PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Artificial crowd noise at Indy? (MERGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: About the crowd noise...

I was told it's not reverb in the other thread.

BTW, the Dome's sound system really, really sucks, but the entire crowd would have heard it if it was coming through it.

It isn't reverb. That's an entirely different thing. It's feedback.

They did hear it. It couldn't have been missed. Find some recordings of games and listen to when the ref calls his explanation of a penalty. Sometimes the stadium engineer tries to turn him up too loud. You will hear a type of feedback that is similar to what you heard tonight. A sucky sound system will also be susceptable to feedback before a current "state of the art" system will. I can explain why if you're interested.

It isn't reverb. That's an entirely different thing. It's feedback.

They did hear it. It couldn't have been missed. Find some recordings of games and listen to when the ref calls his explanation of a penalty. Sometimes the stadium engineer tries to turn him up too loud. You will hear a type of feedback that is similar to what you heard tonight. A sucky sound system will also be susceptable to feedback before a current "state of the art" system will. I can explain why if you're interested.

Reverb is a type of feedback. It's short for reverberation, which is what the sound is doing in the loop that is created. There are different intensities created by how much of the sound from speaker is being picked back up by the mic.

Since there are two threads on this, I'll ask this here too.

Anyone have the ability to check the replay after the play? They play the audio from the play when they show the replay. If it was from something inside the stadium and not CBS it will be on the replay as well.

Re: More Polian shenanigans -- artificial crowd noise?

the colts are using bootleg "artificial crowd noise cds", thats why you hear some skipping...:)

Nope Polian dropped his iPOD. He has his arms full with all the game tapes he was making for the competition committee and the Sopranos style payoff envelopes for the refs that he was trying to seal.

I heard it to, i think they should get a draft pick token away from them, they cheated, we didn't.

Last edited:

This really is getting sad with you guys...it's really sad. Its a CBS issue, nothing more. Move on, celebrate a good win. Paranoia much?

...Notice the announcers voices don't skip. That shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

Its easy to isolate Simms' and Nance's feeds from the ambient crowd noise even if they were sitting on the field. A cheap mic that'll do the job costs less than $100. Google the term 'noise canceling microphone' and see for yourself. I expect CBS wants to make sure that no matter how loud the crowd gets the viewer can still hear the announcers. They may very well dial the crowd noise up sometimes for what gets broadcast to make the game seem more exciting on TV too. This isn't to say that Napolian wasn't pulling a fast one. I'm non sure either way. Just that the announcers' voices not stuttering doesn't tell you anything.

If this is true, they should lose 2 first round picks.

The advantage the pats got by breaking the rules was that they were able to save some money by not buying a camera with better zoom (that instead would've been placed in the stands).

The advantage the colts got by this is an extra 60,000 fans to disrupt the opposing offense.

I think this is atleast twice as worse as the Pats offense...And it comes after the Pats were used as an example. Time to make the Colts the ultimate example.

so wait people - is profootball talk full of sh*t like almost everyone here says, or is it a good site? I need an answer.

It's good, but that audio file originated from here.

Did Florio capture that himself or is it what Pats1 sent him?

Either they did it, or they'll deny and Florio can over-pursue another story. Win-win.

Unless he changed his to exactly match the MP3 info I had in mine... ;)

I was at the Pittsburg - Colts divisional in Indy a couple of years ago, the one when Pitts won it all... My son and I were in the nosebleeds in the endzone. I distinctly remember telling my son to look slightly up and to the right where the noise was coming from, definitely the rafters. No doubt in my mind at all there is piped in noise there. We were 3-5 rows from the top and the noise was definitely coming from above us and to the right where there were no seats.

From Florio's Live Blog:

A reader points out something we noticed -- right before the pick, the crowd noise sounded funny. It almost sounded like there was a skip in the artificial crowd noise.

I thought I heard that, too. I guess I'm not losing it completely.

I read this, and I'm thinking these are reports from folks who actually attended the game. Then it becomes apparent you guys are basing this all on audio piped to your TV's?? Poorest thread started by a moderator ever. You should be embarrassed.

I was at the Pittsburg - Colts divisional in Indy a couple of years ago, the one when Pitts won it all... My son and I were in the nosebleeds in the endzone. I distinctly remember telling my son to look slightly up and to the right where the noise was coming from, definitely the rafters. No doubt in my mind at all there is piped in noise there. We were 3-5 rows from the top and the noise was definitely coming from above us and to the right where there were no seats.

Well, with a new stadium it'll be interesting what "special" features Polian has built in!!!!:cool:

PATS FANS!!: Don't even stoop to that level. The Patriots won a game that was poorly officiated. It doesn't matter. The Patriots won the Colts lost. We got home field throughout the playoffs. We'll see how teams enjoy that.

I think we can savor the win while noting that the game was apparently officiated by Stevie Wonder and questioning the peculiar audio issues. If there's nothing to the latter, then fine. But the former needs to be addressed. Winning the game does not excuse the fact that the officiating sucked. I don't think it was a conspiracy by any stretch, just poor performance. But it's not like sucking is all that much more excusable.

I read this, and I'm thinking these are reports from folks who actually attended the game. Then it becomes apparent you guys are basing this all on audio piped to your TV's?? Poorest thread started by a moderator ever. You should be embarrassed.

Just a guess, but I'm betting far more of us watched it on TV and didn't actually attend the game.

It wasn't a full-audio seize on the broadcast, it was a CD skipping noise in the background but the stadium announcer was unaffected. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I'll don the tin foil hat when I see fit.

Thanks Frezo! Very Interesting info!!! Here's hoping the new Colts stadium gets a good "sweeping" before games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back