the league will never see again.

BB/TB will go down as the best duo in NFL history and I'm damned PROUD to call myself a fan of this team.

LOL, I live in the California Desert. 105-115 all summer but I still love to wear my hoodies (except when I'm outside for a while).

Shop - Bill Belichick Foundation

Not a lot but a Hoodie and Cap. I just got the Hoodie. And the TB12 Hoodie that IllegalContact posted above. That's supposed to arrive today.

I can't wear them.. I sweat too much and it gets way too uncomfortable.. If I was still in NH, then yeah, I could get away with it.. But, here, I'm in T-shirt and shorts 10-11 Months of the year..

Good post. I will also add that we have some hard working coaches. Scarnecchia (Is considered the best OL coach of all time), Patricia and McDaniels are some of the best in the league. Ivan Fears has also been part of the staff for 20 plus years. Top to bottom, BB has put together the best players, front office and coaching staff in the league. The league and jealous owners still haven't figured out our winning has nothing to do with cheating and everything to do with accountability & hard work.

We are very lucky (now) but we did pay a price

We were also the worst team in Tecmo Bowl growing up! What kind of choice was Scotty Zolak or Scott Secules! in the Super Nintendo Version

Cmon man...

Quarterbacks RS RP MS HP PS PC PA AR
#16 QB Scott Zolak 25 69 13 13 44 25 38 44
#10 QB Scott Secules 25 69 13 13 19 31 44 25

Running Backs RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#24 RB Jon Vaughn 38 69 44 31 44 19
#32 RB Leonard Russell 38 69 38 38 50 19
#33 RB Sam Gash 31 69 38 25 50 38
#40 RB Scott Lockwood 25 69 31 31 50 19

Wide Receivers RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#86 WR Greg Mcmurty 31 69 31 13 50 50
#83 WR Michael Timpson 25 69 31 13 50 44
#81 WR Mike Farr 38 69 25 13 50 38
#88 WR H.L. Dykes 31 69 25 13 50 44

Tight Ends RS RP MS HP BC Rec
#85 TE Marv Cook 44 69 31 44 44 63
#87 TE Ben Coates 25 69 19 63 50 25

We needed a botched FG attempt to win the first game of the year! I don't care! I can't stand it!!!!!
The irony is that the Pats lost to Arizona in 2012 at Gillette on a Gostkowski FG that was no good at the end of the game, mirror image of last night........ IIRC that was the one that was not reviewable but looked like it went over the upright...

We've got a coach who will be forever considered up there with the likes of Lombardi, Bryant, Brown, Noll, and Walsh. Many people say he's better than some of those. It's a debate that could last for years amongst those with great football knowledge..

We've got, arguable, the greatest QB to ever play the game, who is currently suspended because the NFL felt the need to have a witch hunt to punish the Patriots because they didn't punish them enough for "CameraGate".

We've got arguably one of the greatest TEs to ever play the game on our roster.

We've got one of the hardest working WRs in the game playing for this team. He'll never be considered an NFL HOFer, but he'll most certainly make the Patriots HOF.

But think about this. When the chips were down last night, it wasn't Brady, Gronk or Edelman that bailed us out. It was the likes of Danny Amendola, who made 2 critical catches on the drive. It was LeGarrette Blount who reeled off a 13 yard run outside behind an under-manned O-line whose RT was playing hurt.. It was receiving RB James White making 2 critical catches.

And we've seen this over and over again over the last 16 years.. That it's the "support" players who step up and show their best when called upon to help push the Pats over the top.

There was an article last month that I haven't been able to find or I'd link to it. Anyway, there was a navy guy (?) who was on Cleveland's NFL staff and had an interview with Belichick. The first question that Belichick asked the guy was, "How do you find guys who are willing to buy into the program?" And the guy was floored because here is Bill Belichick, the best head coach of the current generation, and he's having difficulty finding people who buy in.

One possibility for this success is that Belichick values finding people who buy in much more than any other coach out there. Two of the guys you listed -- Amendola and Blount -- have taken less money to stay with the Pats, and will continue to be on the Pats until Belichick decides they're not good enough anymore. He values that they buy in so completely that they're dependable when the chips are down like last night. He values it more than many of us -- some of us wanted these two guys cut this offseason. It's really amazing that we have a coach who is able to get the guys to buy in, and is willing to subject himself to outside criticism to have these guys on the roster instead of others (Glenn, Adalius Thomas, Meriweather, Easley).

I see what you're saying, but I don't understand the presumption that none of us realize and appreciate greatness when we see it, and in particular, don't realize that the greatness isn't just at the top of the roster, it's all about everyone on the roster doing their job to the best of their abilities. We realize that TB12 routinely takes a fraction of his market value so there's enough money left to pay others. We get it, and we love it!

Going into the game last night, I thought we were going to lose. But just thinking that we had a really good chance is a testament to how lucky we are to have Belichick. You're never really overmatched as long as he's the guy preparing the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back